• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Religion, Science, Aliens, Chickens, and etc

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
'' Is God ''man'' though ?

Yes. :hatsoff:

So he created himself, cool!
But you admit there was something before then, called Chaos which was turned into order.
& your definition of Atheism shows the issue with religions basic idea, they think there has to be a reason. Religion is a way of defining that reason. I am quite comfortable with the idea of there being no reason for anything, its just a bunch of stuff that happens

No, God has always been and always will be.

Reread my comment...

Order out of chaos is not possible.

Freemason! :ban: ordo ab chao / order out of chaos

Facetious

Moderated
As infinite as our universe is, I find it amazing that in an elevation as few as 5 miles (8km approx) up from sea level, life as we know it on earth is not possible, 5 measly miles !
That's only 10 Burj Towers stacked atop one another !

jus thinkin :dunno:

☼LEGIT☼
You're trolling aren't you?

It's a tough time for the trolls here. :(

If so, good work - we all got sucked in. :hatsoff:

Well, you were right actually. Big bang theory is somewhat different. Different scientists believe different things before the big bang theory took place. Some believe it was just made up of particles before the big bang occured, so you were right. My idea was a belief of what some scientists thought was here before the big bang.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Is this Earth the first one he made, or were there others that didn't work out?
I think he´s starting to have second thoughts about this one as well when he see what kind of retarded bullshit people like Will is spreading in his name.

Steven Hawking and Saint Augustine seem to agree.
"As we shall see, the concept of time has no meaning before the beginning of the universe. This was first pointed out by St. Augustine. When asked: What did God do before he created the universe? Augustine didn't reply: He was preparing Hell for people who asked such questions. Instead, he said that time was a property of the universe that God created, and that time did not exist before the beginning of the universe. [Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time (New York: Bantam, 1988), p. 8]

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
How does something start from nothing? Am I insane for not understanding that the fact that something had to start from absolutely nothing? No matter what your views are you got to wonder what even happened before the big bang, god, aliens, or the old "chicken or egg" question?
[...]
Science says something can't start from nothing. Is science flawed if this is true?

The answer to the question, "Why does existence exist?" might be something that in it's essence is so unfathomable that the human mind will never be able to grasp it, and that's from both religious and scientific perspectives.
This is it in a nutshell, in my opinion. I'm glad I'm not the first to mention Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time - I highly recommend giving it a read for questions like this. No, it certainly doesn't answer this - in fact, I'd say it opens up the possibilities for an answer. But the extra possibilities make some sort of sense.

We think of time as going forward and backward toward infinity. What if it has a finite starting and stopping point? I.e., if the big bang simply was the beginning of time (and then you get to thinking, well, why did time begin? "Why" is of course a human question implying motive, so the better question is "how"...but even that's hard if not impossible to imagine an answer to!)? What about circular time? None of these are particularly graspable in any pragmatic terms by the human mind, but that doesn't mean they're impossible.

No, God has always been and always will be.
The universe is infinite. Period. It always was there. It always will be there.

As for the idea that God created everything, well then what created God?
Here's me putting out that argument in a failed attempt at real debate (I say failed because the real debate never turned up).

Steven Hawking and Saint Augustine seem to agree.
Props for beating me to the reference! :thumbsup:

I would say yes. I've never liked him.

Oh, and.....:sleep:

You're smarter than Steven Hawkings?

Awesome. Please show us the list of influential books you've published. Let us know how you've impacted any major discipline. Show us the positive impact you've had on any person outside of yourself. I'll be the first to sing your praises.

:popcorn:

(and by the way, :sleep: really only makes sense if you ignore the entire post, and don't respond at all. I'd encourage you to try that. Not responding at all, I mean.)