• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Palestinian might govern Texas

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
Here is a bit of good news I received:

BTC Breaking News: Farouk Shami Announces He’s Running for the Big "CHI-z" of Texas---Governor of Texas!

Farouk Shami has announced he is running as a Democratic nominee for the Governor of Texas. This news is exciting for our industry, and empowering for the residents of Texas, considering his recent effort to bring thousands of jobs to the state by opening the CHI USA factory.

We’ve been harboring this secret for quite some time here at BTC Headquarters and we’re thrilled to finally share it with all our members!

Congrats Farouk. We wish you the best of luck!

Here's the latest article from the Houston Chronicle:

Hair-care king wants a new job: governor
By KEN HOFFMAN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Sept. 16, 2009, 5:14PM

He is educated. He is sharp and energetic. He runs a billion-dollar business in North Houston, and he employs thousands of Texans. His products are top of the line, “Made in the U.S.A.,” and he exports them to 106 countries.

Now he is poised to announce that he is a candidate for the Democratic nomination for governor.

Is Texas ready, are YOU ready, for a governor named Farouk Shami — who was born in the Palestinian city of Ramallah on the West Bank and speaks with an accent different from ours?
Last week, he gave me a tour of his expansive Farouk Systems manufacturing complex in North Houston. He makes BioSilk and SunGlitz brand hair and beauty products, Chi hairdryers and curlers, and is expanding into small kitchen appliances.

Business is booming. He is expanding, buying more buildings to make more products. Parts and ingredients that he currently buys from China he is looking to make in Texas. For example, he has been buying imported olive oil for his products. So he recently planted 10,000 olive trees in Uvalde.

We sat in his office — the chair behind his desk is a throne, no kidding — and talked about his vision for Texas and his plan as governor to run the state like a business.

But first, this is 2009, and it's a difficult world. I asked him, what religion are you?

Shami said, “I am an American.”

I said, “Yes, but this question will come up, more than once, when you travel the state and ask Texans for their vote.”

He continued, “Obviously it will come up. I believe in all religions. My oldest brother is a Catholic. His mother is Catholic. That's my stepmother. My mother is Muslim. I was born a Muslim. I was raised by a Quaker. My mother's stepbrothers are Jewish. My grandfather married a Jewish woman. I am a good mix.”

I asked him, “Do you think Texas is ready for a governor with your background?”

He said, “If you mean as a successful businessman who has created thousands of jobs here in Texas? Then, yes, I think Texas is ready. Absolutely. I am running for governor. I am not running for a religious position.”

There's his answer.

Shami came to the United States in 1965. He arrived in Maryland and enrolled in the University of Arkansas, where he studied cosmetology. He worked as a waiter to pay his tuition. Then he came to Houston and started his business with one beauty parlor on the north side.

“I came with nothing to Texas,” he said. “I started with nothing and built a billion-dollar business. I've hired thousands of people, and I'm ready to hire thousands and thousands more. I am blessed to be a U.S. citizen and blessed to be a Texan. This state gave me the greatest opportunity. I want to pay back by leading Texas. With privilege comes responsibility.”

Shami, 66, and his wife live in The Woodlands. He has four children and nine grandchildren.

“I am about jobs, jobs, jobs,” he said. “We must find a job for every unemployed person who wants to work. I am capable of doing that. The current government in Austin doesn't know how to do this. The state is being run by politicians with old ideas and old promises. I understand how business works. The most important thing we need to do is find jobs for people.

“In business you have to make money. A family makes a certain amount of money, and that's what they spend. It's the same with business. If you overspend, you go out of business. Our current governor overspends.”

And Shami wants to put him out of business.

I asked, specifically, what would you do to create more jobs?

“We have the longest border of any state with Mexico. Instead of spending money to build walls, we should build factories. We have the people for the jobs this would create. We need to populate the border. That would stop drugs coming across. Our border would be more secure with factories and businesses there. We do not want criminals coming into this country.”

For more information please visit www.farouk.com

These seems like some good breaks for Texans. Well, I wish him the best.

georges

Staff member
I think he dreams too much

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I agree that he likely would never win but I think it's great that he wants to run. It's what America is all about.

jasonk282

Banned
It's good that he decided to run, but it's Texas no way does he win. Stephen F. Austin and Sam Houston would be rolling over in their graves.

I agree that he likely would never win but I think it's great that he wants to run. It's what America is all about.

Well said. I only hope he has read the Constitution, because most people in politics don't seem to know anything about that seemingly obscure document...

Philbert

Banned
It's mostly the non Texans who are racist and anti Arab...if the guy has the brains and creds to be Gov, he'll get the job.
Pussies need not apply...
If the Dems can field a Gov nom who acts like his/her own person and not an O-Zombie, Texans are very practical people and not like the stereotypes believed in by all the outsiders living in the West/East USA and outside the US.
I ain't crazy 'bout Hutchinson, I'm reserving my opinion about Perry...but why does a haircare King want to give up a great life of wealth and success to be Gov of Texas? Hmmmm...

Aha!
It's a plot by secret (not any more!) Muslim Barak Hussein and his pal Babba Shami!
I see it clearly now...the race thing was a distraction, it's all about Islam and One World S'haria Government!
HellsBells, boys...time to invest in designer Burkas and Hijabs! We're being overrun!
:thumbsup:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
I'm not up on Texan politics, but is this a big deal? After all, isn't Arnie the Governator of Cali?

:dunno:

jod0565

Member, you member...
I say why not? You don't need to be born in America to be governor. I guess that's because there are not enough Americans that can do that job. :dunno:

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
It's mostly the non Texans who are racist and anti Arab...if the guy has the brains and creds to be Gov, he'll get the job.
Pussies need not apply.........Aha! It's a plot by secret (not any more!) Muslim Barak Hussein and his pal Babba Shami! I see it clearly now...the race thing was a distraction, it's all about Islam and One World S'haria Government! HellsBells, boys...time to invest in designer Burkas and Hijabs! We're being overrun!
:thumbsup:

Huh. So if it isn't the Illuminati, its some crazy ass anti-infidel power hungry dog bites that want to rule the world, starting in Texas.

Just think of the repercussions though if he does win. The fashion industry would be turned upside down. The fashion police would be out in force.

Houston, the new fashion capital of the world? Why not?