• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Playstation 3 (PS3) Games: Recommendations...

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
My birthday is this upcoming Friday. Yup...HALLOWEEN BITCHES!!! OOooOOoooOOOooooo...that was a ghost sound. Anyway...

My parents bought me a Playstation 3 and I'm getting it in the mail tomorrow. I've only played PS3 a very limited number of times so I am definitely not familiar with the games. I am just wondering if anybody has any recommendations as to what games are worth buying.

I like all types of games (for the most part), so any recommendations will be good, IMO.

Personally, the only two games I've played for PS3 are:

NBA Live 2009 (Sports)
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (FPS)

What games do you recommend for PS3?

RealMenSwallow

Closed Account
GTA IV! Call of Duty 4 is amazing though. Watch out for Killzone 2 though! Incredible FPS!! Out in Feb, I believe, unless they changed it. LittleBigPlanet is supposed to be cool too. But who knows. Ooo, and RockBand 2 if you play with friends, or online.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
MGS4 is a must, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(it's a great game), Resistance(And R2 when it comes out), Final Fantaxi XIII when it comes out.

ChefChiTown

MGS4 is a must, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(it's a great game), Resistance(And R2 when it comes out), Final Fantaxi XIII when it comes out.

I've heard about Elder Scrolls before. Is that one of those games where I should play I - III before I even think about getting IV? Or, can I just pick it up and play? :dunno:

L3ggy

I just picked IV before I-III, it's not like MGS where you have to follow the plot exact.

Namreg

Banned
"the elder scrolls" is a world ... and all games in the series are set in that world. the stories are unrelated though, so no problems there.

i didn't like oblivion as much as morrowind, which remains an absolute high point in my personal videogaming history.

Morrowind was the best, Oblivion has the auto-leveling creatures, so that rats keep getting stronger the higher your level gets. Essentially throughout the whole game they want rats to die in 3 hits or bandits to die in 20, the stronger you get they compensate all NPC's with equipment and stat buffs. That drove me nuts, I get maxed fighting skills and a rat still can take a few hits and live.....................

Morrowind could be bought cheap for XBox, not sure for PS2 but it it is on PS2 get it for your PS3, it's immersive.......

Lemme see.... watch out for Red Faction 3, that will be badass but in Q1 of 2009. Armored Core 4 is cool, but of course I played the first AC on PS1 and love the series, AC4 has much better and natural controls. That's up to you if you like mecha-sims. Fallout 3 is supposed to be good but I haven't heard anything yet. Loved 1+2 though on PC. That's all that's in my head atm.

L3ggy

They're worth it, imo.

ChefChiTown

WELP, instead of getting a PS3 (like I was TOLD I was getting), I got a fucking Nintendo Wii. So, I'll probably never play it.

L3ggy

A Wii?!?!?!?! That's fucked up!

L3ggy

They being parents?

ChefChiTown

A Wii?!?!?!?! That's fucked up!

How did they confuse Wii and PS3?

I just got off the phone with my mom and this is "why" I have a Nintendo Wii (I mean, other than the fact that my mom apparently doesn't know what "I DON'T WANT ONE" means)...

My parents have wanted a Wii for a while, as they believe it will help keep them active at their "older" age, which I can kind of understand.

Anyway, in the Cleveland area, the Wii is really hard to find sometimes because it sells out really fast. My mom and my aunt went out Christmas shopping a few months ago and happened to come across a Toys 'R' Us that had Nintendo Wiis in stock but the sign out front said "LIMIT 1 PER PERSON". My mom was like "YES!!! Now me and (my husband) can have a Wii!!!". But, my aunt was like "NO...you can't". Long story short, my aunt was buying my dad a Wii for Christmas, so my mom couldn't buy one for her and my dad to have, as it would ruin a Christmas present. So...my mom decided to BUY ONE ANYWAY for some fucking reason.

Later that night, my dad comes home and finds the Wii, still in the bag. My dad was all excited, because he thought it was his. So, my mom, for some reason, told him that it was for me and that it was my birthday present. So, she took back the PS3 and sent me a Nintendo Wii.

Yup...

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Instead of a Playstation you'll get a Wiiiiiiiiiiii
Happy Birthday to me

L3ggy

....So, Ah, This Explains A Lot.

I just got off the phone with my mom and this is "why" I have a Nintendo Wii (I mean, other than the fact that my mom apparently doesn't know what "I DON'T WANT ONE" means)...

My parents have wanted a Wii for a while, as they believe it will help keep them active at their "older" age, which I can kind of understand.

Anyway, in the Cleveland area, the Wii is really hard to find sometimes because it sells out really fast. My mom and my aunt went out Christmas shopping a few months ago and happened to come across a Toys 'R' Us that had Nintendo Wiis in stock but the sign out front said "LIMIT 1 PER PERSON". My mom was like "YES!!! Now me and (my husband) can have a Wii!!!". But, my aunt was like "NO...you can't". Long story short, my aunt was buying my dad a Wii for Christmas, so my mom couldn't buy one for her and my dad to have, as it would ruin a Christmas present. So...my mom decided to BUY ONE ANYWAY for some fucking reason.

Later that night, my dad comes home and finds the Wii, still in the bag. My dad was all excited, because he thought it was his. So, my mom, for some reason, told him that it was for me and that it was my birthday present. So, she took back the PS3 and sent me a Nintendo Wii.

Yup...

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Instead of a Playstation you'll get a Wiiiiiiiiiiii
Happy Birthday to me

That sucks big time. :eek:

My apologies :hatsoff:

What you should do is wait til around Christmas time when everyone will be looking for a Wii again and sell that bitch on Ebay so you can buy a PS3,or see if you can hustle up someone at GameStop or EB and see if you could get them to trade straight up for one.