• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama re-elected, now what?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
4 more years and what do you seeing being done? Will we be out of Afghanistan? How far will he be able to push down unemployment? Gas prices closer to $3.00? Any more in your paycheck per week? Growth in GDP? What do you see?

Less full time employment and more part time employment , thanks to Obamacare. Inflation and the cost of living will skyrocket. Gasoline will be 4.50-5.00 a gallon by 2015.

4 more years and what do you seeing being done? Will we be out of Afghanistan? How far will he be able to push down unemployment? Gas prices closer to $3.00? Any more in your paycheck per week? Growth in GDP? What do you see?

A repeat of the last four years.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I would grade him a C for the first 4 years. Stabilized the economy but after 4 years, growth and unemployment aren't anything to hang your hat upon. The stock market bounced back well. Will his policies keep this going or will people keep their money in their pockets? Taxes will rise in 2013. In 2014 it's time to start paying for that health care bill. Even if he keeps us out of a war for the next 4 years, will that money be enough to keep away from inflation? Hard to predict. He is a Liberal and might toss the bucks around. No worry about re-election.

President Obama has accomplished quite a lot in his time in office, and, as there has been steady growth in job production, I'd predict that will continue. I think unemployment will be solidly below 8% before the end of his term, the housing market will have recovered, and American exports will increase greatly. He's building good will with much of the world, and that can only help.

It will be interesting to see how Afghanistan plays out. I think we'll be out, excepting a small security force that is likely to stay there for a decade.

Less full time employment and more part time employment , thanks to Obamacare. Inflation and the cost of living will skyrocket. Gasoline will be 4.50-5.00 a gallon by 2015.

A repeat of the last four years.

That will destroy the republican party if they continue to put their own agenda first and not learn the American way of compromise then more Americans will see that we mean nothing to them and they will be fully replaced by the tea party which will never garner enough votes to be anything more then a fringe presence.

Less full time employment and more part time employment , thanks to Obamacare. Inflation and the cost of living will skyrocket. Gasoline will be 4.50-5.00 a gallon by 2015.[/FQUOTE]

President Obama has accomplished quite a lot in his time in office, and, as there has been steady growth in job production, I'd predict that will continue. I think unemployment will be solidly below 8% before the end of his term, the housing market will have recovered, and American exports will increase greatly. He's building good will with much of the world, and that can only help.

It will be interesting to see how Afghanistan plays out. I think we'll be out, excepting a small security force that is likely to stay there for a decade.

Hoping we leave Afghanistan entirely Taliban or not it is truly the asshole of the world. We really need no security force as any time the Taliban or whomever organizes in the open we can just put a drone missle in the middle of them and problem solved. I truly do not believe that part of the world will ever organize into a real country so why are we still there??? To monitor Pakistan?? Control the heroin trade?? We got bin laden, we will never allow them to form camps of any kind in the world again?? Let's bring the boys and girls home where they belong.

Everything I posted there is a very real possibility. Research the costs of Obamacare and it's implications . Prices for goods and services have to increase to cover the costs. Obamacare is going to raise the cost of employers by $1.79 per hour per full time employee. Do you think employers are gonna eat that or are they gonna raise their prices?

I truly do not believe that part of the world will ever organize into a real country so why are we still there???

The U.S should withdraw from Afganistan and let them kill each others.

Afgans are insensitive barbarians and you can not change them.

Sad but true.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
It actually depends on Congress and what Republicans in there do. Will they continue to be the party of no, or will they actually start working to further the country, rather than only furthering the wants of the tea baggers.
I honestly believe the country would be in a lot better shape without the tea party. Notice I did not say the Republicans? There is a reason for that. The tea party was probably one of the more politically destructive movements in our nation's history since the Red Scare, and coupled with the Bush years of the previous decade, it is a wonder we are not in a bigger mess than we currently are. Without them, I believe that we would have moved away from the Bush years, rather than not attempt to cling onto them.
I have hopes that the better minds of the Republican party will realize that the tea party has been destructive, and the Bush years crippling - I have hopes that "compromise" will not be a cuss word, and that the nation is much more important than a party and some egos.

I have hopes of this, but I honestly do not think so. If the tea baggers attempt to continue to pretend they are in control, I have hopes that Obama will play hard ball with them.
An increase in taxes for those in the top 10 percent would be a move in the right direction - yet tax breaks for companies which offer jobs for U.S. workers, further increases for full-time jobs, and breaks for those which offer high tech jobs. Breaks for companies which offer tuition reimbursements for the employees would be grand, too.
Get rid of the administrative nightmare known as No Child Left Behind. Let teachers teach students, not numbers.
Large fines for companies which employ illegals. You want to move towards solving the illegal immigrant program? Punish the companies for hiring them to the point that it is not worth it for those companies to hire cheap labor.
More money towards scientific research and development, less towards military research and development.
More money towards reusable, clean energy, a lot less towards "once and gone", dirty energy.
Tax breaks for companies which produce healthy, U.S. grown food, and fewer tax breaks being paid for farmers to NOT grow.
These are just a few. I know they are most likely a political pipe dream, but it is OK to dream.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
I predict that the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer until the people get a leader who genuinely is in favour of them and not big business.

More money towards scientific research and development, less towards military research and development.
Bad idea!

More money towards reusable, clean energy, a lot less towards "once and gone", dirty energy.
Terrible idea!

