• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Short of cash?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
More welfare for the wealthy. Eisenhower warned of the dangers of the military industrial complex.

Mayhem

Banned
This is exactly what I've been saying for years. The only warplane we need more of is the A-10.

Mayhem

Banned
It seems somebody does, wannabe. How's your drink? Need freshening?

Actually I'm disappointed. I was expecting a dissertation on how you read an article somewhere about how the A-10 is the worst airplane ever built and the only reason it's around is to screw the poor Europeans out of another defense contract.

I'm still pissed about Cheney and the other Hornet Mafia killing off the Tomcat and the Super Tomcat 21!

And effectively killing off the Era of the Dogfight. Too much reliance on 'fire-and-forget missiles'.

Mayhem

Banned
The Dogfight Era ended when we ran out of people to dogfight against. We don't kill planes in the air anymore. We don't need too.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
It seems somebody does, wannabe. How's your drink? Need freshening?

Actually I'm disappointed. I was expecting a dissertation on how you read an article somewhere about how the A-10 is the worst airplane ever built and the only reason it's around is to screw the poor Europeans out of another defense contract.

I don't. Believe I'm a wannabe if you want, but the truth is I've no desire to risk life and limb for somebody elses bottom line using equipment supplied by the (initially at least) lowest bidder. I'm not drinking.

If that's why you're dissapointed it's because you've judged me without truly knowing me. If you look at my posting history you'll see that I LOVE the A-10. and the F16. And guess what? They share the same designer. Heck, I LOVE the F5 Freedom Fighter too.
But you just believe what you want based on a snap judgement and a shedload of ignorance.

But surely the money fixes them, so they are non-broken ...?
Analogy: Defense contractor = parasite (eg Mosquito). Mosquito always needs more blood on which to feed, just as defense company always needs more cash. Hell, look at the Stryker, known for going through more than one set of tyres a day and illegally serviced by only GDLS employees. Built to break so that the US taxpayer has to pay for repairs. Darkly comic.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Analogy: Defense contractor = parasite (eg Mosquito). Mosquito always needs more blood on which to feed, just as defense company always needs more cash. Hell, look at the Stryker, known for going through more than one set of tyres a day and illegally serviced by only GDLS employees. Built to break so that the US taxpayer has to pay for repairs. Darkly comic.

Yea, I know. My father was a MoD manager for years working on .. well, let's say our desert dwelling brethren are not big fans of his work .. anyhoo, he was constantly appalled by the corruption he witnessed in terms of defense contractors' outrageous billing, made worse by a contracting system that builds in price gouging as standard. Silly little example: if a light bulb blew in his section, rather than getting one of his troops to replace it with a 45p Asda bulb, he was obliged (under order) to call in a defense contractor to change it. The bill for one light bulb? £45.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I think I have a few trillion in loose change under this cushion here.

Mayhem

Banned
I don't. Believe I'm a wannabe if you want, but the truth is I've no desire to risk life and limb for somebody elses bottom line using equipment supplied by the (initially at least) lowest bidder. I'm not drinking.

I call you a wannabe because you make ridiculous claims about military equipment and training, you claim expertise while spouting non-coherence, and yet, you never served a day. The term for that is "wannabe", VV. And it was pretty much invented for guys like you.

I think there's more to you not joining the military than "not wantin' too." But, who cares? Trust me, your country doesn't need you. And, again, I think they told you so.

Keep posting shit you have no knowledge of, I keep calling you "Wannabe". It's as simple as that.

vodkazvictim

I call you a wannabe because you make ridiculous claims about military equipment and training, you claim expertise while spouting non-coherence, and yet, you never served a day. The term for that is "wannabe", VV. And it was pretty much invented for guys like you.

I think there's more to you not joining the military than "not wantin' too." But, who cares? Trust me, your country doesn't need you. And, again, I think they told you so.

Keep posting shit you have no knowledge of, I keep calling you "Wannabe". It's as simple as that.

Ridiculous claims? Example please.
I've never claimed expertise.
Term therefore is not wannabe.

My country needs every fot for the grinder it can get, just like yours.

I don't have to be a soldier to know that defense contractor's are screwing over the taxpayers and the soldiers. All I'm doing is helping spread the knowledge of how. And you critiscise me. Ever heard soldiers moan that civilians don't care? Well I care and you behave like this, which probably goes a long way to explaining the widespread lack of care.

