• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama's Literary Agent

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

The booklet, which is thirty-six pages long, is printed in blue ink (and, on the cover, silver/grey ink), using offset lithography. It purports to celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of Acton & Dystel, which was founded in 1976.

Article

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me -- an agency assistant at the time. There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2012/05/17/literary_agent_says_1991_booklet_was_a_mistake.html

"Note from Senior Management:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...nt-1991-Born-in-Kenya-Raised-Indonesia-Hawaii

Nothing to see here, move along.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Oh for Christ's sakes. Again with the birth certificate shit? 4 years to work on this,"smoking gun" and this the best they can come up with? Get the fuck out of here. What a weak group of handlers we have on the right. No wonder Mc Cain lost and Romney will too. I don't like the directions that Obama is taking us in but please, attack the policies. Not a piece of fucking paper.

I know what some of you are thinking. Why doesn't he just show it. He did. Not to the public because he doesn't have to. Just like you and me. When we apply for a job the employer files a I-9 form with SS# and other confidential information to verify identity. If he has to publish his then so should all of us.

This is not a birth certificate controversy, it's how in the bloody hell did a literary agent had stated for years that he had been born in Kenya. I do believe he was born in Hawaii, because as a conservative I cannot just throw accusations right and left and see what sticks, unlike liberals. We conservatives need a smoking gun, notarized in triplicate and a dozen witnesses of perfect character, before the mainstream media could probably consider covering our story, unlike liberals who can throw an accusation like for example "duuuh, Romney wasn't even born on earth" along with many others to see what sticks and the media will cover every angle of that story. But I digress.

The controversy here is why was this never fixed? It was in their publications and webpage for years? Even their webpage until 2007 stated that he was born in Kenya. Check the "wayback machine" link. I mean, a webpage? Couldn't they update the information or correct the information a long time ago instead of the year when the guy decided he was going to run for preezy and if this site came up would give rise to a controversy that might disqualify him from running?
http://web.archive.org/web/20070403190001/http://www.dystel.com/clientlist.html

So the choices are A. Are they that incompetent (they'll probably say "yes" to that in order to cover for the O guy) that they kept forgetting to correct that mistake over the years? Or B. maybe O said he was born in Kenya in order to gain advantages and privileges, like--- I don't know, admission to Harvard or something--- that are not available for people from this country? And, yes, there are some grants and scholarships available for foreign student. I know so. I dated one a long time ago and she did have some scholarships that I could not qualify for. I'm betting he told the publishers he was born in Kenya.

Now this is something else that the media is to blame for because they DID NOT do the complete background check on him that they did on someone running for the LESSER office of vicepresident (Sarah Palin). And this isn't a complaint of "bwaah, bwaah, they check our candidates but they don't check theirs", it's more a "stupid media, do your job and you can prevent controversies like this from rising up in the future". It's for your own good, Democrats!! I mean, if the media had done its job of trying to find out who the guy really was they could have put this to rest four years ago. I mean, look at John Edwards!! The media also covered for him, imagine if O and Hillary hadn't run and he had gotten the nomination and been elected, then this whole controversy came up, what a mess!!

So, okay, maybe the media knew like I do that O-face was born in Hawaii, but come on!! There's a publication there that says that he was born in Kenya, why not investigate it? I don't think it's media incompetence, just bias.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Could someone explain to me what I'm supposed to be giving a flying fuck about? :dunno:

Just wait for Sam to come back and he will go to great detail about this, I am very sure

Mayhem

Banned
The difference between Sam saying something and Sam actually explaining something are time zones apart.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The difference between Sam saying something and Sam actually explaining something are time zones apart.

Just sleep another night, and we will probably see what his take on this is ;)

Mayhem

Banned
So you're saying that this latest ban is temporary? I'm asking because I was out for a couple of days, came back, Sam was banned and I didn't care enough to find out why. I just assumed it was a perma-ban. Are we going to be getting our Mr. Fisher back?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Just sleep another night, and we will probably see what his take on this is ;)

Please tell me that you're joking! If someone can publicly cuss out a moderator and come back within a few days, why even bother having ANY rules at all???

Well, this is the second time Sam's banned, is there a "three strikes you're out" policy around here? :dunno:

Let's just hope if he does come back he'll be a more gentler, kinder Sam. The "sports section" Sam, not the "politics section" Sam.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
A skunk cannot change the stripe down his back... nor his smell.