• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Poll: Majority of Military Officers View Trump Unfavorably

A majority of U.S. military officers have an unfavorable view of President Trump, according to a survey released this week by the Military Times.

According to the poll, 53 percent of respondents said they hold an unfavorable opinion of the commander in chief, while about 31 percent said they view him favorably. Sixteen percent said they were neutral on the matter.

The findings come amid the controversy surrounding Trump's disputed call to the widow of a U.S. Army soldier killed in Niger earlier this month.

Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), who was with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson at the time of the call, alleged that Trump was insensitive in the conversation. The White House has denied that claim and has accused the congresswoman of politicizing the soldier's death.

Johnson was one of four soldiers killed in an ambush in Niger on Oct. 4 while U.S. troops accompanied Nigerien soldiers on a routine patrol. The Pentagon has since launched an investigation into the attack and the circumstances surrounding it — particularly how Johnson became separated from the rest of the unit.

According to the Military Times poll, Trump's favorability is higher among enlisted military personnel, at about 47 percent. Just under 37 percent of those polled view him unfavorably.

Trump sees his highest enlisted favorability ratings in the Marine Corps — 58.9 percent — and the Army — 46.3 percent. The Air Force and the Navy have the highest rate of unfavorable opinions about the president, at 38.1 percent and 39.5 percent respectively.

Trump has vowed to increase military spending and has also moved to put more decision-making authority in the hands of military leaders. Both those initiatives have been viewed positively among military personnel, according to the Military Times.

But at the same time, Trump has made several decisions viewed as controversial. His decision to send more troops to Afghanistan, for example, is seen by some critics as ambiguous and broad. And his move to roll back an Obama-era policy allowing transgender people to serve openly in the military has been met with criticism, as well.

The Military Times survey of 1,100 active-duty troops was conducted in September and has a margin of error of 3 percentage points.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...y-of-military-officers-view-trump-unfavorably

I don't buy it. I know alot of active duty and retired servicemen and I talk to them all the time. And they've had nothing but good things to say about Mr. Trump. Overall they're satisfied.

I buy it.
Seems to me that for many reasons I'm not in the mood to enumerate at the moment Trump could or would be a nightmare to serve under.

I buy it.
Seems to me that for many reasons I'm not in the mood to enumerate at the moment Trump could or would be a nightmare to serve under.

Oh please. Just more MSM bullshit trying to pit us against one another. People are tired of this crap and they see right through it. They know what's real and what's not

Just more MSM bullshit trying to pit us against one another.

They've got a challenging mission trying to outdo Trump in that respect.

Not surprising.

They know he doesn't really care abnout the military or the vets, he careqs only about how he can use them to his profit, to satisfy his ego or improve his image.
He did not even monitored the first raid he ordered, which end up in a debacle 'cause he ordered the military to rush it instead of taking time ot gather sufficient intelligence, resulting in much more opposition than expected. And when confronted with that terrible results, he choosed to pass the blame to his generals.
If there's one thing the military can't stand it's being used as scapegoats by politicians to cover their own incompetence.

I buy it.

Why of course you do. :1orglaugh
Here are some comments on city data discussing the poll.

No demographics were offered. If you ask black officers maybe and I say..maybe 1 in 5 will like Trump.

Old Today, 10:52 AM
jeffdoorgunner

3,000 posts, read 1,332,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Maybe the grunts units just want a more relaxed rules of engagement, get the lawyers out of the battlefield.

When you really think about it, no matter who is the president, this country is always fighting somebody.

I can see why enlisted, and officers have different focuses.

I know an air force officer, he was in the reserve and has a very "relaxed" (for lack of a better word) view about the military, it seems like. He will never see combat. (he certainly has a lot of time texting me things like "i am at the beach, come and join me.") He doesn't like Trump. I am not saying it is wrong, he is entitled to his opinion, but he and a Marsoc/Recon (an elite Marine unit) will always have their different focuses. Their "opinions" will never be the same. I am not pretending to be an expert, but according to my closest friends, the officers have seen a lot of combat get the most respect, this is just a fact. Those elite infantry units are the cream of the crop, it takes a LOT to earn their respect, and this is just a fact.

This is not surprising.

