• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama's Speech Tonight

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
What? What is that even supposed to mean? Is that a Glenn Beck comment? I've been bashing Glenn Beck since I started posting on this forum.

I just assumed...I apologize!:hatsoff:

I think everyone knows there are sooooo much more good in the world than bad, just that in these times the bad get all the press and attention of the media.

Remember Bad news sells!

I hope you're right. I know you're right about the media, but I hope that most people still remember that all the awful headlines don't reflect what's truly going on in the world.

Deepcover

Closed Account
I was watching the memorial service too. Wether you like Obama or hate him he's just got this great charisma in him. Amazing. The people at the service who also spoke was simply a touching moment.

I hope you're right. I know you're right about the media, but I hope that most people still remember that all the awful headlines don't reflect what's truly going on in the world.

Yeah me too, but today alot of people don't know what to think, do or say unless some sort of media tells them too! The whole idea of tv, magazines and the press is to just entertain and inform, not control.

The sooner we as a people stop being like lemmings and have a bit more freethinking the better!!

Very moving speech. The parts about Christina were particularly moving...I admit to being a little misty. You could almost see Obama pause to reflect on his own girls for a second.

He sounded allot like the Obama I voted for in that speech.

Agreed. It seems to me that the media usually does more harm than good.

That being said, and against my former statement, if the president's speech gave you some comfort, than that is a good thing. Tragedies have a bittersweet way of bringing people together but I wish that energy could be created and sustained in a more positive way.

I just don't like Jagger's comments about anyone who didn't cry being a terrorist or whatever nonsense.

It was very moving speech. The way he talked about Christina, you could feel that he was think about his own girls. I was choked up watching it. Hearing that speech tonight I was not a Democrat who disagreed with Republican point of views. Tonight like the rest of the nation that was watching WE were ALL Americans

It's hard to express what I'm feeling. I haven't been one of Obama's biggest fans lately. But that was a very moving speech. It didn't bring me to tears, but it was very good.

If only moments like this lasted. If only we could not turn on each other, as he mentioned in his speech. If only people would practice what they preach. But sadly, we are like children. Whiny, fighting children. There are terrible people who wish harm on others, and hypocrites who wish harm on them. If only we would all grow up.

If only...

Yes, an outstanding speech.

It just amazes me that people can watch this man speak and still think he's EVIL, anti-american, a commie, a closet wahabi muslim, or what have you.

But in the face of all logic the echo chamber haters will carry on hating because sadly that emotion is what sustains them.

And their propaganda-for-profit media gurus won't miss a step either. But maybe a few less people will be buying their snake oil. That would be a blessing.

C

cindy CD/TV

I have often found myself on the opposite side of issues than Obama, but I must say that the president earned so much respect from me in his speech last night. I was so proud of him and our politicial system and, for the first time in a long time, I felt hopeful for our country. I hope that the divide that has been growing among Americans will finally start to heal, that the politicial parties will find a way to work toward consensus. They will of course disagree, but they can do so without anger. And maybe we all can jump in rain puddles, too. :)

Jane Burgess

Official Checked Star Member
He would have earned respect from me had he gone to FT. Hood, Texas right after the shooting there. 32 wounded and 12 killed. Plus he never bothers to come to Arizona to tour the border or to attend the masses of border patrol agents killed in the line of duty.

He was politically motivated to go to Tucson. His ratings are low and this will be boost in ratings. Had a federal judge and a congress woman not been shot, he would not have even came to Arizona.

Jane Burgess

Official Checked Star Member
Like I stated in the Griffith thread, this will be THE defining speech and moment in his presidency.....I wasn't around for MLK, but from what I've seen and read, this speech was very MLK-like.:clap:

I couldn't image a stuttering prick like George Bush or an outright infidel like Sarah Palin, having the effect and command in that arena like Obama did!

I hope that you are kidding. Nothing Obama will ever do or say will be like MLK. MLK was a uniter, Obama is not.

Not sure why people think Obama gives great speeches. Ronald Reagan gave amazing speeches, the presidents since him have sucked at giving speeches. :2 cents:

MLK actually wrote his own speeches.

Obama is actually quite the speechwriter. During the campaign he wrote all his speeches. All presidents have speech writers but Obama actually plays a big role in writing most of his speeches along with the rest of his speech writing team led by John Favreau

Like I stated in the Griffith thread, this will be THE defining speech and moment in his presidency.....I wasn't around for MLK, but from what I've seen and read, this speech was very MLK-like.:clap:

I couldn't image a stuttering prick like George Bush or an outright infidel like Sarah Palin, having the effect and command in that arena like Obama did!

I agree. Many presidents have to face circumstances like this during their presidencies. For Clinton it was the Oklahoma City bombing, Bush 9/11 and the Virginia Tech shooting and so far it looks like Tucson for Obama.