• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

R.E.M. calls it quits

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I like REM, but not everything theyve done.
My personal Fav was Fables of the Reconstruction - 1985, and earlier.
After that they kinda commercialized but still put out some good stuff.
And they were influential, no doubt.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Me thinks Michael Stipe patted the wrong fella on the fanny and was given a receipt. Game over and no more preachy music. It's Morning In America again.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
That is not what I meant. I will still say they are overrated.

Well then please explain what other possible meaning could be interpreted as represented by a pile of shit, Willie. What exactly was that pile of shit supposed to refer to if "that is not what I meant" as you claim?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard about this today, I wasn't really that surprised. They've said they weren't going to go on tour to support the new album (which is a great effort by the way...), and that for me was a warning for what was about to happen.
I liked their music a lot. It followed me throughout my childhood and adolescence, and I'm really bummed that I've never been to one of their shows, but I can't say that I'm devastated. Their heyday was years ago and whatever they were to release nowadays, it wasn't going to live up to what they've done before, even if it was great.
They should be proud of what they've accomplished and making their mark on a generation of young people.

sid-sexy

Banned
REM was good.... but somewhat overrated in my book. Seem like cool guys though, I appreciate their attitudes.

Listen to Oasis.....It's a crime THEY broke up!:crying:

Oh, those posers. I put them in the same category as the Smashing Pumpkins. I used to love both bands, until I worked for them and had to deal with them. Bunch of spoiled prima donnas all of them are. I like their music, but I can't stand them.
they made their mark.

So did my dog, on the carpet. :D

Patrick_S

persona non grata
I can´t say that i have listened to anything they´ve done in the last fifteen years or so, but Automatic For The People is a great album and Find The River is one of the best songs of the 90´s.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I didn't know they were still around, they'll be back, and you will too! (Pointing to all of you reading my post)

I thought they'd broken up, like, 10 years ago. They had a few good songs. Meh, whatever.
:D
On the radio the DJ read out an email which said, hearing about REM breaking up is like hearing about someone famous dying who you thought had died years ago!

If your band isn't really doing anything - is it really together anymore?
they sort of reminded me of Milton Waddams from Office Space, sort of got fired but kept showing up for work anyway and no one noticed they were there.

If your band isn't really doing anything - is it really together anymore?

Yes. You're still invading the drummer's parents' garage for "band practice" on Monday evenings.