Tax breaks for companies which produce healthy, U.S. grown food, and fewer tax breaks being paid for farmers to NOT grow.
Worst idea!

These are just a few. I know they are most likely a political pipe dream, but it is OK to dream.
In your head, man...in your head

12 millions jobs will be created

The economy could churn out 12 million jobs in the next four years regardless of who wins the White House in November, economists said.

It’s a prediction in line with a promise made by the GOP presidential ticket.

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and his running mate Paul Ryan each pledged in their speeches during the GOP convention that they would create 12 million jobs over the next four years with a series of familiar policies that include reducing regulatory and tax burdens on small businesses and ramping up international trade.

Despite the slowly healing job market, Romney and Ryan have ignored the danger of going out at least part of the way on a political limb, with forecasts of a much faster pace of job growth on their side.

"Most forecasts for employment growth are very close to 12 million over the next four years regardless of who wins the presidency," Mark Zandi, chief economist with Moody's Analytics, told The Hill.

Creating that many jobs in the next four years "is very doable," he said.

President Obama has learned the hard way in making promises on jobs, after ensuring that an $800 billion economic stimulus package in 2009 would "save or create" 2.5 million jobs and drop the unemployment rate down to about 6 percent by now. Since then, the White House has shied away from making specific job creation predictions.

Meanwhile, the Romney campaign, as well as congressional Republicans, have seized on the White House's failure to lower the jobless rate, making it central to their argument as to why Obama's policies have hampered a stronger recovery and why he should be denied a second term.

Obama will likely argue next week at the Democratic National Convention that electing Romney would return the country to the same Republican policies that mired the nation in a deep economic hole.

Republicans argue that not only did the Obama administration miss the mark on the jobless rate, which has remained stuck above 8 percent for the bulk of his presidency, but he has also failed to make headway on creating enough jobs to make up for those lost during the recession.

"And unlike the president, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs," Romney said Thursday night in a speech where he accepted the GOP nomination.

Romney outlined five steps including, energy independence by 2020; updating workers skills and giving parents school choice; forging new trade agreements and leveling "unmistakable consequences" for violating trade rules; helping small businesses by reducing taxes and regulations; and cutting the deficit and balancing the budget by repealing Obama's signature healthcare law.

When it comes to the Romney-Ryan vow, Keith Hall of George Mason University’s Mercatus Center and the former head of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which produces monthly job and other data, said while there is some "ambition" in creating that many jobs over four years, it is certainly possible if the economy starts "clicking on all cylinders."

To get there, the economy would need to create, on average, 250,000 jobs a month beginning in 2013 and the nation could get back to near full employment, around 6 percent, and nearly a full recovery by mid-2016, Zandi and Hall said.

President Clinton's first term was the only time a recovery has generated more than 12 million jobs. Nearly 23 million jobs, averaging 237,000 jobs a month, were created during his eight years in office.

At this point, Obama is still 316,000 jobs in the hole, despite job growth every month since October 2010, Hall said.

The economy needs to create upward of 190,000 jobs a month just to cover population growth and, so far, the Obama economy is only generating about 127,000, Hall said.

By contrast, President George W. Bush left office with only 1.1 million net jobs created during his two terms, an anemic 11,000 a month, according to Hall.

Still, not everyone is sold on the possibility of it happening regardless if Obama wins reelection or whether Romney sweeps into office.

Judy Conti, federal advocacy coordinator with the National Employment Law Project, called it an "unrealistic promise," especially with the looming threat of federal budget cuts, the lack of cooperation in Congress to agree on policies that could help boost the labor market and continued fiscal struggles at the state and local level that are a drag on job creation and the economy as a whole.

National unemployment would be 7 percent if state and local governments had not shed so many workers.

"Anyone who thinks the next Congress will do more regardless of the balance of power is very naive," she said.

"I'd love to see it but I don't think it's going to happen," Conti said.

From Zandi's perspective, the potential is in place because the economy is on track to create 2 million jobs this year. As long as the recovery maintains at its current pace, 8 million jobs would be created over the next four years.

A good batch of those jobs should come from more home building and commercial construction, which are still at incredibly low levels of activity, and "will increase substantially," he said.

"Even under very conservative assumptions" 4 million jobs could be created over the next four years in construction and construction-related industries like manufacturing, transportation, distribution and financial services.

"The economy’s fundamentals have improved significantly since the recession, and this will shine through in the next several years," Zandi said.

The Labor Department has projected that employers will create 20.5 million jobs from 2010 to 2020 with the healthcare sector expected to grow the most rapidly, while construction jobs could struggle to recover positions lost during the recession.

In a CNN interview in early August, Romney said the creation of 250,000 jobs a month is "what happens in a normal process."

"We should be seeing two, three, 400,000 jobs per month to gain much of what’s been lost, that’s what normally happens after a recession," he said.

But Hall said the recovery has been anything but normal and the rebound over the past three years has, in terms of economic growth, amounted to the worst economic recovery on record.

Still, Hall says it has been a "humbling time" for economic policy with the recession testing the limitations of what the government or Federal Reserve can do to spur more robust growth.

"I don't know what more the Federal Reserve or government could have done," he said.
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-mon...grow-despite-who-wins-white-house-in-november

georges

Staff member
I have seen nothing improving since his first term

A man living from afar with binders, a closed mind and blind eyes will see nothing.
A man-child (StanScratch) living in the U.S., with a closed mind wearing rose colored glasses, sees things as they aren't.