• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rank these German heavy metal bands

Scorpions
Although they went a bit candy and commercial in their latter albums, there is no denying that they are the face of German heavy metal. Any band that can stake claim to Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth as guitarists should take the top spot

Rammstein- More industrial metal than anything , still these motherfuckers kick ass

Accept- My personal favorite of all the German metal bands, probably the greatest guitar riffs of all those listed

Helloween- Jawohl bitches!

Running Wild- German Judas Priest

Kreator- Underrated band. Germany's Anthrax/Metallica hybrid

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Scorps
Accept
Helloween
Kreator
Running Wild

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The Scorpions are from Hannover - The Hockey team of their hometown evebn got named after them. Nice touch ;)

On the whole, I am not into Metal music, so I don't have an opinion, I am more into classic rock or hard rock. So I would go with the Scorpions, I guess. Rest... doesn't matter to me.

Here is a song from The Sweet, as covered in an early stadium of the Scorpions career, in German

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Scorpions
Although they went a bit candy and commercial in their latter albums, there is no denying that they are the face of German heavy metal. Any band that can stake claim to Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth as guitarists should take the top spot

Rammstein- More industrial metal than anything , still these motherfuckers kick ass

Accept- My personal favorite of all the German metal bands, probably the greatest guitar riffs of all those listed

Helloween- Jawohl bitches!

Running Wild- German Judas Priest

Kreator- Underrated band. Germany's Anthrax/Metallica hybrid

Scorpions
Kreator
Rammstein
Helloween
Running Wild

I would have ranked Sodom between Kreator and Rammstein and Destruction would go between Rammstein and Helloween.

I can't watch the Midnight Mover video. I'd get less nauseous riding with the Blue Angels . Kick ass tune though.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Another great classic, a german version of "Paranoid"... from the famous german Schlager Duo Cindy & Bert

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I don't know if it's because I'm American or that I grew up listening to Metal in LA but there has always been some sorta mental barrier keeping me from getting into European Power Metal. Maybe it sounds too positive or lacks something in the gonad region. I do acknowledge that Blind Guardian is very good though. I wish I could get more into them.