• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Please read, sign and pass it along.

NikkiNova

Official Checked Star Member
Tell Obama to Cease FDA Ties to Monsanto http://signon.org/s/DN8e3d #signon

Hi,

President Obama has appointed former Monsanto VP and Lobbyist Michael Taylor to become Senior Advisor to the FDA's Commissioner. This unthinkable linkage between food safety and corporate interests that have little regard for the public health must be stopped. This example of a "fox watching the hen house" is inexcusable. President Obama must reverse this unimaginably dangerous policy and isolate FDA from corporate influence.

That's why I signed a petition to President Barack Obama, which says:

"President Obama, I oppose your appointment of Michael Taylor, a former VP and Lobbyist for Monsanto, the widely criticized Genetically Modified (GM) food multinational, as Senior Advisor to the Commissioner at the FDA. Taylor is the same person who was Food Safety Czar at the FDA when Genetically Modified Organisms were allowed into the US food supply without undergoing a single test to determine their safety or risks. This is a travesty. Taylor was in charge of policy for Monsanto's now-discredited GM Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH) which is directly linked to cancer and opposed by many medical and hospital organizations. It was Michael Taylor who pursued a policy that milk from rBGH-treated cows should not be labeled with disclosures. Michael Taylor and Monsanto do not belong in our government.

President Obama, Monsanto has been seen as a foe to family-based agriculture, the backbone of America, by introducing dangerous changes to plants and animals and by using stro ng-arm legal tactics against farmers for decades. Naturally occurring plant and animal species are permanently threatened by the introduction of DNA and hormonal modification, Monsanto's core businesses.

FDA scientists once regarded Genetic Modification of the food supply as the single most radical and potentially dangerous threat to public health in history. As early as the 1991-2, a body of scientific research began to form which now includes articles in over 600 journals. As a whole, these offer scientific evidence that GM foods are the root cause for the increase of many serious diseases in the US. Since GM foods were introduced, diagnosis of multiple chronic illnesses in the US has skyrocketed. These illnesses include changes in major organs, hormonal, immune, digestive, and reproductive systems. Certain cancers are linked with GM consumption.

Experts are discouraged that regulators and GM companies systematically overlook potential side effects of GM. Monsanto's objective to use bio-technology to change the world's food supply is the opposite policy direction your administration should pursue. Your legacy of supporting Monsanto to have free rein in US food policy is a nightmare scenario that is against the interest of all Americans and world citizens."

Will you sign the petition too? Click here to add your name:

http://signon.org/sign/tell-obama-to-cease-fda?source=s.fwd&r_by=2146213

Thanks!

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
the fda cant be controlled by the president. its its own monster. if they actually controlled food and whats goes in them properly, where would the big pharmaceutical companies go? and all their money, and the insurance companies?

losing battle. the people can only make a difference with their shopping habits. of course, you need money to shop healthier.

oh canada, you look better everyday.

and thats as political as im gonna get.

NikkiNova

Official Checked Star Member
True true. It's just that I remember this other rediculous layer of this a couple of years ago. It's all a little too close to home for me. I am on of those really healthy people who has always had a garden and grows a lot of my own food. This kind of shit (below) truly terrifies me

S510 (Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010) - Illegal To Grow, Share, Trade, Sell Homegrown Food ... SB S510 Will Allow Government To Put You In Jail By Steve Green 8-6-10

http://www.rense.com/general91/dehe.htm

"Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US..."

"..."If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public's right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one's choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God." It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food." ~ Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower.

Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto's Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create without judicial review if it passes.

S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food AND FARMING..."

MORE: http://www.rense.com/general91/dehe.htm

Done. I guess it's a good idea to at least try, eh? :thumbsup:
Honestly, I don't see how they can even try to enforce it. It's hard to imagine our tax dollars going to veggie police beating down people's doors.

Hondarobot

Banned
Great thread/petition! I signed and encourage others to sign as well. It just requires a name and email address and the press of a button. There's 80,000+ people signed up already, need 20,000- to get this sent.

Michael Taylor sounds like bad news, and Obama has got to get off the fence with these mega corporation swindlers. From what I've read there is some ongoing initiative to provide food for Africa (which is good) that Obama favors, but if this guy can start recommending policy the plan will probably involve irradiated Ho-Ho's in exchange for blood diamonds, or some God damn thing.

No to Michael Taylor!

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
If he reconsiders the Keystone Pipeline and his shitty attitude towards Israel I will think about it.