And since you won't mention where you served, why don't you indly shut your trap and go back to the motor-pool? :)

Mayhem

Banned
US Army, 87-95. Operation D esert Storm w/ 1st Armored Division, also was in world-wide deployable communications, ADA (which was a waste of a year), and had a couple plum assignments with MARS.

And you're not worth the effort of going back to your past posts. They weren't worth reading the first time around. And yes, you proclaimed your inestimable knowledge around here plenty of times. You have your own posting history, look it up.

I don't have to be a soldier to know that defense contractor's are screwing over the taxpayers and the soldiers.

Welcome to the world, skippy. Please name me a decade in the last 5000 years when the defense contractors weren't screwing us all over?

All I'm doing is helping spread the knowledge of how.

No, you're muddying the water even further by not having a clue what you're talking about. The sheer tonnage of the things you criticize comes soley from what you've read. None of it comes from any kind of personal experience. And (you need to follow along here) since we have plenty of people who do have operational experience (see where I'm going here?), where the fuck do you get the idea that we need your opinion?

As someone who was there, I can honestly tell you that you don't have the first clue of what works in regard to armor, APC's, rifles, logistics, training and manpower. Why? Because you weren't fuckin' there. You have no first-hand experience. I'm sure everything works out in Lollypop Land. But we don't live in Lollypop Land. You do not have a grasp on this vital concept.

vodkazvictim

US Army, 87-95. Operation D esert Storm w/ 1st Armored Division, also was in world-wide deployable communications, ADA (which was a waste of a year), and had a couple plum assignments with MARS.

And you're not worth the effort of going back to your past posts. They weren't worth reading the first time around. And yes, you proclaimed your inestimable knowledge around here plenty of times. You have your own posting history, look it up.

Welcome to the world, skippy. Please name me a decade in the last 5000 years when the defense contractors weren't screwing us all over?

No, you're muddying the water even further by not having a clue what you're talking about. The sheer tonnage of the things you criticize comes soley from what you've read. None of it comes from any kind of personal experience. And (you need to follow along here) since we have plenty of people who do have operational experience (see where I'm going here?), where the fuck do you get the idea that we need your opinion?

As someone who was there, I can honestly tell you that you don't have the first clue of what works in regard to armor, APC's, rifles, logistics, training and manpower. Why? Because you weren't fuckin' there. You have no first-hand experience. I'm sure everything works out in Lollypop Land. But we don't live in Lollypop Land. You do not have a grasp on this vital concept.
So that's all it took to get the details?
Yeah, I thought about the fact they've been doing it since Ceasar, but considered it so well known that there was no need to raise it.

Anyway, you wanna be a fanboy for all the stupid shit like 72 ton tanks, that's fine, I'm just gonna call you a flogger and ignore everything you say. As an educated and objective man, guess what; my opinion is actually relevant, as opposed to those who spout the brilliance of their vehicle who've never driven anything else.

I fail to see how my opinion can possibly be automatically irrelevant when yours is automatically valid and we BOTH like the A10. paradox much? You don't know half the shit that you think you do, the thing is that I'm ready to acknowledge when I'm ignorant, you're determined to stick to things as they should be and not to learn and THAT is how you end up with disasters.

Get a grasp on this concept; your time is over, flogger.

vodkazvictim

Funny, isn't it, how the OBOGS (On-Board Oxygen Generator System) of the F-22 doesn't seem to work, despite over 20 years of R&D?

That doesn't seem to be an issue in the OBOGS systems used in other fighters, like the Rafale, Gripen, Mig-35, Su-35, J-10, and dozens of others --- to say nothing of PAST aircraft, like the Su-47 Firkin and F-20 Tigershark.

Even funnier is that not long after this was announced...;
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20110921.aspx

...THIS was announced!;
http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/20111025.aspx

And all this, after rust problems..;
http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/Rust-Grounds-the-F-22-Fleet--6-25-2010.asp

...defective stealth materials...;
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...er-to-sue-lockheed-for-stealth-design-329025/

...jammed canopies...;
http://pogoblog.typepad.com/pogo/2006/04/why_is_this_man.html

...stuff coming unglued...;
http://gizmodo.com/373205/f+22-raptor-airframes-falling-apart-due-to-bad-glue

...and unexplained crashes...;
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/18/stealth-crash-in-alaska-pushes-accident-rate-higher/

...all while delivering only 189 of 750 planned aircraft, in a completely different configuration than originally planned, over 10 years behind schedule, out of an aircraft built in the 2000s, refined in the 1990s, planned in the 1980s, and conceived in the 1970s --- as a means to protect America's discos from the Soviet Union.

It was all going so well!