• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Obama campaign's new ad paints Romney as a job-killing, economic “vampire”

Mitt Romney, a job-killing economic "vampire"? That's the message of a new ad by President Barack Obama's reelection campaign, which aims to turn the presumptive Republican nominee's business record into a liability as voters worry about the struggling economy.
A two-minute version of the new video will run in Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado and Virginia. A six-minute version is available on a new Obama campaign site that is specifically devoted to criticizing Romney's approach to economic issues. Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul said the former Massachusetts governor welcomed Team Obama's "attempt to pivot back to jobs and a discussion of their failed record."
The Obama campaign ad focuses on Bain Capital's misadventures with GST steel of Kansas City and features former steelworkers describing what they saw between the time Bain bought the firm in 1993 and filed to put it in bankruptcy in 2001. (Romney left Bain in 1999).
"It was like a vampire. They came in and sucked the life out of us," says one of the men. "What Bain Capital did was not capitalism, it was bad management," says David Foster, lead negotiator for workers at GST Steel. Former steelworker Joe Soptic accuses Bain of cutting corners on safety, saying "it was like working in the sweatshops of the '30s," and that watching the plant close was "like watching an old friend bleed to death."
"It makes me angry," Soptic says. "Those guys were all rich. They all have more money than they'll ever spend. They have more money than their families will ever spend. Yet they didn't have the money to take care of the very people that made the money for them."
In January, the Reuters news agency published a long analysis of Romney and Bain's record with GST, along with his record in private equity overall. (Of note: The plant's owners approached Bain Capital "because it had earned a sterling reputation for turning companies around.")
The new ad drew immediate fire from a former economic adviser to the president, Steven Rattner, dubbed the "Car Czar" because he oversaw the Administration's automobile industry overhaul. Interviewed on MSNBC, the investment banker and private equity financier bluntly declared "I think the ad is unfair." Noting the video's focus on lost jobs, Rattner said "this is part of capitalism, this is part of life, and I don't think there's anything Bain Capital did that they need to be embarrassed about."

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-campaigns-ad-paints-romney-job-killing-economic-150737213.html

I don't like this kind of advertisement. I mean, instead of telling how much Romney's bad, can't they talk about their policy, about what the're gonna do for America and its citizens, about how are they gonna improve the life of the american people ?

Mayhem

Banned
I don't like this kind of advertisement. I mean, instead of telling how much Romney's bad, can't they talk about their policy, about what the're gonna do for America its citizens, about hore are they gonna improvve the life of the american people ?

There it is. All your concerns will be addressed by not voting for Romney. :thumbsup:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Obama is the job killer.

No on the Keystone pipeline.
Obamacare is a job killer
He hates coal and gas

OBAMANOMICS: Five Ways Obama Killed Jobs
Link

Romney comes in cuts the fat tries to make a company profitable. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. What Barry and his dumb liberal unionistas don't seem to realize is that there is a global workforce of over 2.5 billion and it's growing every year. Any company owner that wants to stay in business will go for the cheapest labor to deliver the goods at the counter back home at a competitive price. Why would any company owner stay here and have to deal with over priced retarded unionistas bitching and moaning.

Romney comes in cuts the fat tries to make a company profitable. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work. What Barry and his dumb liberal unionistas don't seem to realize is that there is a global workforce of over 2.5 billion and it's growing every year. Any company owner that wants to stay in business will go for the cheapest labor to deliver the goods at the counter back home at a competitive price. Why would any company owner stay here and have to deal with over priced retarded unionistas bitching and moaning.

So, your fair solution for the betterment the vast majority of Americans would be what to that, really? I'm curious to hear your answer. Keep in mind if we really wanted to compete, and lets be honest with ourselves here, we would pretty much have to go back to having most Americans working under slave conditions reminiscent of 19th century coal mining company towns.

I hate to break it to you, but we either tightly control and regulate businesses and trade from other places or we go back to that. There is no middle ground with economically competing with that any other way. We can't even half ass it and go part way there and compete. To think so or to think Americans are just going to somehow all get high paying jobs is living in a fairy tail world.

So, how do you propose we "compete" with those other people and still have any humane and ethical society?

So, your fair solution for the betterment the vast majority of Americans would be what to that, really? I'm curious to hear your answer. Keep in mind if we really wanted to compete, and lets be honest with ourselves here, we would pretty much have to go back to having most Americans working under slave conditions reminiscent of 19th century coal mining company towns.

I hate to break it to you, but we either tightly control and regulate businesses and trade from other places or we go back to that. There is no middle ground with economically competing with that any other way. We can't even half ass it and go part way there and compete. To think so or to think Americans are just going to somehow all get high paying jobs is living in a fairy tail world.

So, how do you propose we "compete" with those other people and still have any humane and ethical society?

How do we compete? Start getting educated, dump the teachers unions and every union for that matter, relax all rules to setting up businesses, lower the fuck out of corp tax, make the entire US as business friendly as freaking possible (California and it's loony leftists should take note as they're the worst state in the union to have a business in). Either that or start building the Berlin Wall and re-energize a global cold war to cut off the millions of new workers coming into the global workforce every year.
Get all of our kids to start taking engineering and the physical sciences no more half assed basket weaving degrees in order to effectively compete with the other countries.

So I guess it's a race to the bottom. Workers don't need any safety measures if it will hinder profits. Let's have these blue collar shlubs breath asbestos, drink lead in their water. We don't need OSHA or the EPA. I would like to get the same air quality China has over here in the US.

Actually you are wrong about how these things work. Companies like Bain come in, split it into two - One company gets the assets, the other gets the obligation to workers. The first company with assets pushes the old workers out in favor of newer ones with lower wages and reduced benefits. While the shell company with the pensions goes into bankruptcy shifting costs to federal insurance programs which filled Romney's pockets. Classic case of socialized loss and privatized gain

Actually you are wrong about how these things work. Companies like Bain come in, split it into two - One company gets the assets, the other gets the obligation to workers. The first company with assets pushes the old workers out in favor of newer ones with lower wages and reduced benefits. While the shell company with the pensions goes into bankruptcy shifting costs to federal insurance programs which filled Romney's pockets. Classic case of socialized loss and privatized gain

It's no different than Lorenzo and Eastern Airlines. Either way a company that is losing money will end up on the chopping block, with the most salvageable parts kept, the rest thrown out to pasture. Might not be morally correct but business is business.

I would like to get the same air quality China has over here in the US.

That will never happen. We've had the shitty air quality that Nixon clamped down upon back in 1971. In China the environment is a tool to be used by the State, how it ends up is of no consequence to the Party.

Lets take him out to the woodshed and kick his ass.

:facepalm:

It's no different than Lorenzo and Eastern Airlines. Either way a company that is losing money will end up on the chopping block, with the most salvageable parts kept, the rest thrown out to pasture. Might not be morally correct but business is business..

Except that many of these companies were not losing money, they just wanted to squeeze more out of it.

Well they're aren't any laws saying they couldn't buy them.

I didn't say it was illegal, what the robber barrons did wasn't illegal too at the time, the question is whether it's the right thing to do when so many livelihoods are at stake.