• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Sarah Palin 2012 Decision: Former Governor Not Running For President

Mayhem

Banned
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/05/sarah-palin-2012-decision_n_988656.html

Sarah Palin will not run for president in the next election cycle, according to multiple reports.

"After much prayer and serious consideration, I have decided that I will not be seeking the 2012 GOP nomination for president of the United States," said Palin in a statement on her decision." As always, my family comes first and obviously Todd and I put great consideration into family life before making this decision. When we serve, we devote ourselves to God, family and country. My decision maintains this order."

During a radio interview on the "Mark Levin Show" after the news broke, Palin was asked if she's considering running for president as an independent candidate. In response to the question she said, "I would assume that a third party would just guarantee Obama's reelection, and that's the last thing the Republican party can afford. So the consideration for a third party is not there, no."

News of Palin's decision comes after months of speculation swirling around Palin's political ambitions. The former governor made headlines by embarking on a bus tour of the eastern United States in May. More recently, she captured attention with an appearance in Iowa that coincided with the Ames Straw Poll -- a table-setter for next year's Iowa caucuses.

"My decision is based upon a review of what common sense conservatives and independents have accomplished, especially over the last year," Palin explained. "I believe that at this time I can be more effective in a decisive role to help elect other true public servants to office -- from the nation’s governors to congressional seats and the presidency."

The former governor added, "Know that by working together we can bring this country back -- and as I’ve always said, one doesn’t need a title to help do it." On the "Mark Levin Show" she elaborated, "Not being a candidate really you're unshackled and you're allowed to be even more active."

Damn, I was really looking forward to her quitting after 2 years.

Good news she's not running for president, really.

Bad news she won't run as an independent. That really would have split the Republican vote.

a real shame ; i really wanted her to run . and if she won't run this time then i suspect - never. a shame. I've always liked her :o :D

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
This still does not rule out her running as a VP, right? Because that would be another disaster so much fun to watch.

This still does not rule out her running as a VP, right? Because that would be another disaster so much fun to watch.

v true -- but i don't think she will. was the crown she was after .

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
v true -- but i don't think she will. was the crown she was after .

Absolutely! Too bad you guys got rid of royalty and lesser gentry. Here in Europe, we have some seriously entertaing guys, some seem so degenerated because of centuries of interbreeding, it's great.

They still the taxpayer a little, but they are really worth it, in my opinion

Right now, one of the shinier stars of them is moving to the USA

Karl Theodor Maria Nikolaus Johann Jacob Philipp Franz Joseph Sylvester Freiherr von und zu Guttenberg, born in '71

Kind of the pop star of gentry / politics, fallen recently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl-Theodor_zu_Guttenberg

Maybe they can connect, Sadly he is already married, of course to a beautiful blonde descendent of former Reichs-Chancellor Otto von Bismarck

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Good news is she's not running. Bad news is we've still got Bachmann.

Bad news she won't run as an independent. That really would have split the Republican vote.

So what you're saying here is that the only way Oblahblahblahblahbla can be reelected is by spliting the majority vote so he can be reelected by a plurality, not a majority because he has no chance of winning going on a one-to-one race? I thought the guy was completely loved by everyone and he was doing everything so perfectly that he deserved to be reelected.

But don't worry, I have a bad feeling, and I REALLY hope I'm wrong, that Trump might decide to run as an independent as a pseudo-conservative just to split the Republican vote as he has said he would consider running as an independent if the Republicans don't choose the right candidate... and he hasn't said who he would consider to be the right candidate, or at least I don't know if he's supporting anyone at this time. And even if Trump isn't that popular, just taking at least 5% of the vote from the Republicans might be enough to get O-face reelected.

Plus then you got the Republican establishment (those people who really make me go :brick:), who I really believe will find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Good news is she's not running. Bad news is we've still got Bachmann.

WE, Kemosabe? I thought you were in Amsterdam... or :cthulhu: R'lyeh. :D

Either way, I really think that in open primaries libs should go vote for Bachman just to make her the Republican candidate (and I really dare them, DOUBLE dare them to do it), after all, if she's so unelectable, O-face can just crush her in the general election, right?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
a real shame ; i really wanted her to run . and if she won't run this time then i suspect - never. a shame. I've always liked her :o :D

You wanted her to run for the same reason I want Michele Bachmann to stay in: hoping that her dress would blow up while standing on a podium. Admit it! Come on, admit it! :nanner:

And with both of them, there is the HUGE comedy element.

P.S. What happens to all that money that the rubes and hayseeds gave her? Does she get to keep all that? Man, I tell ya... what a beautiful scam.

Mayhem

Banned
So what you're saying here is that the only way Oblahblahblahblahbla can be reelected is by spliting the majority vote so he can be reelected by a plurality, not a majority because he has no chance of winning going on a one-to-one race? I thought the guy was completely loved by everyone and he was doing everything so perfectly that he deserved to be reelected.

Where have you gotten that impression from? I know it's not coming from around here. Even those of us who will, in fact, vote for him have had ongoing issues with him. And these have been clearly posted.

In terms of Palin, she is a contemptible wench. She wants to be in a position to complain about issues while involving herself in none of them. Why be part of the process when you can just grab a microphone and whine about them?

I love how she thinks she can help conservative governors and candidates get (re-)elected, after she couldn't keep herself in office in one of the easiest states in the Union. Hopefully this gets pointed out time and time and time again.

Facetious

Moderated
Re: Sarah Palin 2012 Decision: Former Governor Not Running For President

Good, maybe she'll move to the people's republic of Calif. and run for office in some capacity, we really need to purge the disproportionate number of entitlement minded politicians in this state.
I'm gettin fed up with the state of affairs here, the more money the politicians spend, the more we end up in decline... they know exactly what they're doing... the more people hooked on welfare, the more control the politicians can wield against We The People.