• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ryan Reynolds To Take Over As Batman

Please let this be some very bad rumor...

I can think of a lot worse actors than [NOBABE]Ryan Reynolds[/NOBABE] but come on. This trilogy was perfect! DON'T RUIN IT WB!!!!

I do like Duncan Jones though, Moon was an incredible movie. I just don't know if he'd be suited for a director's role since he has so few movies under his belt

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't he the fucking douche nozzle that fucked up Green Lantern?

The Green Lantern stuff brings up another good point. Would this mean that the possibility of a DC movie crossover like the Avengers did within the Marvel universe is pretty much dead? You can't have the same actor playing both characters, and even bringing in somebody else for one of them would just seem kind of stupid for any crossover done remotely near in the future.

I really have no issue with Reynolds as an actor, but the guy just isn't GL or Batman. He's Wally West version of the Flash.

I really have no issue with Reynolds as an actor, but the guy just isn't GL or Batman. He's Wally West version of the Flash.

he could play robin pretty well i think...:1orglaugh

seriously though, i think he could play robin pretty well

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
I love Rya n Reynolds as a comedic actor but he can't play Batman, just no. :facepalm:

2 things.

ryan reynolds has been "attached" to so many superhero roles i lost count. that doesnt mean this will happen. dc didnt go for the female dollar when it came to the nolan trilogy, and it paid off. dc doesnt have much going for it as far as movies are going.

and second, there will never, ever be a jla movie.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
I think "reboot" is turning into my least favourite word in the english language.

See when people say that, I assume they only watched the JL cartoon, which made Wally into a cross between Hal Jordan and Plastic Man. Ryan Reynolds was made to play Hal Jordan (who is a wise-cracking, cocky, steal your girlfriend type of character). Wally West is not a goof like that in the comics. He would be more described as generally friendly. Not dark like Batman, not as sensible as Superman or reckless like GL (Hal Jordan). I can remember one time when either Superman or Batman said to Wally West and Kyle Rayner "When you guys are alone you are so sensible, put you together and it's like a couple of kids." Because that's how Wally and Kyle are when they get together, good friends like Ted Kord and Michael Jon Carter.

Anyway, Ryan Reynolds is my favorite actor, especially when given serious roles (The Amityville Horror and Buried for example), and Batman is my favorite character. However, being that these two are my favorites in those categories, I would not want to see Reynolds play Batman. I would love to see him resume his role as Hal Jordan though, with a solid script and new director. If Mark Strong would have had more screen time as Sinestro in GL it would have been a lot better.

Also, I never read the original posted article since I follow this stuff and know it's not even credible enough to be considered a rumour.