• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Should the NFC take action on players/coaches who arrested for other crimes?

With all talk of alleged domestic violence and fines/suspensions given, what other behavior should be considered?

DUI/hit with human injury/fatality?
Manslaughter/murder?
Bank/armed robbery?
Rape?
Posesession of narcotics for sale and distribution?
Kidnapping/car jacking?
Hate crime?
Tax evasion?
Child Support?
I know this lists is kinda long,but the key here is "alledged".

What about the AFC? lol

For most of those, the criminal conviction and penalty should be long enough that it would be a moot point anyways.

But yeah, if you kill someone while drunk driving which have been actual cases in the league, that should be a lifetime ban.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
The NFL wants to be seen as a morally-sensitive league but the truth of the matter is if you can play the game well, you can pretty much get away with anything and still play. There has been some improvement over the last few years but more from public and corporate pressure rather than from some light going on in the NFL headquarters.

What about the AFC? lol

For most of those, the criminal conviction and penalty should be long enough that it would be a moot point anyways.

But yeah, if you kill someone while drunk driving which have been actual cases in the league, that should be a lifetime ban.

Sorry, forgot my ABC's. Thank you for your reply

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/panther said:
Panther[/URL][/B], post: 8573688, member: 26138"]Ray Rice released........great decision!

Unfortunately they only did it because of public pressure.

With all talk of alleged domestic violence and fines/suspensions given, what other behavior should be considered?

DUI/hit with human injury/fatality?
Manslaughter/murder?
Bank/armed robbery?
Rape?
Posesession of narcotics for sale and distribution?
Kidnapping/car jacking?
Hate crime?
Tax evasion?
Child Support?
I know this lists is kinda long,but the key here is "alledged".

One of the very principles of Justice in a "civilised" country is the presumption of innocence.

Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.

Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
6th Amendment ot the US Constitution

No oe should face punishment for alleged crimes.

One of the very principles of Justice in a "civilised" country is the presumption of innocence.

Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.
No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.

Article 11 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
6th Amendment ot the US Constitution

No oe should face punishment for alleged crimes.

None of which directly applies to employment in privately held businesses, unfortunately. What does matter is NFL rules and their contract with the Players Assoc.

Most normal businesses will fire a person if they somehow make news being involved with most of the crimes on that list with any kind of reasonable suspicion that they did do it. There is no way I would keep my job if I made the local news or higher that had good evidence I committed a serious violent crime. I also doubt they would wait for the court system to run it's course if they thought they had a violent criminal working for them. People like professional athletes get off easy compared to everybody else with the exception that what they do is more likely to make headline news for their business to find out about it. Still they are giving more opportunities compared to normal people even after they are outed.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Enough domestic violence for ABC to start a Wifebeating With The Stars show. Regular American ladies get to be showcased on national TV taking the most severe beatings from the biggest stars. Watch the shiners shine Monday nights right after the big game.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
No real opinion here. But I do find it massively annoying when reporters and/or news outlets, which know absolutely NOTHING about sports (MSNBC and the feminist cadre there, for example), use allegations and incidents like this to whine and harp ad nauseam.

And we even have Barrack Obama making comments about what being a "real man" is all about. Sorry Mr. Prez, but the way my father brought me up, one of the big things that a real man doesn't do is lie. So... ya know... there's that. :nono: Instead of throwing your two cents in whenever there is a headline story du jour, hows about you just get focused back on the economy and the sad state of our fiscal and infrastructure affairs??? Ya know, what we hired you to do?! :dunno: You can always get a guest spot on MSNBC, ESPN or CNN when you leave office. For now, we really do need you to get back on the stick and stop playing politics and pandering to the whiniest elements of your base 99.9% of the time. M'kay? Thanks.

No real opinion here. But I do find it massively annoying when reporters and/or news outlets, which know absolutely NOTHING about sports (MSNBC and the feminist cadre there, for example), use allegations and incidents like this to whine and harp ad nauseam.

If you find fault with their line of thinking that's one thing, but I don't see how knowing anything about sports would really be an issue with an event that really didn't have anything to do with sports either other than how the people involved were employed. They just have to know about social commentary, which is there job, and have common sense to know things like it's wrong to abuse your significant other. It's not like they are trying to use this to analyze the finer points of the 3-4 defense.

Sure, a well known event that makes headlines will be used as an example for their commentary, because more people are interested in it and will pay attention to it, and it's easier than using some obscure incident nobody knows about. It doesn't change the fundamental basis of anybody's argument. While you also might think there is whining and harping there also seems to be a genuine problem with society itself and the league that hasn't been fixed. Maybe that's a bigger problem than people rightfully calling others for that real problem.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Wonder what tomorrow's big issue du jour will be?

I can't stand the sight or the sound of Sarah P@lin. But one thing she got right was referring to what we have now (including Faux News) as the "lame stream media".