• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Russia. Georgia. War or farce?

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
So what're your thoughts, gentlemen and angrywomen?

The focus of the world shifts to China and Georgia tries to assert itself against Russia and become completely independent?

Russia.. did it attack it's vassal country and say fuck you, get back in the empire?

Too early to tell? Who knows

Well Georgia has been independent. It's just the Russians have never been happy about it. There are secessionist movements in Georgia that want to take a couple of areas and move them back to Russia ... and the Georgian government doesn't want that.

So the Russians have come in to help the secessionists it appears. It looks to me like Georgia will now have it's own "War of 1812". I doubt the US will get involved BUT ... I do fear this will be only the first act of provocation by the Russians.

Facetious

Moderated
So what're your thoughts, gentlemen and angrywomen?

I wouldn't wanna be a resident of Taiwan at this time. Time has expired would you agree ?

Why do the world's maniacs always use the Olympics to springboard their ill will ?

Dammit ! :beer:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili has declared the country is officially in a state of war.

Guess we know the answer to this thread now....:(

Well Georgia has been independent. It's just the Russians have never been happy about it. There are secessionist movements in Georgia that want to take a couple of areas and move them back to Russia ... and the Georgian government doesn't want that.

So the Russians have come in to help the secessionists it appears. It looks to me like Georgia will now have it's own "War of 1812". I doubt the US will get involved BUT ... I do fear this will be only the first act of provocation by the Russians.

I agree with you. Some parts of Georgia wants to be with the Russian Federation again and Georgia says that those areas belongs to them.
I think that this will make only losers, not winners. And the US shouldn't get involved in it. If they do, then there is a chance that America and Russia are going back to the days of the Cold War.

I doubt the US will get involved BUT ... I do fear this will be only the first act of provocation by the Russians.

The U.S. has backed Georgia's entry into NATO pretty strongly, and quite a bit of their military tech was purchased from us. We may not outright send troops, but the U.S. is already "involved."

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think the Russians are starting to feel a bit inferior to the growth of
NATO.Now as Georgia are trying toget in there as well - they won't
like that one bit so maybe this is an excuse to have a pop back :cool:

The news is that Russia tried to bomb the (whatever its called) pipeline and missed so this must be an oil issue.

The Russian went for an all out war with troops invading Georgia from the southern breakaway provinces. Now the Russian troops, tanks, fighter jets are attacking Georgia from the North and the south from the Black Sea !

Regional conflict !? Hell No

dick van cock

Closed Account
The Russian went for an all out war with troops invading Georgia from the southern breakaway provinces. Now the Russian troops, tanks, fighter jets are attacking Georgia from the North and the south from the Black Sea !

Regional conflict !? Hell No
Excuse the inappropriate comparison:

Iraq invaded Kuwait in August, 1990...

Southern Ossetia may be predominantly Russian on the ethnic level ... nonetheless, it's an integral part of Georgia.

Kosovo has opened the box of Pandora!

... which has been part of US foreign policy...

There is more at stake than Vladikavkaz...

Bye, bye, international law! :wave2:

Get Ready, Nagornyi Karabakh, Xinjiang, Tibet and Trans-Nistria ... I can't think of a pun on separatism right now - it's fun, nonetheless! :nanner:

{huh?}

While I don't think any conflict like this is a farce, I am kind of pissed off. My country invades a country with a known dictator, thumbing his nose at 16 UN sanctions (for over a decade), who has weapons-grade Uranium (no? Check this out- http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080706/D91O8E100.html ), has been responsible for invading a neighboring country, attacking others (Israel, Saudi Arabia), amongst other things like genocide.

Now... why hasn't anyone thrown a fit about this? Russia basically just decided tanks and planes were the way to go, and have attacked Georgia because of this "breakaway republic" thing. Where's all the outrage?

Impeach Putin! Whoops he's not president. Errr... well, maybe he kinda is, it's hard to say.

I hope this ends quickly.

We don't know what's going on here. There is a muslim extremist angle to the "Chechnya" situation. If there are separatist movements in Georgia..it is strange that Mother Russia would back them, if these movements have an extreme muslim angle to them.

The U.S. can send out a public outrage notice but that's as far as our intervention needs to go. We have no need to interfere in the regional squabble.

Im thinking the US should start selling some weapons to both sides. It would respark our economy :rolleyes:

My only real concern is if Pres Bush will be able to assign a no-bid contract to Halliburton for the reconstruction of Georgia. My Halliburton stock options will soar and I'll be able to blow cigar smoke and ashes in the face of my enemies....

Profits! Profits! Profits!

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Im thinking the US should start selling some weapons to both sides. It would respark our economy :rolleyes:

That gets a rep. Smartest thing I've heard all day.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member

It's cheaper to buy russian knockoff AK's and israeli small arms. Plus we're sorta late to the party.. you wanna send Nick Cage in to negotiate in the middle of a warzone? By the time the guns reach there, the war will be..

Ahem, okay that's a great idea so long as they PRE PAY. ;)

~~~~~

HEY WTF IS Georgia Adair's website doing at the top of the thread?! lmao

:2offtopic

Why is there a header at the top of the page that links to Georgia Adair's site? Is she involved in the fighting? :confused:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
:2offtopic

Why is there a header at the top of the page that links to Georgia Adair's site? Is she involved in the fighting? :confused:

To help our comrades over in the fight.. I offer them these similiar-sounding yet inappropriate things:

SWEET GEORGIA PEACHES!

man.. I've got GEORGIA ON MY MIND!

In case you need cotton undies like me and gunslingingdude were talking about in the other topic.. HERE YA GO!

Fuck the war, let's watch some Georgia Basketball!

And finally.. learn something about Georgia. ;) The real one.

It's cheaper to buy russian knockoff AK's and israeli small arms. Plus we're sorta late to the party.. you wanna send Nick Cage in to negotiate in the middle of a warzone? By the time the guns reach there, the war will be..

To be honest I would rather have the AKs.