• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Saudi Arabia - As Bad As Iran And Syria.

The US administration is deeply frustrated with Saudi Arabia over its role in Iraq, accusing the Saudis of trying to undermine the Baghdad government and failing to stem the flow of volunteers joining the insurgency there, the New York Times reported on Friday.

The Bush administration has refrained from publicly criticizing its long-time ally over Iraq and has instead blamed Iran and Syria for fomenting violence and sectarian divisions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007072...stdiplomacy;_ylt=AvktgTKPEjbGoYGyPQU3.WYDW7oF

The US administration is deeply frustrated with Saudi Arabia over its role in Iraq, accusing the Saudis of trying to undermine the Baghdad government and failing to stem the flow of volunteers joining the insurgency there, the New York Times reported on Friday.

The Bush administration has refrained from publicly criticizing its long-time ally over Iraq and has instead blamed Iran and Syria for fomenting violence and sectarian divisions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2007072...stdiplomacy;_ylt=AvktgTKPEjbGoYGyPQU3.WYDW7oF

And the Saudis are frustrated with us as the story indicates.While Iraq may be 40% shiite and 20% sunni with the rest being the kurds, most muslims in that area of the world are 80% sunni like the Saudis.Do we really expect them to sit and do nothing while their cousins In Iraq are engaged in life and death struggles.Iraq may end up being a proxy war for sunnis and shiites,but that is up to them.We need to just get out and let what needs to happen happen and then hopefully it will settle down.But it will probably be that one side wins and the other side loses to some degree as opposed to the naive view of Bush that they will just decide they will get along now as equals because thats the way we would like it.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
oh no. not another fucking bullshit excuse to be over there. this is just fucking ridiculous.

Birthplace of Bin Laden's fortune. These were the people that were supposed to like us, (with restrictions), in Gulf War 1.

Birthplace of Bin Laden's fortune. These were the people that were supposed to like us, (with restrictions), in Gulf War 1.

The Saudi Royal Family is in power under our protection in exchange for their being willing to keep the oil flowing at a rate we can maintian world oil supplies.But it is a marriage of convience for both sides and we both have other conflicting interests at the same time.All the Arabs do not want to be overwhelmed by western culture and they all have problems with Israel-Palestine situation.So they like our money and we like their oil but that's pretty much the relationships basis.We think their nuts and weird and they think we are ugly americans who drink coke and read playboy.

There is a big gap in prosperity between the ultra rich and the poor over there. I think there is a lot of resentment among many of them at America for supporting the rich tyrants just so we can have some oil. I would guess that they dislike us more for that than the Israel/Palestinian issue or us being on their land.

The Saudi Royal Family is in power under our protection in exchange for their being willing to keep the oil flowing at a rate we can maintian world oil supplies.But it is a marriage of convience for both sides and we both have other conflicting interests at the same time.All the Arabs do not want to be overwhelmed by western culture and they all have problems with Israel-Palestine situation.So they like our money and we like their oil but that's pretty much the relationships basis.We think their nuts and weird and they think we are ugly americans who drink coke and read playboy.

There is a big gap in prosperity between the ultra rich and the poor over there. I think there is a lot of resentment among many of them at America for supporting the rich tyrants just so we can have some oil. I would guess that they dislike us more for that than the Israel/Palestinian issue or us being on their land.

Gap in prosperity? In Japan corporate heads make 100x the lower rungs in the business. In the US? Tens of thousands of times difference.

They didn't want us to have an air base in S.A. if you recall.

Resentment? How can that be? Maybe they can be convinced to buy bottled tap water from us, it's in short supply over there and is big business here. Someone said it's more than gas per gallon.

Gap in prosperity? In Japan corporate heads make 100x the lower rungs in the business. In the US? Tens of thousands of times difference.

They didn't want us to have an air base in S.A. if you recall.

Resentment? How can that be? Maybe they can be convinced to buy bottled tap water from us, it's in short supply over there and is big business here. Someone said it's more than gas per gallon.

In Japan they have laws that govern how much the difference can be between the CEO and line worker.You would be deported for suggesting that here or at least sent to guantanamo as a terrorist lol.But D-rock has a point our relationship with the Saudis is with the royal family and a few other rich ones and they would not survive without our protection.Saddam wanted to take them out and we prevented that and will protect them from anyone else.So it would be a natural that the poor saudis would think we are to blame for their conditon to some degree.Yeah we shoudl be able to sell anybody just about anything,we need new salespeople who maybe ain't whimps but aren't stupid cowboys looking to kick ass and take names eitheir.

