• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NY Governor Cuomo (D): "We're not going to Make America Great Again; it was never that great."

Re: NY Governor Cuomo (D): "We're not going to Make America Great Again; it was never that great."

Never perfect? Yes. Never great? Horseshit. Fuck that sonofabitch.

Re: NY Governor Cuomo (D): "We're not going to Make America Great Again; it was never that great."

despite his staff and the democrat media wing trying to walk back and make excuses for his statement, this fucking moron doubles down:

Cuomo attacked Trump in a follow-up tweet, describing how the president’s idea of what a great America would look like “would not be great at all. We will not go back to discrimination, segregation, sexism, isolationism, racism or the KKK,” Cuomo said. “Like NY's motto says: Excelsior—Ever Upward (not backward).”

Yeah, that's what President Trump's idea of great looks like. Not record unemployment, unprecedented economic growth, fixing trade imbalances, etc. He literally wants to bring back segregation and the KKK.

He sounds like certain people here.

You fuck libs. How are you this fucking stupid? How is that even possible?

An incredibly stupid thing to say.
I mean, I think I "get" what his underlying thought process was, but what came out of his mouth was a complete cluster fuck that he'll likely never be able to distance himself from.
Oh well, I was never much of a Cuomo fan anyway.

In a similar vein, during his apology tour in Finland our president characterized America as having been "foolish" while standing right next to Putin. But somehow that's acceptable :)

An incredibly stupid thing to say.
I mean, I think I "get" what his underlying thought process was, but what came out of his mouth was a complete cluster fuck that he'll likely never be able to distance himself from.
Oh well, I was never much of a Cuomo fan anyway.

In a similar vein, during his apology tour in Finland our president characterized America as having been "foolish" while standing right next to Putin. But somehow that's acceptable :)

Characterizing America as "foolish" (which it has been) is not exactly the same as that it "was never that great."

No country is going to be perfect in an imperfect world, but we're grading on the curve of world history here.

In an earlier apologetic to Putin he responded to a comment about the bad things Putin has done by noting that we have done bad things too. But somehow that's acceptable too

Who knew conservative patriotism was so complicated :dunno:

Characterizing America as "foolish" (which it has been)

But gee...when Obama pointed that out he was absolutely trashed for hating America.

No country is going to be perfect in an imperfect world, but we're grading on the curve of world history here.

This I agree with. Always have.

In an earlier apologetic to Putin he responded to a comment about the bad things Putin has done by noting that we have done bad things too. But somehow that's acceptable too

Who knew conservative patriotism was so complicated :dunno:

Characterizing America as "foolish" (which it has been)

But gee...when Obama pointed that out he was absolutely trashed for hating America.

again, this country isn't perfect which isn't the same as saying this country isn't/hasn't been great or exceptional.

and keep this in context. Obama said that in front front of the assembled muslim brotherhood in Egypt during his apologize for America tour.

Is this the alleged tour based on his "american has at times been arrogant" comment?
Which...speaking of context....I assume you've read in context, yes?

again, this country isn't perfect which isn't the same as saying this country isn't/hasn't been great or exceptional.

And again I agree with that.

But still wondering why it's ok for Trump to make note of our foibles on an international stage but not ok for Obama to do so.

Obama professes his belief in American exceptionalism while at the same time arguing against exceptionalism:

I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism. I’m enormously proud of my country and its role and history in the world. If you think about the site of this summit and what it means, I don’t think America should be embarrassed to see evidence of the sacrifices of our troops, the enormous amount of resources that were put into Europe postwar, and our leadership in crafting an Alliance that ultimately led to the unification of Europe. We should take great pride in that.

He left out Papua New Guinea. I'm sure they believe they're exceptional too.

If everyone is exceptional, then no one is.

But to be expected from our calypso-singing banana-boat "you didn't build that" former president.

If everyone is exceptional, then no one is.

???
Where did he say everyone is exceptional? Based on the quote provided he didn't even say Britain and Greece are, he said he suspects their people believe they are.

And...you've been talking above about greatness being judged in a relative sense...how is it exceptionalism can't be as well?

exceptional: 1) unusual; not typical. 2) unusually good; outstanding.

I'm not understanding how believing we're the greatest and most exceptional nation on the planet precludes other nations from having great or exceptional qualities :dunno:

But to be expected from our calypso-singing banana-boat "you didn't build that" former president.

Yeah I hear that. Much better to have a president who encourages a boycott against an iconic american company.

Anyhoo, I'm off to pray to Mecca.

???
Where did he say everyone is exceptional? Based on the quote provided he didn't even say Britain and Greece are, he said he suspects their people believe they are.

Yes, just like he believes America is. In other words: "I believe America is exceptional, but so do a bunch of other countries." Wow. Way to make a statement there. Hell, if Greece believes they are exceptional, then the rest of the world can. And definition 2: Unusually good; outstanding was what he was referring to in that context.

Anyhoo, I'm off to pray to Mecca.

fun fact: Muhammhad once directed his followers to pray to Jerusalem until the jews he wished to convert basically told him to fuck off. So Mecca it is.

America's exceptionalism is BS.

When you look at American History, you realise there's nothing really exceptionnal

Americans like to picture America as the best country in the world, which is pure BS. There's no factual element to support that claim. It's just some nationalist BS

When you look at American History, you realise there's nothing really exceptionnal

Americans like to picture America as the best country in the world, which is pure BS. There's no factual element to support that claim. It's just some nationalist BS

Starting these little dumpster fires aren’t going to work Pepe.
We’re exceptional there is not another place like the United States on earth. We’re exceptional because people like you hang on to our every word. Deal with it.

Actually, given the immigration situation throughout our history (both legal and illegal) it's not just Americans who have that picture.

I certainly am not going to ride an innertube through shark-infested waters to reach a country that "was never that great" or is at most as great as modern day Greece.

In other words, I'm not going to risk life and limb to merely go from shitty to less-shitty.

there had better be one helluva golden land of opportunity at the end of this harrowing journey.

Name a country that is better. Name a country that does more for others and contributes more to others.

We wouldn't have an illegal immigrant problem if America was viewed as being great...

georges

Staff member

Name a country that is better. Name a country that does more for others and contributes more to others.

We wouldn't have an illegal immigrant problem if America was viewed as being great...

You ask too much from him.

Like Cynthia Nixon said, Cuomo was trying to speak like a progressive and failed big time. I hope she kicks his ass in the primary. I'm sick of all these corporate Dems. And Cuomo is the poster boy