• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama just fucked himself.

Ike Stain

Approved Content Owner
Approved Content Owner
;-)

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
As Ike said... This sadly got into another flame-war, or is heading that way very fast.

Can we all breathe in and out and try to cool it down?

The topic is interesting, and I don't want to close the thread or something.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
If it turns out to be a legal fact that congress is still officially in session, I predict the appointment will be negated. Otherwise, recess appointments are standard fare for all presidents so please stop shrieking that the sky is falling. In essence, how is the intent any different than this?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/01/AR2005080100436.html

:kettle:

That said....I am personally opposed to recess appointments and think they should be done away with. Fact is, they won't be.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
So the official fuck-up count is now:

Obama: 1
Republican Party: somewhere around 17

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
The minority R's in the Senate wouldn't let it go for a vote......where in the Constitution does it say that minority rules the Senate?

As we saw last year with Rand Paul, even one (rogue) Senator can block legislation that has bipartisan support. Sen. Rand Paul blocks pipeline safety bill on principle

I think a lot of the Congressional rules that have been conjured up over the past 30-40 years need to be looked at... and done away with. And the way that the filibuster has been misused really needs to be looked at.

Why must you (as a Mod) constantly stir shit up? If you can't stay on topic and let a debate run its course, please refrain from turning a perfectly good discussion into another of your "I am going to get you, Sam Fisher!" attempts. As a mod, your job certainly isn't to be a troll and come into perfectly good threads and run them off course, is it? I think not. The topic at hand is all over the news.

:kettle:

I'm not sure if this is an issue or a non-issue. (The original point of this thread).

However, I'm amused when I see people excusing Obama because Bush did something. I think we can expect better. I wouldn't set the bar of a president at Bush (43) and just because you followed him doesn't give you a pass on anything.

This isn't a note on Obama, it is a note for the people who like to use the lame excuses.

Jagger69

I'm not sure if this is an issue or a non-issue. (The original point of this thread).

However, I'm amused when I see people excusing Obama because Bush did something. I think we can expect better. I wouldn't set the bar of a president at Bush (43) and just because you followed him doesn't give you a pass on anything.

This isn't a note on Obama, it is a note for the people who like to use the lame excuses.

:facepalm: OK, MS....be amused. If you are referring to my post in particular I'd ask you to consider the fact that guys like Clinton, JFK, Eisenhower and even George Washington made recess appointments. I wasn't using Bush as an excuse for Obama....simply providing a recent example. The point is....this tactic is nothing new.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/a-short-history-of-the-recess-appointment/

:facepalm: OK, MS....be amused. If you are referring to my post in particular I'd ask you to consider the fact that guys like Clinton, JFK, Eisenhower and even George Washington made recess appointments. I wasn't using Bush as an excuse for Obama....simply providing a recent example. The point is....this tactic is nothing new.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/article/a-short-history-of-the-recess-appointment/

I am amused.

I wasn't referring to your post. I find them pretty well though out. I thought I agreed with your premise because I'm not sure if this is an issue or not.

I was commenting on Ike Stain's jumping right to the Invasion of Iraq. Just seemed like more of the same I hear from some. Don't address the issue, just say Bush (43) did worse.

I think what you did was actually discuss the point. It certainly is ok to discuss precedents. There are moments I think that if Obmam blew someone's brains out, there are those who would respond "Bush invaded Iraq".

Jagger69

I am amused.

I wasn't referring to your post. I find them pretty well though out. I thought I agreed with your premise because I'm not sure if this is an issue or not.

I was commenting on Ike Stain's jumping right to the Invasion of Iraq. Just seemed like more of the same I hear from some. Don't address the issue, just say Bush (43) did worse.

I think what you did was actually discuss the point. It certainly is ok to discuss precedents. There are moments I think that if Obmam blew someone's brains out, there are those who would respond "Bush invaded Iraq".

Gotcha. No harm, no foul. :thumbsup: