• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NY judge halts Bloomberg ban on large sugary drinks

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I was referencing NY's recent 9 round magazine ban. Personally, I shouldn't have to pay for someone's cigarette smoking, diabetes-ingesting lifestyle. Maybe someone should look at the insurance companies rather than push endless laws down our throats and reward bad behavior of people who have no self control.

How about this. Point out that in soda there's as many chemicals as in a generic cigarette.

Oh OK gotcha. Someone should absolutely look at insurance companies. There should be sweeping reform but that's another topic for another thread. I have no objection to clear warnings being posted on sugary drink labels ala cigarette packs at all. In fact, warning labels should probably be posted on anything that might be hazardous to your health.

Yup, this was a stupid idea. You can't force people to not be fat, no matter how bad it is for them.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Oh OK gotcha. Someone should absolutely look at insurance companies. There should be sweeping reform but that's another topic for another thread. I have no objection to clear warnings being posted on sugary drink labels ala cigarette packs at all. In fact, warning labels should probably be posted on anything that might be hazardous to your health.

So they put pics of people with cancer on packs of cigarettes... would they put pics of obese people on cans of soda instead of the uber fit glam models. Next, beer cans...

So they put pics of people with cancer on packs of cigarettes... would they put pics of obese people on cans of soda instead of the uber fit glam models. Next, beer cans...

Put a picture of an obese person on the side of a 32 oz fountain sugar drink with the words "Drink up fat ass! Enjoy your big fat belly, diabetes, heart disease, and impotence!"

Just a suggestion.

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Put a picture of an obese person on the side of a 32 oz fountain sugar drink with the words "Drink up fat ass! Enjoy your big fat belly, diabetes, heart disease, and impotence!"

Just a suggestion.

Works for me. My kid doesn't even drink soda. He understands the health related negatives involved with it. And he's 9! Why is this so hard to understand?

Works for me. My kid doesn't even drink soda. He understands the health related negatives involved with it. And he's 9! Why is this so hard to understand?

I'm really kinda apathetic to the whole thing. I wish people were healthier, but it is a choice. In some cases its education.

I hate the feeling when I have an extra 5lbs on me. So, I don't really understand how people can deal with extra weight.

Kidding aside...not judging. People are different.