So roughly 1thousand military out of over a million. So in a crowd of 1000 people they asked one person. What a poll. Further......how many were career,Black,White,young,privates,corporals,warran t officers, lieutenant's,majors, generals,ETC...........how many were overseas,in a combat zone, stationed in Hawaii or in cuba. No demographics at all.............
Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:24 AM
lilyflower3191981

28,610 posts, read 15,466,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So roughly 1thousand military out of over a million. So in a crowd of 1000 people they asked one person. What a poll. Further......how many were career,Black,White,young,privates,corporals,warran t officers, lieutenant's,majors, generals,ETC...........how many were overseas,in a combat zone, stationed in Hawaii or in cuba. No demographics at all.............
Yep.

It’s worth noting that Military Times’ poll was a small sample of a large, raucous, far-flung military population: 1,131 respondents to represent roughly 1.3 million active-duty service members, with a 3% margin of error. And even in that sample, Trump enjoys more support in the military than among the civilian voters — par for the course for most presidents, especially conservatives.

I think people just read what they want to read.
Rate this post positivelyReply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:27 PM

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...s-poll-only-30-military-10.html#ixzz4wrHnVtYo

city data?

From rationalwiki: City Data forums
It seems like City Data has become a rising star among the new breed of popular fora whose main constituency appears to be best described as "red-state fascist" but who think they're regular folks. Many spend their days posting articles from extreme Right Wing partisan blogs, Conservapedia panics, Stormfront ideals, tinfoil hat sites, the world is ending in the near future, and insulting "libs".

At many points the rage against evils of "liberalism" (Social Security and Medicare) are extremely funny since the predominant age demographic seems to be seniors on Social Security and Medicare who have nothing better to do.

A very funny thing to note is that having an education and knowledge (especially working knowledge) about things is very frowned upon. It is an interesting attempt to study what hundreds of cranks could come up if given a computer keyboard and a chance to talk to each other.

---------

I think Johan made a winning point: 'If there's one thing the military can't stand it's being used as scapegoats by politicians to cover their own incompetence', and I've never seen a president who comes close to Trump when it comes to not taking responsibility for anything.

city data?

From rationalwiki: City Data forums
It seems like City Data has become a rising star among the new breed of popular fora whose main constituency appears to be best described as "red-state fascist" but who think they're regular folks. Many spend their days posting articles from extreme Right Wing partisan blogs, Conservapedia panics, Stormfront ideals, tinfoil hat sites, the world is ending in the near future, and insulting "libs".

At many points the rage against evils of "liberalism" (Social Security and Medicare) are extremely funny since the predominant age demographic seems to be seniors on Social Security and Medicare who have nothing better to do.

A very funny thing to note is that having an education and knowledge (especially working knowledge) about things is very frowned upon. It is an interesting attempt to study what hundreds of cranks could come up if given a computer keyboard and a chance to talk to each other.

---------

I think Johan made a winning point: 'If there's one thing the military can't stand it's being used as scapegoats by politicians to cover their own incompetence', and I've never seen a president who comes close to Trump when it comes to not taking responsibility for anything.

It doesn't matter if they are right wingers, the points made about poll skewing and the lack of transparency about the demographics of the poll are undeniably valid. Even with suspected skewing, Trump enjoys a higher approval rating with the military than with standard presidential approval polls.

FreeOnes is a far left leaning website, so the left wing opinion expressed here should be considered null and void?

Your logic is flawed.

Mayhem

Banned
Honestly it just doesn't matter. All that matters is what happened during the election, the day after is immaterial. It is a source of bewilderment, disgust and embarrassment that so many of my brothers and sisters voted for this clown. (BC, before you even start, this isn't about you and if you think you're going to draw me in over this, it won't happen. Period)

I absolutely just don't get it. And yes, it does hurt and it's not going to stop. I don't get people who so much as made it through Basic Training can put Donald Trump and Commander in Chief in the same sentence. I have no earthly clue what they were expecting from the next 4 years of their service how how they thought he was going to deliver it.

I'll tell you this, a blockbuster movie doesn't seem to have done the trick. Everyone has officially forgotten Mogadishu and Black Hawk Down. It was exactly this type of incompetent leaders and uninformed leadership that led to that particular fiasco. And yes, I am talking about the Clinton gang, who I voted against twice and disliked both then and now. And fuck Les Aspin who got one of the few good Generals run out of the service. Not technically, but close enough.