• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rock band

I just recently started playing this game and it is a blast. I was wondering who else on here loves this game and what your favorite instrument is.

I love the drums but can only play on medium right now. I still can not finish that one outlaws song on the drums though :(, I guess I will need more practice.

I play Expert Guitar mostly, I can 5 star all but like 6 songs including all of the DLC.

I am pretty good at expert bass, some songs are a lot more fun on bass than guitar.

I have recently started doing expert vocals, I can pass almost any song on expert, but some are confusing as hell (you have to sing different pitch than you hear).

I do not have drums, but would like to try them someday.

I applaud you on the guitar, I can only do that medium too. My one friend came over and played on expert and I almost got dizzy, lol.

You should get the drums, they are awesome.

I can play the Bass on hard most of the time, but that is kinda easy since it is usually the same notes in repetition.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Yea cartman is fuckin nuts on the guitar. I play expert guitar/bass as well, but no where near as good as him! This is for you buddy :thefinger

Drums I can barely do medium and I don't sing at all.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I suck at all of those games. I don't know if it's because I'm always drunk when I play them, or if it's because I genuinely suck. Actually, it's probably a good mix of both of those reasons.

Legzman

I suck at all of those games. I don't know if it's because I'm always drunk when I play them, or if it's because I genuinely suck. Actually, it's probably a good mix of both of those reasons.

My skill level is directly related to how much I drink. Sober, I can hold my own against most people. As I begin drinking I get steadily worse. But at the same time seem to think I'm getting better and start jumping around and making an ass of myself more!

I Play Guitar and bass on hard and drums on medium no singing for me lol

One of my fav songs to play is Down with the Sickness by Disturbed I think its great they put it on the game and fun as hell to play

Its funny, the more I play Rock Band 2, the more I hate the Guitar Hero series. I used to be the other way around, but it just seems like Harmonix cares about its fans a lot more than Activision and really listens to what they want. I tried to go back to Guitar Hero III yesterday and couldn't do it, something about the rectangle notes seems better to me.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
My skill level is directly related to how much I drink. Sober, I can hold my own against most people. As I begin drinking I get steadily worse. But at the same time seem to think I'm getting better and start jumping around and making an ass of myself more!

Alcohol and video games are a strange, yet interesting, combination. If I have "just a few" drinks, I seem to get better at video games, whether it be Madden, Guitar Hero or Smackdown vs. Raw. Now, once I get to my post-buzzed state, I begin to become terribly awful and embarassing. SIGH, but damn it's fun.

The 1/20 DLC was announced last night:
Steve Miller Band “Space Cowboy”
Steve Miller Band “Take the Money and Run”
Steve Miller Band “The Joker”
Godsmack “I Stand Alone”
Belly “Feed the Tree”
Ghost Hounds “Wind Me Up”
Mute Math “Typical”
Rob Zombie “War Zone”

I may pick up the Rob Zombie song, I'll have to listen to the others before deciding.

Legzman

Godsmack “I Stand Alone”

Its about fuckin time! I've been wanting godsmack as bad as Pantera for this game! I would have rather they picked "Whatever" But "I Stand Alone is a great song and one I might just have to pick up the mic for!!! :nanner:

Legzman

I just started playing a couple weeks ago too. I used to play the drums back in the day and I definitely have to say, that the drums are about the only relatively realistic thing on that game.

You might actually learn how to play them a bit from rock band. Unlike the guitar or bass.

True, but the guitar/bass is lots of fun. Also the only parts I'm any good at.

I love drums and can play them pretty good on medium. I played about 4 or 5 songs on hard but got pretty crappy scores so I went back to medium and am playing all the harder songs trying to up to hard.

I can play a little bass on hard but I am pretty sad at the guitar, my one buddy comes over and thrashes the notes on expert and it makes me a little sad, :(.

But it is all good because this game is fun as hell all the way around.

Legzman

But it is all good because this game is fun as hell all the way around.

yea it is. The thing I like about rockband is now there are people who are ridiculous at the drums, guitar and even a few who can kill it on vocals. I suck at drums and vocals but can do most songs on expert. I've seen people who can sing on expert and watched someone play expert drums and hit 99% on Battery. I was like :eek:

All depends on what part you like to play and what part you have the most practice playing. I've been shredding the fake axe since GH1 so I have a hard time switching to something else.

I try to switch back and fourth so that I am ok at all of them. The guitar and Bass are pretty much the same, so I usually only play the guitar.

The drums are my favorite because they are only on Rock Band (Untill World Tour) and that makes them more exciting and new.

Vocals are cool but I have a crappy singing voice so I only do it when I am playing solo, lol.

But I think this is one of the best games to play with a couple friends, it is nice to work together instead of trying to blow each other up.

I play guitar on expert, bass on hard,drums I play on easy cause I cant get my retarded foot to play any faster, and my wife sings on expert

1/27 DLC just announced:
Grateful Dead Pack 02
Hell In a Bucket
Don't Ease Me In
Cold Rain & Snow
Doin' That Rag
Fire On the Mountain
Uncle John's Band

In other news:
I am not Ranked 12 in the world on Laid to Rest bass and 20 on Constant Motion bass :D

Dude, I really like rock band but I cant decide on drums or guitar, Drums are a challenge on expert, but playing guitar gives you a better experience.

I guess I am going to have to say that I am just a casual rock band player, because I can only play medium on everything. I can play a lot of the easier songs on hard with the drums and Bass, but that is about it.

Also thanks for all the DLC updates.