• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Official PC Game Thread

What games do you guys like the most on your PC? I enjoy Call of Duty, Half Life 2, Command and Conquer, Rome: Total War and Halo. Also comment here about your hardware (video/soundcards) and how you rate their performance. :nanner:

Dinalt

Banned
Far Cry, Half Life 2, Empires - Dawn of the modern world. Probably the 3 I've been playing to death recently.

As for spec:

Athlon 3200
1 GB RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro
For sound, I rely on Nvidia's Nforce 2 (Soundstorm) - seems as good as most dedicated cards.

Soon be upgrading to 64 bit - just waiting for Windows to release a retail version of XP 64 (Not the one that's free for download at the moment).
First benches for dual graphics cards look amazing, so can't wait.

half life 1 was probably the best game ive ever played, I like HL 2 a lot too - jus ton the bit where the revolutions starting! Amazing

Doom 3 was good, just becuase it was shit scary! But i also like games like Baldurs gate - I can get lost for days in those.....

i have a pentium 3.2 w/HT, 1 G RAM, Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT, Soundbalster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer, 5.1 dolby sourround w/subwoofer, 17in. high definition flatscreen. All perform excellent and haul ass. No lag during game play.

Dinalt

Banned
Jizm said:
Nice rig Dinalt

:wave2: Cheers - yours is pretty amazing too. Think when 64 bit really takes off, we'll notice a great improvement in game development.
HL2 & Doom 3 are already pushing the boundaries, but with Nvidia's Dual graphic card set up and 64 bit - should be sweet.
Know ATi are also developing dual graphic card technology, so should be interesting to see who comes out on top. My hunch is Nvidia will take the performance lead, as they've been enhancing the Nforce platform for a few years now - and this is being extended to the Pentium range as well.

Only drawback's going to be price for most people, I remember reading an article that said most US gamers still use the Geforce 4. Can't remember where they got it from, but I think it was from one of Valves Steam surveys.

That said, this year should be pretty amazing for gamers. 64 bit, PCI Express and ever better TFT technology, gotta be a good thing.

pitino

are you talking to me?
i had Need for Speed: Underground 2 installed but now only some pinball games

PC specs: Athlon XP1800 (overclocked to 2000), 512MB DDR, 40GB, FX5200-128MB

I play World of Warcraft at the moment, it´s pretty amazing.
I got a nightelf-hunter and an undead-warlock.

May sys is a Athlon XP 3000+, 768 MB DDR, Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, all games are running smooth, even Doom 3, Far Cry etc..

I am playing at :
- half-life 2, cs:s, tfc, ...
- doom 3
- warcraft 3
- PES 4
- Quake 3

my computer :
barton @ 2400MHz
1 GB DDR400
radeon 9800pro
:hatsoff:

Doom 3 runs smoother on my pc than hl 2 does - im not sure why....I had to turn HL2 down a bit, but i can crank doom 3 up

mines -

Athlon 2400
256mb Ram
raedon 9800
17inch flat screen
creative labs quad surround sound speakers

and it gets spyware every five fucking minutes....

anotherguy said:
Doom 3 runs smoother on my pc than hl 2 does - im not sure why....I had to turn HL2 down a bit, but i can crank doom 3 up

mines -

Athlon 2400
256mb Ram
raedon 9800
17inch flat screen
creative labs quad surround sound speakers

and it gets spyware every five fucking minutes....
you need ram !! doom3 use a lot of ram..
256mo is very small now
you should think upgrade to 512 or 1024 if you want to play doom3...

9inch said:
you need ram !! doom3 use a lot of ram..
256mo is very small now
you should think upgrade to 512 or 1024 if you want to play doom3...

Made a mistake there - my girlfriends (the one im using now) has 256 - i couldnt remember how much ram ive got so looked it up - but on the wrong pc.... :crash:

Mine has got 1024 ram - still doesnt explain hl2 running slow when i can have doom 3 running on top spec (well....near top)

Dont get me wrong - hl2 is still amazing even on low graphic detail, but it bugs me...

:nanner:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
MOHAA online (wallhack optional!) for me a lot of the time.

Well... as most of you know... Im a huge gamer. So here is the list of what is on my computer ATM. I have a whole wall of computer games though. So can't list them all.

World of Xeen. (A 90s DOS based game that is STILL my favorite... Seriously. You can probably download this for free now. And it is awesome!)

Ultima Online (MMORPG Love it and play it most of the time I game.)

World of Warcraft (Tauren Warrior Max Level, Orc Shaman Lvl 47, and Troll Priest Lvl 35 I love the Horde!!! Orcs are my favorites. I want goblins to be playable! Its no fair that gnomes got in but not goblins.)

Warcraft III and Expansion.

Battle For Troy. (Actually this is kinda crappy.)

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. (Pretty fun.)

my new computer is a sony vaio..

p4 3.2 GB processor
513 MB ram

so far i got Doom3 and Microsoft flight sim 2004 on it both run really well.