• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Resident Evil 6

Those few of you who bought Dragon's Dogma were finally able to download the RE6 playable demo today and I have done so. It was... alright.

It's divided into three sections:

Leon
Chris
Jake

Leon's was the most fun as it is what I've wanted the RE franchise to do for some time which is go back to a scary, survival horror game with zombies. The atmosphere in the demo set that very well (sometimes a little too dark to see though)

Chris is definitely for the people who loved RE5 and the action turn the series took

Jake's part is just annoyingly frustrating. The controls and camera angle for his section suck balls

I'm not too sure on it yet. There's supposed to be another more up-to-date demo coming out on Sept. 18th so I'll give that a try. But so far, after this demo, I might be waiting until RE6 is in a sale bin to pick it up.

Die-hard RE fan since day 1
im not getting this game-
i have lost my faith in the RE franchise after that #5 mess

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Stolen?

Die-hard RE fan since day 1
im not getting this game-
i have lost my faith in the RE franchise after that #5 mess

I don't understand all the 5 hatred. Might not have been as frightening as past titles, but is was a great game IMO.

I don't understand all the 5 hatred. Might not have been as frightening as past titles, but is was a great game IMO.

It wasn't terrible but it just wasn't a Resident Evil game. I want to be frightened to continue in my RE game. They've been able to do that in practically every title and even in RE4 (though to a lesser extent) but RE5 seemed like a Gears of War clone to me.

I never really played any of them before RE4 (because it was the first to come to nintendo) and it's easily on of my top 3 or 4 games ever. 5 seemed a little more bland to me, setting-wise, but I still loved it and played through it 5 or 6 times (co-op was awesome).

And take it from someone who plays a shitload of Gears of War... RE5 was no GoW clone. Although Gears lead designer Cliff Blezinski has states that RE4 was a huge influence/inspiration for the GoW franchise. So maybe it's the other way around. :dunno:

L3ggy

You really need to play RE1, 2, 3 and Code:Veronica.

You really need to play RE1, 2, 3 and Code:Veronica.

oh yeah he does!!! i think he would come on here after playing RE1 and say "WOW that game was awesome" (except for the voice acting-that RE always gets shit on for)

L3ggy

So bad that it's good.

oh yeah he does!!! i think he would come on here after playing RE1 and say "WOW that game was awesome" (except for the voice acting-that RE always gets shit on for)

why did it automatically add a link into my post? for voice acting? WTF? my original post now makes no sense!

why did it automatically add a link into my post? for voice acting? WTF? my original post now makes no sense!

Because freeones thought you were referring to some woman in the babes section (who's name happens to be aka "The Voice"). So when you typed in "the voice", it automatically linked to her. When you make a post, You Might notice that icon that looks like an orange box with a line through it. That's the "No Babe" tags. If you wrap them around a girls name, it won't link to her. For instance:

Alexis Texas - Without the tags
[NOBABE]Alexis Texas[/NOBABE] - With the tags

This is a dumb one though, because you didn't even use a girl's name.

It was part of the scare.

Meh, I'll take coherent control mechanics over a weak scare factor any day.

L3ggy

Or you could just add an extra space between the words.