• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Robin Williams

Which do you prefer?

• His comedies.

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • His dramas.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I dislike all of his movies.

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you prefer his comedy stuff, whether it's standup or movies? Or do you prefer his serious, more dramatic efforts?

He kicked ass in Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come, but his crap comedy and over used voices/impressions he alllllllllllways uses leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I'll always think of him as a comedian first, but he did some good dramatic roles as well.

I actually haven't seen any of his stuff for a while and although I generally like him, his zany type of humour can get old fast.

robot_r0ck

I plead the 5th...
His Stand-Up / Comedy - NO! NO! NO!

His films / serious stuff - Not really. (He's not terrible at the serious acting/films he's done though.)

Overall I'm not a big fan of the guy.

I prefer his comedies but over that I prefer his comedic personality in real life interviews and stand up, he is usually much more uncensored in those.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
ive never seen that dbag in a serious movie. i mean, he's kinda funny, but he's a little hyper for me.

speaking of dbags in weird styles, i can never look at (whatthefuckshisname...) robert de niro the same again after he did those so-called "funny" movies. im sorry, but he's not funny. and now he's ruined his tough guy image for me.

Mayhem

Banned
What Dreams May Come is one of the Top 10 movies ever made, in my opinion. I don't think I blinked once, the first time I saw it.

What Dreams May Come is one of the Top 10 movies ever made, in my opinion. I don't think I blinked once, the first time I saw it.

That's the movie that made me start this thread. Great, great movie.

He was awesome in Good Will Hunting too. Really good. Squallumz, I strongly suggest you check out these two movies.

Well, I think he was best in Good Morning, Viet Nam. Wasn't really a comedy or a drama. Same could be said for Fisher King. Both excellent roles, hard to categorize.

The guy does have talent, but he has done an awful lot of crap, too.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
The guy has done some excellent work and gets blasted for his sometimes inane appearances on talk shows. His comedy is brilliant. "Sleepers" was another good role. I'll take Williams over Tom Hanks or any other "top actor" any day.

It is good that he became a celebrity and multi-millionaire because there is something seriously wrong with him I believe.

I think he is funny and enjoy his stuff for the most part. I agree...definitely done some crap.
Furry dude.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Dead Poets Society was a great film. I wish he wouldn't do his John Wayne voice every time he's on camera, though.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Hook and Jumanji were pretty good.

I can tolerate him when he's serious and to a certain degree when he wants to be humorous. Sometimes when he does an interview he tends to go off on those wild tangents where he wants to demonstrate his sketch comedy and he does this every 30 seconds. I can see how his mania can be pretty annoying.

I loved Good Will Hunting, he was amazing in it and it was such a good movie. I also quite liked him in Dead Poets Society.

Having said that though. I also loved him in Mrs. Doubtfire. That came out just as i was a kid so it was so funny when i saw it. It was on tv recently and i sat down to watch it. I still found it funny even after all this time.

I think the majority of his better roles came before 2000. Post 2000 i can't think of any good roles he has played

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
He's a brilliant comedic talent in the mold of Jonathan Winters....one of the greatest ever. However, his true genius wasn't totally displayed until he showed his versatility by segueing into some of his outstanding dramatic roles, many of which have already been mentioned. Two that haven't that really left an impression on me were Insomnia and One Hour Photo.

Well, I think he was best in Good Morning, Viet Nam. Wasn't really a comedy or a drama. Same could be said for Fisher King. Both excellent roles, hard to categorize.

Bingo. Same with Dead Poet Society and Patch Adams. His best movies are when he's given the freedom to provide comic relief to an otherwise dramatic role. When he's told to be completely serious it comes off as forced. And when he's told to be completely funny it can become irritating (although movies like Mrs Doubtfire and Alladin are still great comedies, in my book). But the mixture of the two is his sweet spot.