• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

‘Obama’ filmmaker charged in NY in campaign fraud

I can, I simply don't have any desire to. You're terrible at pontificating, even worse at rhetoric. And this will be the last time I address you. On ignore you go, and this will be a huge improvement for the political section, as your bile is never productive nor insightful.

Glad you have such grand false memories,though. Enjoy them. And goodbye.

The problem with ignore is that when someone replies to the person on the ignore list you can then see the posts. I put someone on my ignore list and the nonsense still appear when someone would reply to their messages.

Oh well, maybe the universe isn't perfect. ;)

Interesting thread started by xfire. The thing is I find myself tending to agree with anyone who throws stones at either party and disagreeing with anyone who supports either party.

The problem with ignore is that when someone replies to the person on the ignore list you can then see the posts. I put someone on my ignore list and the nonsense still appear when someone would reply to their messages.

Oh well, maybe the universe isn't perfect. ;)

Interesting thread started by xfire. The thing is I find myself tending to agree with anyone who throws stones at either party and disagreeing with anyone who supports either party.

What I find funny is that this trip of a guy Phil thinks I'm a Libtard.

When I'm a moderate.

88 Dukakis
92 Bush H
96 Clinton
00 Bush W
04 Kerry
08 Obama
12 Obama

The only reason now I support the Dems, they don't have a my way or the highway Tea Party wing that is way over the top keeping this country down with their non-compromise ideas lead by the Koch Brothers.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
The only reason now I support the Dems, they don't have a my way or the highway Tea Party wing that is way over the top keeping this country down with their non-compromise ideas lead by the Koch Brothers.

Let's not get into the argument about whose nut jobs are better than the other's nut jobs. To argue this is just a practice of denial. George Soros vs the Koch Brothers is also a wash.

Let's not get into the argument about whose nut jobs are better than the other's nut jobs. To argue this is just a practice of denial. George Soros vs the Koch Brothers is also a wash.

Soros yes uses his money in the political theater, but is it wrong with talking about social justice from the Koch brothers who speak for big business greed?

Plus why would the Koch brothers care about a school district in North Carolina when they live in Missouri?
http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...was-disgraceful-use-of-resources-a-commentary

The Koch brothers are big money fascists and racists in my book from Soros.

Philbert

Banned
Soros yes uses his money in the political theater, but is it wrong with talking about social justice from the Koch brothers who speak for big business greed?

Plus why would the Koch brothers care about a school district in North Carolina when they live in Missouri?
http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...was-disgraceful-use-of-resources-a-commentary

That's cause you're too stupid to understand this high a level of reality...it's not what you're used to.

But I'll bet you know who has the Prettiest Pussy, huh?

It's legal to be the Koch Bros or G. Soros...so what's the big deal"?
Money buys both partys' support, and you just don't have the smarts to join in discussing such a difficult subject...:rofl2:
Please, parrot some more Demotard Talking Points...you do sound rather more and more "toolish" with each post.:facepalm:

Philbert

Banned

That's cause you're too stupid to understand this high a level of reality...it's not what you're used to.

But I'll bet you know who has the Prettiest Pussy, huh?

It's legal to be the Koch Bros or G. Soros...so what's the big deal"?
Money buys both partys' support, and you just don't have the smarts to join in discussing such a difficult subject...:rofl2:
Please, parrot some more Demotard Talking Points...you do sound rather more and more "toolish" with each post.:facepalm:

Philbert

Banned
^^^^^^^ :)

But for the ones that have you on ignore, I won't quote you.

Then here...a picture is worth a lot more than a thousand words.

dog-eating-poo.jpg

Buen provecho, MustBePoop.
(I see they've made you their bitch.:rofl2: )

:wave2: To all the hidden :kitty:'s out there!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

:)

Phil's portrait:

download.jpg

Don't get mad....................just smoke another blunt and type another pissed off rant with smileys!

His film wasn't any good to begin with
It wasn't about being "good" or "bad."

