• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama Power Grab...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Orlando's Rep. Adams fears Obama power grab

A White House order updating federal emergency powers has raised alarm among some conservative commentators, and U.S. Rep. Sandy Adams, that President Barack Obama is attempting to grab unconstitutional powers.

A columnist with The Washington Times declared the mid-March order — an update of a 60-year-old document outlining the president's authority in a national emergency — "stunning in its audacity and a flagrant violation of the Constitution." The conservative Drudge Report website linked to it with the headline, "Martial Law?"

And Adams, R-Orlando, said it "leaves the door open for the president to give himself control over American resources during both times of peace, and national crisis."

So Adams filed a nonbinding resolution specifying what Obama cannot do with the order — including institute a draft, confiscate personal property and "force civilians to engage in labor against their will or without compensation."

Article

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Yup, saw this elsewhere a few days ago...but if you bring stuff like this up here, and express the opinions I personally have about it, and him, here....well, you know how it ends up....and to be honest, the ones that agree with me, don't need to be told, because they already know, and the ones that don't agree with me, never will, and if I'm right, to bad for them, and if I'm wrong...oh well, at least I made an attempt at preparation.

Deepcover

Closed Account
I'm getting tired reading these Obama threads...why don't you for once talk about America's involvement with Iran, Venezuela, and the so called drug wars that America is terribly handling...I've not heard one person on this board mention Rick Santorum who wants to start wars as soon as possible once he gets elected and he's no better then Obama either. The media is a bunch of bullshit and yet people still believe in what the media dictates.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Type "Obama martial law" into Google and you'll get a whole host of sites, with headlines ranging from roughly what Will posted to "Obama secretly assumed dictatorial power over the entire country!"

Being that one of the sites I noticed on Google (which had one of the most hyperbolic headlines) was also a site which had an alarming headline a few years ago related to the Roman facses, I believe I'll read this in full for myself before I dig my bunker and fill it with bottled water and a sheep. The representation of the fasces symbol within the halls of our government, according to them, meant that "the ultimate path of the U.S. government was toward fascism." The word fascism is derived from "fasces", but that's about it. So rather than depend on those who may or may not have the best of comprehensive abilities, I believe I'll just read for myself and see where that takes me.

But it is an interesting topic. IMO, there's nothing wrong with posting interesting topics, whether they're controversial or not. We need more interesting topics posted on this board. It's when all a person does is post controversial topics just to draw attention to himself, and be an attention whore, that raises a stink. I only know of one person on this board who does that... and it ain't Will E Worm. Who could I be talking about? Who could it be? Who could it be??? ;)

Obama has been more than a MAJOR disappointment in that he hasn't even attempted to accomplish all that he could have due to his foolhardy attempt to get everyone to like him and pander to everyone instead of taking a real stand. However, he's a far better alternative than anything the GOP has to offer. It's going to be Obama vs. the man who really doesn't exist (Romney), as he stands for nothing really. Anyway, I like to consider myself a political junkie and I've NEVER heard of Sandy Adams, so that kinda tells you how serious this whole matter, and inturn article and story is. I really doubt old Sandy is the go to guy for anything major. Just sayin'!

NOBODY in modern times did more to strip us of our basic civil liberties than did Obama's predecessor. good old "W". Again, just sayin'! Or do the ends justify the means when a Republican is involved?

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I'm getting tired reading these Obama threads...why don't you for once talk about America's involvement with Iran, Venezuela, and the so called drug wars that America is terribly handling...I've not heard one person on this board mention Rick Santorum who wants to start wars as soon as possible once he gets elected and he's no better then Obama either. The media is a bunch of bullshit and yet people still believe in what the media dictates.

Then don't open the threads. I'm sure if you do a search on this site YOU WILL find some of what you mentioned, but since Santorum is relatively new to the picture, I think you'll be disappointed. Or better yet, start the threads yourself...I'll gladly participate...however, I think you will find...it still won't take away from the fact that, Obama is clearly a threat to the Constitution, a major disappointment, and no better then Bush or Cheney.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Obama won't go down as my favorite President, whether he serves another term or not. But until Obama starts an unprovoked war under false pretenses, wastes a trillion dollars (+/-) in the process, costing thousands of lives and casualties... I'll gladly take him over Bush/Cheney any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The one vote that I've made in my life, that I would dearly love to have back (and that I'm now SO ashamed that I made), is the vote I cast for W. Bush in 2000. I didn't care for Gore at all. So I guess I should have cast my vote for a 3rd party candidate. But in voting for Bush, I now feel that I had a hand in harming my country. I am sorry. So sorry. :facepalm:

And I would have eaten a bullet in 2008 before I would have cast a vote for Father Time McCain and his dizzy, dim-witted running mate. Not just no, but HELL NO! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Nopey, I've never been bitten by the same dog twice. :nono: