• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Protester sing "Kill a cop" during march

Oops, sorry, the title is actually Fox's version of the story. The truth is quite different...

Fox Affiliate Edits Protest Chant to Sound Like ‘Kill a Cop’

Three times over the last 24 hours, Baltimore Fox affiliate WBFF has played a misleadingly edited clip from last week’s National “Justice for All” March in Washington, D.C. to make it sound like protesters were calling on people to “kill a cop.”

“At this rally in Washington, D.C. participants chanted, ‘We won’t stop, we can’t stop, so kill a cop,’” WBFF’s Melinda Roeder said during a Sunday night report about the murder of two police officers in New York City, before playing a truncated version of a protest video from C-SPAN. “The anti-police sentiment reached a turning point this weekend in New York when two officers were gunned down in cold blood.”

the source of the clip was a YouTube video posted last week with the title, “Sharpton’s ‘Go Kill A Cop’ march in Wash DC.” But when you watch past the point where WBFF cut off, you can hear the full chant had a different message:

We won’t stop.
We can’t stop.
‘Til killer cops.
Are in cell blocks.

Rather than calling for the murder of police officers, the protesters were simply calling for justice in the killings of Michael Brown, Eric Garner and others. But that message was either overlooked by the Baltimore station or deliberately obscured.

And it was not a mistake that was caught after the initial airing Sunday night. Twice Monday morning, the station played the same bit of edited tape, tying it to the police murders in New York.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-affiliate-edits-protest-chant-to-sound-like-kill-a-cop/

These guys would do anything to convince people that blacks are evil, anything

It was a Fox affiliate, not the main network and it still doesn't change this

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.

And your intention is to put halos on hoodlums. You'll look for any avenue no matter how ignorant or shameless. You insist on meddling in affairs in a disrespectful manner that do not effect you a bit. You're more concerned with sniping from a safe distance than helping out anyone.

Worry about Marine Le Pen shoving a plunger up your frightened ass soon.

ArthurTurner

God Bless Christian Louboutin
Oops, sorry, the title is actually Fox's version of the story. The truth is quite different...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-affiliate-edits-protest-chant-to-sound-like-kill-a-cop/

You must understand a few things about TV news and the 24-hour news cycle today:

- The people doing the news today simply aren't as well trained and thoughtful as their predecessors. The reporters doing the news today are often in over their heads; they're not smart enough or savvy enough as journalists to interpret a situation and give viewers the full picture of a story. I'm old enough to remember when CBS News was the absolute gold standard in broadcast news. NBC and ABC also had terrific journalists. Today it's as much about entertainment and ratings as it is about disseminating news.

- The 24-hour news cycle, which developed after Fox News and MSNBC came along to compete with CNN, has not made this a fight for who can best do the news, but who can get out the most compelling story first. The consequence of that is that corners are cut and and inaccurate stories are produced. The aim is to be first and draw in the most viewers.

Example, when Rep. Gabby Giffords was shot a couple of years ago, CNN and Fox pretty much declared her dead. MSNBC held off and reached the doctor who was treating her, who confirmed she was still alive. Had CNN and Fox made the extra few phone calls, they would have had an accurate account. But for some they chose not to. And both paid for it.

- Fox News has the least competent staff of all the cable networks, but they're the best at stirring up misplaced outrage. CNN and MSNBC have better journalists but have chosen to follow Fox's lead, which is unfortunate. It's no longer about the news or what's right. It's about ratings and advertising. The result is constant noise coming from all three cable networks; the dissonance of the messages is maddening.

Without getting specific, I can tell you that I spent a lot of years at a TV news network -- in production. The quality of it has -- what can you say -- it's totally collapsed. I'm out of that business now and ignore American TV news as best I can. I watch the BBC, the CBC in Canada, and even Al-Jazeera America, all of which do a better job of covering stories like these. I read a few reputable newspapers and online news sites. I ignore every news organization Rupert Murdoch has an interest in, be it a newspaper or Fox News.

- Fox News and its affiliates aren't the only ones to blame (although they are the chief culprits). The losers are Americans, who refuse, it seems, to step back and use secondary thought processes to interpret a story.

ArthurTurner

God Bless Christian Louboutin
It was a Fox affiliate, not the main network and it still doesn't change this

What have we got here ? Nothing but a bunch -there must be about 30-50 people- of idiots. Using them to make a point about anti-police brutality protests calling for cop murder is like using Westboro Baptist Church to make a point about all christians being homophobic and anti-semites. This protest is nothing compared to the "Justice For All" March in Washington.

On one side, there's not even a hundred of assholes calling for cop murder. On the other side there's tens of thosands of peaceful protester asking for Justice. But too conservatives, both 100 people are more relevant than 10.000 people. To them, it's important to focus one the 100 assholes and elude the 10.000 peaceful protesters (or just assimilate them to the 100 assholes).