D'Souza is a Republican, a minority in the same "Ivy League establishment" that the President heralds from, education-wise. Despite common assumption, most of the established, heavy wealth tend to be very Democratic-leaning, focused on charity and philanthropy. You see similar in US voting, both PhDs and non-HSD/GED voting Democrat, while HSD/GED through Masters tend to vote Republican. First generation millionaires, usually not in the top 0.1%, but 0.2% down to 2% (make 5-6 figures, but saved/worth 7 figures around the top 1% and just below), voting Republican, while multi-generation millionaire families being Democratic.

Even the President himself has been very charitable. You often hear him talk about paying a lower tax rate v. his gross income than his secretary. Of course that's only because his net income is lower because he donates well into 6 figures of charity. But it's easy to pick apart gross income, not just for charity, but especially for someone self-employed or with a small business like a S-corporation, sole proprietorship, etc... when they have extensive expenses or other revenue that they never see as a result of running the business that is tied directly to their personal income.

Because so few Americans have ever handled the finances of a small business, they don't understand how someone can be in the bottom of the top 1%, yet bring home less than $50,000/year to live on. Most are not getting big write-offs for allegedly luxuries either. I've personally been there myself over several years, living on only 20% of what I made gross, because at least over 60% was direct expenses related to very unluxurious travel, basic business expenses and other costs.

D'Souza is also Indian. So his documentary puts forth his theory that the President approaches many policies from the standpoint as, what he feel is, anti-Imperialism. He feels that some views by the President, even different from most other Democrats in the Ivy League establishment, are not focused on existing US wealth not allegedly earned, but more aligned with the US being an Imperialist nation that has pillaged other nations, including great portions of the US as like "pillaged nations." It has merit, although I think D'Souza oversimplfies his argument, and fails to provide broad proof.

However, for those who have read the President's book about his father, it is rather disturbing the regard and views he holds directly from his father, who he knew so little of. That's why, before the President was elected, I never cared about any debates of whether he was a natural born American or of Islamic faith. My questions were always where the President got his values, especially having being a socialite elite, Ivy League and otherwise out-of-touch with a small business person. I held the same contempt for W. as well, just to be fair.

It was Obama's own voting in the state of Illinois that disturbed me the most, and carried over to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), especially the portions the US Supreme Court did rule Unconstitutional. The law stood, but several sections were changed, especially most sections where the 30-something US state attorneys, and not all from alleged Republican states that most of the media tried to paint as, where costs were increased for them. The US federal government had to take on the fiscal costs as a tax, and not use other methods to fund, such as via state revenues.

So while I think D'Souza failed to provide much evidence for his argument, the theory itself deserves more expansion. It does at least try to explain why the President has his views. So it's not so much anti-Obama as trying to explain Obama, even if it is clearly in a negative light from the standpoint of D'Souza. D'Souza is clearly relating to the same, general, negative regard of how many Indians hold the British, and how that sometimes drives negativity that is not productive for the good of India.

I love how the left and right in the US try to make the "you're billionaires are worse" arguments. A lot of the current issues were started by both sides of the isle, and they are heavily backed by big business that caters to both. This farce that it's only one or the other is non-sense.

The only fiscal realities I've ever noted where there is a clear bias away from one party with a heavy amount of funding are lawyers. They favor Democrats, and Libertarians, far, far more than Republicans.

Anyone who was around for Chinagate and Loral can quickly show that defense contractors can show a lot of love for Democrats, especially during peacetime with huge R&D projects. A lot of them were more than willing to work with Democratic Congressmen during the Reagan administration. Pork is pork.

Member, I'm a moderate. Voted for both parties for Prez more than once. I just feel in today's USA political landscape, the Koch brothers with the TEA Party are holding this country back, because of business cycles that have worked in the past with the Gov part is not being implied with the recession that started in 2008. Meaning this recession should ended in the spring of 2011.

IMO, it is racism, trying to make 1/2 African American look like a complete failure is the reason the GOP in the House does nothing but passes no teeth resolutions over and over trying to scrap Obamacare.

But I do agree both parties take sides from business interest.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
The only fiscal realities I've ever noted where there is a clear bias away from one party with a heavy amount of funding are lawyers. They favor [...]Libertarians...
That strikes me as oddly self-defeating.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I hope he gets prison time.

http://news.yahoo.com/dsouza-pleads...xNjdrBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDIyN18x

D'Souza pleads guilty to campaign finance violation

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a campaign finance law violation, avoiding a trial that had been expected to begin the same day in a Manhattan federal court.

D'Souza, known for his biting criticism of President Barack Obama, pleaded guilty to one criminal count of making illegal contributions in the names of others. A second count concerning the making of false statements is expected to be dismissed once he is sentenced.

The plea came four months after Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara charged D'Souza with using "straw donors" to give funds in 2012 to Republican W3ndy Long's U.S. Senate campaign in New York. Long, who met D'Souza while they were students in the 1980s, lost to Democratic incumbent Kirsten Gillibrand.

"I knew that causing a campaign contribution to be made in the name of another was wrong and something the law forbids," D'Souza, 53, told U.S. District Judge Berman on Tuesday. "I deeply regret my conduct."

Prosecutors said D'Souza asked two friends and their spouses to contribute $10,000 each to Long's campaign and then reimbursed them. At the time, campaign finance regulations limited individual donations to a maximum of $5,000 during an election cycle.

One of the friends was Denise Joseph, who was engaged to D'Souza while he was still married to another woman. D'Souza resigned as president of King's College, a small Christian school in New York City, after the media revealed his relationship with Joseph in 2012.

The criminal case against D'Souza prompted an outcry among some conservatives who accused the government of selectively prosecuting him because of his political views.

The Indian-born D'Souza wrote the 2010 bestseller "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and co-directed a 2012 film, "2016: Obama's America," which painted a bleak picture of the nation's future if the Democratic president was reelected.

Bharara is an Obama appointee.

Earlier this year, four Republican senators asked FBI Director James Comey to explain how investigators came to focus on D'Souza. The Washington Times, a right-leaning newspaper, on Monday published an editorial accusing the Justice Department of selective prosecution.

In a previous court filing, D'Souza's lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, said his client was singled out for his criticism of Obama.

Berman, however, ruled D'Souza was not entitled to seek government evidence that could have bolstered that argument, saying there was no sign D’Souza had been targeted.

Lawyers for both sides agreed that under advisory federal sentencing guidelines, D'Souza faces between 10 and 16 months in prison. Brafman, however, indicated he would ask Berman not to impose prison time, telling reporters D'Souza is a "fundamentally honorable man" who had committed an "isolated instance of wrongdoing."

D'Souza, who was a policy adviser for President Ronald Reagan and has worked with conservative institutions such as the American Enterprise Institute, declined to comment.

The case is U.S. v. D'Souza, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 14-cr-00034

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I was rooting for a stint in Club Fed for big mouth D'Souza but all he's getting is probation. Poor him, he desperately needed to find another use for his flapping gums. At any rate Douche'Souza is now a convicted felon, a label he truly earned.

http://news.yahoo.com/dsouza-gets-community-confinement-election-law-violation-174041191.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza avoided prison on Tuesday when a U.S. judge sentenced him to serve eight months in a community confinement center after he pleaded guilty to violating campaign finance law.

D'Souza, 53, was ordered by U.S. District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan to live in a center, which would allow him to leave during non-residential hours for employment, for the first eight months of a five-year probationary period.

Berman also ordered D'Souza to perform one day of community service a week during probation, undergo weekly therapy and pay a $30,000 fine.

D'Souza, a frequent critic of U.S. President Barack Obama, admitted in May to illegally reimbursing two "straw donors" who donated $10,000 each to the unsuccessful 2012 U.S. Senate campaign in New York of [NOBABE]Wendy Long[/NOBABE], a Republican he had known since attending Dartmouth College in the early 1980s.

"It was a crazy idea, it was a bad idea," D'Souza told Berman before being sentenced. "I regret breaking the law."

Prosecutors had sought a 10-to 16-month prison sentence, rejecting defense arguments that D'Souza was "ashamed and contrite" about his crime and deserved probation with community service.

They cited statements D'Souza made in media interviews after his guilty plea, where he discussed being "selectively" targeted for prosecution.

Berman appeared to accept the prosecutors' position, playing a video in which D'Souza talked about selective prosecution - an effort at "spin," the judge said.

