• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Official NBA Draft 2007 Thread

The NBA Draft is getting closer (June 28) and who will your favorite team draft? What does your team need? Any possible trades?

My Mock Draft (Lottery Teams Only):

1. Portland Trailblazers: Greg Oden 7-0 257 C Ohio St. Fr.
Great addition to a a strong nucleus; will trade Randolph

2. Seattle Sonics: Kevin Durant 6-10 215 SF Texas Fr.
#1 pick any other year; maybe Sonics stay in Seattle now

3. Atlanta Hawks:
Yi Jianlian 7-0 242 PF China 1984
Need a PG more than anything; Jianlian might be a sleeper

4. Memphis Grizzlies:
Al Horford 6-10 244 PF Florida Jr.
Will make a strong tandem with Gasol

5. Boston Celtics:
Brandan Wright 6-10 200 PF UNC Fr.
Must settle for strong rebuilding block; may make draft day trades

6. Milwaukee Bucks: Corey Brewer 6-8 185 SF Florida Jr.
Another piece to a team that will be on the rise

7. Minnesota Timberwolves: Jeff Green 6-9 228 SF Georgetown Jr.
Garnett needs more than this, may be traded

8. Charlotte Bobcats: Joakim Noah 6-11 230 PF Florida Jr.
Quickly, Bobcats are amassing talent; next: wins

9. Chicago Bulls: Al Thornton 6-7 221 SF/PF Florida St. Sr.
May be drafting for another team; lots of trade suitors

10. Sacramento Kings: Julian Wright 6-8 211 SF Kansas So.
Will help in latest rebuilding process

11. Atlanta Hawks: Mike Conley 6-1 175 PG Ohio St. Fr.
Hawks luck out and get the PG here that they might draft at 3 spot

12. Philadelphia 76ers: Spencer Hawes 7-0 244 C Wash. Fr.
You can't teach height

13. New Orleans Hornets: Rudy Fernandez 6-6 172 SG Spain 1985
Can play both guard positions and hit from distance

14. Los Angeles Clippers: Tiago Splitter 6-11 240 PF Brazil 1985
Clippers need ruggedness and maybe a PG

The Satyr Icon

The number 9 pick will be going to the Lakers.

In deal for Kobe Bryant of the Lakers? Who else do the Bulls put in? Ty Thomas? I think it would be him, another young body, that pick and MAYBE future pick. Kobe should have signed with the Clippers when he had the chance.

The Satyr Icon

In deal for Kobe Bryant of the Lakers? Who else do the Bulls put in? Ty Thomas? I think it would be him, another young body, that pick and MAYBE future pick. Kobe should have signed with the Clippers when he had the chance.

The Satyr Icon

There was one rumor I heard with a three way trade with the Laker/Bulls/Wizards. I can't really remember it, but I think the Bulls would send Tyrus Thomas and...damn, I can't remember who the other guy is, to the Wizards, and the Bulls would send the 9th pick to LA and the Wizards would send....Fuck, I can't remember the exact players, but I remember I liked it. LOL

There was one rumor I heard with a three way trade with the Laker/Bulls/Wizards. I can't really remember it, but I think the Bulls would send Tyrus Thomas and...damn, I can't remember who the other guy is, to the Wizards, and the Bulls would send the 9th pick to LA and the Wizards would send....Fuck, I can't remember the exact players, but I remember I liked it. LOL

Bulls: Ben Gordon?
Wizards: Gilbert Arenas?
BLOCKBUSTER DEAL.

The Satyr Icon

Portland Trailblazers GM Kevin Pritchard gushed about how Kevin Durant looked, saying that it may have been the best workout he's ever seen since joining the Blazers.

Greg Oden's workout in Portland didn't go great. He was nervous, got winded, missed some lay-ups -- you get the picture.

source: ESPN

The Satyr Icon

Well I'm getting excited for the draft. Lots the Bulls can do. It could've been fun to have Kobe, but that's not going to happen. I think I might like that Al Thorton, or Spencer Hawes. I've seen some mock draft with Bulls getting that Noah. I don't care much for that. I think he's a swell player, but we need a more offensive minded big man.

My Mock Draft (Lottery Teams Only) VERSION 2.0:
1. Portland Trailblazers: Greg Oden 7-0 257 C Ohio St. Fr.
Great addition to a a strong nucleus; will need to trade Randolph

2. Seattle Sonics:
Kevin Durant 6-10 215 SF Texas Fr.
#1 pick any other year; maybe Sonics stay in Seattle now

3. Atlanta Hawks:
Mike Conley 6-1 175 PG Ohio St. Fr.
Need a PG more than anything...if they keep the pick

4. Memphis Grizzlies:
Al Horford 6-10 244 PF Florida Jr.
Will make a strong tandem with Gasol

5. Boston Celtics: Yi Jianlian 7-0 242 PF China 1984
Must settle; may make draft day trades; fans may riot

6. Milwaukee Bucks: Corey Brewer 6-8 185 SF Florida Jr.
Another piece to a team that will be on the rise

7. Minnesota Timberwolves: Jeff Green 6-9 228 SF Georgetown Jr.
Garnett needs more than this, but he may be traded

8. Charlotte Bobcats: Joakim Noah 6-11 230 PF Florida Jr.
Quickly, Bobcats are amassing talent; next on the agenda: wins

9. Chicago Bulls: Brandan Wright 6-10 200 PF UNC Fr.
May be drafting for another team; lots of trade suitors

10. Sacramento Kings: Julian Wright 6-8 211 SF Kansas So.
Will help in latest rebuilding process

11. Atlanta Hawks: Spencer Hawes 7-0 244 C Wash. Fr.
If the Hawks don't watch out, they might be good...

12. Philadelphia 76ers: Al Thornton 6-7 221 SF/PF Florida St. Sr.
Sixers get more help with this burly SF...

13. New Orleans Hornets: Rodney Stuckey 6-5 207 SG E. Wash. So.
A flat-out scorer that would have went higher if he had gone to a better school...

14. Los Angeles Clippers: Acie Law 6-3 186 PG Texas A&M Sr.
My Clippers get the PG that they need to back-up/start-in place-of Shaun Livingstone/Sam Cassell

The Satyr Icon

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls didn't draft a big man and went for the best available to use in a trade for front court help. Like you suggested Satyr. I actually hope that's what we do. I'd rather have get a vet then build up another young guy.

After the first two picks, this draft will be intriguing. With the 3rd pick the Atlanta Hawks could go PG Conley (most glaring need) or pick another big guy. Their ownership is in flux and their front office and coaching staff had settled on Florida power forward Al Horford, but a faction of the Atlanta Spirit ownership group, with business interests in China, is pushing them to take Yi Jianlian. Toss in the fact that they are also in the running to trade both picks to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire and you have uncertainty. So goes the Hawks, so goes the draft.

The Satyr Icon

Noah, or Tyson Chandler with heart. I don't know about the pick. I guess along with a lot of my friends, we had hoped the pick would be traded. Picking Noah does fit into the John Paxson drafting scheme. So, like that sign that guy had in the audience, "In Pax We Trust". He won our trust, and I'm not going to second guess him. When it really comes down to it, nobody at the 9th pick was really going to be a difference maker. We still need a scorer, and I'd love to build up our bench.
One thing that I didn't understand, was Stephen A Smith's rant about the Bulls already having energy in Wallace, and Thomas. But how is having more energy a bad thing? I like Noah's energy and passion. I don't like his shot. And I wonder if the Bulls owners will make him cut his pony tail?

But it was a fun draft. Portland came to get down.

I feel that Portland, Seattle, Atlanta (OMG shock!) and Chicago really upgraded their teams through the draft and through trades.

The Satyr Icon