• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Palin swarmed at Iowa State Fair

Parrothead

Banned
For the life of me I don't get it. I mean, I get the attraction. On some level (even more than physical) I kind of like her, but for President? Really?

I was hoping that we've been learning over the past 10 years or so and all want to vote a qualified person into office.

More of the same one way or the other.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/12/palin-swarmed-at-iowa-state-fair/

Was there a fleet of short, yellow school buses nearby? If so, that would explain it...:o

In a world where the's no clear barometer of ability or intelligence we're left with religious zealotry and showboating.

Image+%3D+Smoke+%26+Mirrors1.jpg

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I think some people are attracted to her "aw shucks" demeanor. I think others (mostly men) are attracted to her physical appearance. I think some are attracted to her (supposed) social conservatism (no abortion, even if you got gang-raped by Huns and you're going to have triplets). But I honestly don't know anyone who has said they're attracted to her because of her ideas or intellect. Even that (ghost written) op-ed piece in Murdoch's Wall Street Journal couldn't convince thinking people that she could even spell "Fed" on her own... much less knew enough about it to criticize it. I think a lot of these people swarm around Sarah because they see her as being a lot like them. To them, she's kind of like a female "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington". To me, if she were to win high elected office, it would be more like "The Apple Dumpling Gang". To me, she represents a big part of what's wrong with America: arrogant ignorance and blatant hypocrisy.

It's pretty cool that she can get the rubes to give her all that money though, yet she's not running for anything. Not since the days of Jim and Tammy Faye have I seen anyone fleece the flock like that.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
This whole theory stinks of The Skull and Bones Society, I bet she is the first female memeber.

Sarah Palin can stick her hand down my pants and it will put a smile on my face anytime.

Too bad you're not a 'Marrrcan. That could be good idea for her campaign's get out the vote drive.

Too bad you're not a 'Marrrcan. That could be good idea for her campaign's get out the vote drive.

It would seal the deal for my vote, that's for damn sure!.

Having Sarah's hand down my pants... FUCK YEAH! :nanner:

I was hoping that the words "by an angry mob" was going to be attached to the end of this thread title. Oh well, at least football is back baby!:nanner:

Palin is a sideshow. But the one thing I give her credit for is her ability to make the Left go bananas. They're so obsessed with her that it's freakin' hilarious. She could lead the liberals like lemmings right off a cliff.

Mayhem

Banned
We are obsessed with how so many people are so bat-shit crazy that they show support for this bimbo. Between her and Bachmann, how are so many Neo-Cons so completely blind to the fact that they are your problem, not your solution?

The lemmings going over the cliff are Republican voters. This next election is going to be a riot.

Parrothead

Banned
Palin is a sideshow. But the one thing I give her credit for is her ability to make the Left go bananas. They're so obsessed with her that it's freakin' hilarious. She could lead the liberals like lemmings right off a cliff.

True. Their fingers twitch to type something down whenever she does anything.

I worry sometimes that she might actually get elected. I tell myself it's farfetched, but people do seem to like her. And I worry that there is a novelty aspect to it. We elected a black man (which is perfectly fine - don't start calling me a racist, or that I'm implying race had anything to do with the last election), but I can just see people saying, 'look, we've election a black man, and now a woman, oh look at how times have changed.' Then the election after that, the gay guy will get the vote.

Now, I'm also not saying a woman president, or a gay president should be out of the question. I just think Palin and Hilary should be out of the question.

My point is, there has been an American Idol feel to the recent elections. People are voting for the person, not the policies. And brother, I'm afraid.

I worry sometimes that she might actually get elected. I tell myself it's farfetched, but people do seem to like her. And I worry that there is a novelty aspect to it. We elected a black man (which is perfectly fine - don't start calling me a racist, or that I'm implying race had anything to do with the last election), but I can just see people saying, 'look, we've election a black man, and now a woman, oh look at how times have changed.' Then the election after that, the gay guy will get the vote.

Now, I'm also not saying a woman president, or a gay president should be out of the question. I just think Palin and Hilary should be out of the question.

My point is, there has been an American Idol feel to the recent elections. People are voting for the person, not the policies. And brother, I'm afraid.

If you gave her Kissinger's foreign policy experience and Kathleen Turner's voice she'd be a shoe in for Pres.