"I'm not sure, Mr. D'Souza, that you get it," Berman said before announcing the sentence. "And it is still hard for me to discern any personal acceptance of responsibility in this case."

The case has prompted criticism among some conservatives who accused the government of selectively prosecuting D'Souza because of his political views. Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, whose office brought the case, is an Obama appointee.

Despite comments early in the hearing, Berman ultimately decided against prison, instead ordering community confinement. Benjamin Brafman, D'Souza's lawyer, had argued no defendant in a case like D'Souza's had previously been sent to prison.

"I'm just relieved and want to thank the judge for imposing a fair sentence," D'Souza said after Tuesday's hearing.

The Indian-born D'Souza wrote the 2010 bestseller "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and co-directed a 2012 film, "2016: Obama's America," which painted a bleak picture of the nation's future if the Democratic president was reelected.

Prosecutors said D'Souza asked two friends and their spouses to contribute $10,000 each to Long's campaign and then reimbursed them.

Campaign finance regulations at the time limited individual donations to $5,000 maximum during an election cycle.

One friend was Denise Joseph, who was engaged to D'Souza while he was still married to another woman.

Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara said in a statement that "like many others before him, of all political stripes, he has had to answer for this crime - here with a felony conviction."

The case is U.S. v. D'Souza, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 14-cr-00034.

http://news.yahoo.com/conservative-scholar-faces-sentencing-050300816.html

NEW YORK (AP) — A conservative scholar behind a high-grossing film condemning President Barack Obama was ordered Tuesday to spend eight months in community confinement and undergo therapeutic counseling for arranging straw donors for a Senate candidate.

Dinesh D'Souza was spared from prison even though U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman said the defendant continues to deflect responsibility and minimize his crime. Berman repeatedly criticized D'Souza, a one-time policy analyst under President Ronald Reagan who wrote a bestselling book and earns hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in speaking engagements.

"I think I have figured out a little bit more about Mr. D'Souza," Berman said. "He's a talker. In fact, he's almost a compulsive talker. I don't think he's a listener."

The judge also fined the 53-year-old San Diego resident $30,000 and ordered him to teach English to non-English speaking people eight hours a week during probation. The court-ordered counseling is to last for five years.

Federal sentencing guidelines called for D'Souza to serve a year in prison after he pleaded guilty in May, admitting he arranged for straw donors to contribute $20,000 to New York Republican [NOBABE]Wendy Long[/NOBABE]'s failed U.S. Senate bid.

Berman said he thought a probationary sentence was appropriate but added: "I do think that it's important to put some teeth into the probationary period."

D'Souza seemed relieved when Berman ruled out prison. His attorney, Benjamin Brafman, patted his shoulder.

D'Souza told the judge he was embarrassed. The prolific author who made the 2012 documentary "2016: Obama's America" said he was motivated by his longtime friendship with Long.

The India-born naturalized U.S. citizen said he knew her from Dartmouth University, where she and other close friends helped him escape an identity crisis after he came to America at age 17.

D'Souza said he was initially unsupportive of Long's "longshot" effort to unseat Democratic incumbent Kirsten Gillibrand.

"I told Wendy: 'Don't do it. You have delicate wings and they're going to be clipped.'"

He said he felt bad he couldn't make appearances and do other things on her behalf as it became apparent her "campaign's a joke."

"I got the stupid idea," he said of his plan to funnel money to an unwitting Long. "I wish I didn't do something so bad and so stupid. ... I chose to help her in the worst possible way."

He said he had suffered financially and from public embarrassment.

The charges came soon after he resigned his $600,000 job as head of an evangelical college in Manhattan after a published report claimed he attended a conference with his fiancee while he was still married.

During the hearing, Berman showed a video of a television appearance in which D'Souza claimed he was selectively prosecuted and decided not to go to trial after Berman made rulings narrowing his legal options.

"That's nonsense. Spin is what that is," Berman said.

The judge said D'Souza's claims he was singled out for prosecution and attempts to blame Obama were more proof he "continues to deflect and minimize the significance of the crimes and his behavior."

"I'm not sure Mr. D'Souza gets it and it's hard for me to discern any personal acceptance of responsibility in this case," Berman said.