• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Pope decries abortion, same-sex marriage at Fatima

I hate to come off as bashing anyone's faith because I believe everyone's personal, religious choices deserve respect. But doesn't the Pope have enough in his own glass house to worry about ..errr decry???

FATIMA, Portugal – Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday called abortion and same-sex marriage some of the most "insidious and dangerous" threats facing the world today, asserting key church teachings as he tried to move beyond the clerical abuse scandal.

Benedict made the comments to Catholic social workers, health providers and others after celebrating Mass before an estimated 400,000 people in Fatima. The central Portuguese farming town is one of the most important shrines in Christianity, where three shepherd children reported having visions of the Virgin Mary in 1917.

Benedict's visit to Fatima on the anniversary of the apparitions was the spiritual centerpiece of his four-day visit to Portugal, which ends Friday. It was cast by Vatican officials as evidence that he had turned a page in weathering the abuse scandal, which has dogged him for months.

The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, pointed to the turnout in Fatima and said it was "very beautiful and encouraging" that pilgrims hadn't been deterred in expressing their faith despite months of revelations in Europe about priests who molested children and bishops and Vatican officials who turned a blind eye.

Continued at link....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100513/ap_on_re_eu/eu_pope_portugal

I hate to come off as bashing anyone's faith because I believe everyone's personal, religious choices deserve respect. But doesn't the Pope have enough in his own glass house to worry about ..errr decry???

Continued at link....
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100513/ap_on_re_eu/eu_pope_portugal

Actually, being a Catholic, I know the Pope, as the vicar of Christ, can declare any act a holy one. Henceforth, banging little boys' bums will be a sacrament of the Most Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church. Pax VobisCum ;')