• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
Adults who play regularly all sorts of internet, TV and mobile phone games.

wywry.jpg

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
No more abnormal then grown people shoving their religious beliefs down everyone else,s throats, or constantly inserting Jesus Christ into everything.

Yeah....I'm talking about you.

And yes, I play video games...I especially love war, and real time strategy....video game violence, has saved many people from a good smack...imaginary violence, and Valium.....lots and lots of Valium.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Completely normal. I've been playing video games since I was a kid, and will continue to do so until they stop coming out with good games.

However, I do think that this world is becoming way too obsessed with technology. Everyone's always got their faces stuffed into cell phones, ipads, nooks, laptops, etc. no matter where they are or who they're with. At some point people should get their faces out of screens and actually live their lives.

Though personally I think it's worse with kids. When I was a kid, I was outside playing in the woods, building forts, playing hide and seek, tag, and other games, or inside playing with my siblings or cousins playing board games, make believe games like "house" and playing with stuffed animals and toy cars. I didn't get a cell phone until I was about 17. Nowadays, kids as little as the age of 4 are getting all sorts of gadgets- cell phones, ipads, ipods, mp3 players, all sorts of things. It's ridiculous. No kid should be using those things so young. Kids should be out playing with their friends and family, playing kickball, making mud pies, building forts, playing games with each other.

Bah humbug.

GodsEmbryo

Closed Account
I don't see anything wrong with it. I do play some games and even enjoy watching people playing games on youtube without actually playing those games myself. Harley has a point. Kids are bombarded with all kind of technology and live their lives digitally. While an adult in general takes more responsability, kids get carried away easily playing games, chatting on the net, messaging friends etc for hours and houts. I wonder what kind of impact that's going to have on health and interaction.

No more abnormal then grown people shoving their religious beliefs down everyone else,s throats, or constantly inserting Jesus Christ into everything.

Yeah....I'm talking about you.

Let's say that Jesus is a man of peace.

The same can not be said of the people who produce games.

But if they can be used to relase agression as you said then they have some meaning.

Completely normal.

However, I do think that this world is becoming way too obsessed with technology. Everyone's always got their faces stuffed into cell phones, ipads, nooks, laptops, etc. no matter where they are or who they're with. At some point people should get their faces out of screens and actually live their lives.

Though personally I think it's worse with kids. When I was a kid, I was outside playing in the woods, building forts, playing hide and seek, tag, and other games, or inside playing with my siblings or cousins playing board games, make believe games like "house" and playing with stuffed animals and toy cars.

Maybe it is normal, but it is also little bit funny; adults shoot pixel characters

-Yes and if the trend continues like this soon hardly anyone will discuss face to face anymore.

Nice to hear that you had a chance to play the real games.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I do play some games and even enjoy watching people playing games on youtube

kids get carried away easily playing games, chatting on the net, messaging friends etc for hours and houts. I wonder what kind of impact that's going to have on health and interaction.

-One game now and then does not hurt anyone if they are legal.

-It is not very healty to sit for hours and watch the screen.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
As long as one hand is on the bong and the other wrapped around your wiener it sounds like a productive day to me. Draw the blinds, unplug the phone, and embrace the romance of isolation. Darkness brings you peace and the cold will give you warmth.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Let's say that Jesus is a man of peace.

The same can not be said of the people who produce games.

But if they can be used to relase agression as you said then they have some meaning.

Of course he was a man of peace...then man proceeded to impose their will on all of those that refused to believe, and slaughtered "non believers" in the name of our lord. Just so you know, Christianity hasn't always practiced what it preaches.

How do you know what the people that write the code for, and market the sale of those games are like. It's beyond preposterous, that you would be so arrogant as to assume YOU KNOW, the people involved in the production of a video game are violent, or evil, just because the game contains violence. They're doing a job.

I don't even know what in the hell the last line means....and I really don't want to. Please don't explain.

It's stupidly normal. A hell of a lot of the generation that first played the simple "turn it on and play" cartridge-based consoles like the NES and especially the Super NES and Mega Drive/Genesis are now in their 30s and still gaming, even if they only play one type of game - the Call of Duty dorks, the FIFA/Football Manager obsessives. Some of us will be gamers until the day we die.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
It's stupidly normal. A hell of a lot of the generation that first played the simple "turn it on and play" cartridge-based consoles like the NES and especially the Super NES and Mega Drive/Genesis are now in their 30s and still gaming, even if they only play one type of game - the Call of Duty dorks, the FIFA/Football Manager obsessives. Some of us will be gamers until the day we die.

Yep. I used to play Donkey Kong, Zelda, Diablo, Nox, Mario, Call of Duty, Need for Speed, God of War, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Doom, Twisted Metal, etc. and nowdays I pretty much stick with RPGs, specifically the Elder Scrolls series for the past few years. And as you said, I'll no doubt still be playing video games til I'm an old lady.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I don't play them since that is not my thing. I play my horses and poker. For that matter let's throw in movies and bars. Concerts and sports. Same thing. In all cases it is entertainment. If someone is spending their fun time doing thumb exercises, with a beer, munching on some wings, on their couch. making no noise, then what's the big deal? Should these adults be reading books instead? That's not for anyone to say. Don't make judgments about how anyone should spend free time.

It's the new normal. The video game business is bigger than hollywood.

Yes, I will be playing Madden and Call of Duty iterations until I become too arthritic to hold a controller. But by then we'll be able to control a game with our thoughts so I've got until full on dementia sets in.

Of course he was a man of peace...then man proceeded to impose their will on all of those that refused to believe, and slaughtered "non believers" in the name of our lord. Just so you know, Christianity hasn't always practiced what it preaches.

I've heard this story many times and I say that those who took part in the crusades were not Christians.

They were power hungry imperialists and satan's minions.

If you do not follow the sixht commandment you are not a Christian.

If someone is spending their fun time doing thumb exercises, with a beer, munching on some wings, on their couch. making no noise, then what's the big deal? Should these adults be reading books instead? That's not for anyone to say. Don't make judgments about how anyone should spend free time.

True, we can not interfere in other people's hobbies.

They do what they want, but the subject is not taboo so we can discuss this issue.

It's the new normal. The video game business is bigger than hollywood.

Yes, I will be playing Madden and Call of Duty iterations until I become too arthritic to hold a controller. But by then we'll be able to control a game with our thoughts so I've got until full on dementia sets in.

You do not give up so you are a true player.

Normal and in the wrong forum section.

This is not actual game thread but rather behavior and culture conversation.

I sometimes hide away and play half-life or team fortress (had it for about 15 years now I think)

I'm far from normal.

What's normal ? And what isn't ?
Who decides what is normal and what isn't ?

What's normal ? And what isn't ?
Who decides what is normal and what isn't ?

I think that majority decides its.

People think that it is unusal to walk down the street naked so most of the people wear clothes when they go to a puplic place.