I think the difference is that in a place in Japan and the USA there might be poor, but there is also a middle class and the rich. In Japan most people wouldn't be treated as bad. There isn't a significant portion of the population that are living in huts and struggling to keep from starving. In a place like Saudi Arabia the poor compose almost the entire country. There is probably a lot of resentment of always having to look at people that are that richer then kings around you while your getting treated like 2nd class human beings by them and struggling day to day. It doesn't help that a nation that claims to be the champion of human rights supports the tyrannical elite for their own selfish self interest and empowers the people that rule over them.

Reactions: AFA
I think the difference is that in a place in Japan and the USA there might be poor, but there is also a middle class and the rich. In Japan most people wouldn't be treated as bad. There isn't a significant portion of the population that are living in huts and struggling to keep from starving. In a place like Saudi Arabia the poor compose almost the entire country. There is probably a lot of resentment of always having to look at people that are that richer then kings around you while your getting treated like 2nd class human beings by them and struggling day to day. It doesn't help that a nation that claims to be the champion of human rights supports the tyrannical elite for their own selfish self interest and empowers the people that rule over them.

I have to agree. A good part of the world probably feels that way, and hey, people in the US do too! It was said the Vietname War ended when the draft in the US went to the lottery system, because too many middle and upper class kids would be sent, when before it was the minorities and poor.

I have to agree. A good part of the world probably feels that way, and hey, people in the US do too! It was said the Vietname War ended when the draft in the US went to the lottery system, because too many middle and upper class kids would be sent, when before it was the minorities and poor.

Draft system was throughout the 50s and 60s,remember Elvis was Drafted in 58.Draft system totally favored white middle/upper middle class kids with the deferment system.If you were in college you got a deferment most of the time.Cheney had 5 deferments.But with the escalation of the war from 65 on more were drafted and probably less deferments granted and so more were taken and the protest movement was born.The waiting lists to join eitheir the Coast Guard or The National Guard(who weren't leaving the country) was like 3 yrs. unless like Bush you were the son of a senator who could get you in.

Yes, the lottery was only the last two? years of Vietnam.

Your Father in politics could get you in, and you could show up when convenient.

This looks very good. I never heard of this before, (interesting bit in the Editorial Reviews) http://www.amazon.com/Fortunate-Son-George-American-President/dp/1887128840 ;

Is this the music to go with that thought?

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief",
oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no senator's son,
I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves? oh.
But when the taxman come to the door,
Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes,

I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no.
I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Yeh, some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, how much should we give,
oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh,

I ain't no military son, SON, NO
I ain't no fortunate one, NO NO

I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
I ain't no fortunate son, son son son

Yes, the lottery was only the last two? years of Vietnam.

Your Father in politics could get you in, and you could show up when convenient.

This looks very good. I never heard of this before, (interesting bit in the Editorial Reviews) http://www.amazon.com/Fortunate-Son-George-American-President/dp/1887128840 ;

Is this the music to go with that thought?

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief",
oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

I ain't no senator's son,
I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves? oh.
But when the taxman come to the door,
Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes,

I ain't no millionaire's son, no, no.
I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Yeh, some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, how much should we give,
oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh,

I ain't no military son, SON, NO
I ain't no fortunate one, NO NO

I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
I ain't no fortunate son, son son son

Yeah thats it exactly. I had not seen that book on Bush,but always associated the CCR song "fortunate son" with George when I first heard his vietnam era record.Some of my older brothers friends got caught up in that lottery stuff and got drafted so I knew you got in the Air national Guard like Bush and you were the son of a senator it was pretty save to assume that influence was used lol.

I just found this video of the story of George and vietnam,the draft set to "fortunate son".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woyvGwGNGSo

Yeah thats it exactly. I had not seen that book on Bush,but always associated the CCR song "fortunate son" with George when I first heard his vietnam era record.Some of my older brothers friends got caught up in that lottery stuff and got drafted so I knew you got in the Air national Guard like Bush and you were the son of a senator it was pretty save to assume that influence was used lol.

I just found this video of the story of George and vietnam,the draft set to "fortunate son".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woyvGwGNGSo

I never put it together myself. Roughneck maybe?

Wasn't his Dad's buddy Dan Quayle in that club too? The guy that thinks he's a lot like Jack Kennedy? :dunno:

Last edited:
Saudi Arabia are supposed to be our "friends" in the Middle East, but in one of his books, Michael Moore, references the amount of beheadings that go on there are far more than places like Iraq.

Beheadings are their form of Capital Punishment, I think the number mentioned was 128 in a single year.

Remember, they are our friends, but cross them and it's off-with-their-heads! time.

personally i dont think having a middle eastern ally is a good thing. It all comes down to being muslim. And we cant seem to stay out of people's business.

How naive.... In the middle east, as well as just about any other place on the planet, every country has their little group of government-sponsored lackies that are willing to do their dirty work, and anyone that says differently is hiding something.