• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Non-Presidential U.S. Elections

Some U.S. elections that are NOT the Presidential election:

The Senate will have 56-59 Democrats (probably closer to 56), short of a supermajority.

Alaska appears to have elected a convicted felon to the Senate who will probably not be allowed to serve his term. Expect to see "Senator Sarah Palin" in January.

All three states that had ballot issues banning gay marriage have banned it (Arizona, California, Florida), and Arkansas has banned adoption by gay couples.

All four states that had ballot issues limiting abortion or stem cell research have continued to allow it (California, Colorado, Michigan, South Dakota).

Nebraska has ended affirmative action, but Colorado is way too close to call (margin of 13,000 votes out of almost 2 million with 87% reporting).

Only one governor's seat changed parties (Missouri). The other nine remained status quo.

The Democrats picked up 16-26 seats in the House, but that only increases their existing majority.

Very interesting development happening....Colorado has both senators democrat for a first time in a long time. The dems became very bold as Barack was the heavily poll favorite and they were not hidding their intentions, so the country wants to go to the far left. Interesting four years

The worst development is that douchepump Al Franken may actually be part of our government. :crash:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
They can come to Connecticut. We're going to start gay marriages on November 12.

Aww, I bet you're pretty pumped about that, huh? You've been waiting a long time for this sort of equality, haven't you?

This is a man ---> :lovecoupl <--- this is ALSO a man!

Aww, I bet you're pretty pumped about that, huh? You've been waiting a long time for this sort of equality, haven't you?

This is a man ---> :lovecoupl <--- this is ALSO a man!

:rofl: I am wondering how many gay couples are going to get married though. I've never been against it because it wasn't that long ago that interracial marriages were illegal so I see this as another step in the right direction.

The town of Beaver (which is nearby us here in Wisconsin) narrowly voted to allow the use of All-Terrain Vehicles on all town roads. The measure passed in a real nail-biter by a vote of 318-300. :tongue:

Seriously, though, good thread and run down No Man.

I'm happy that America voted against all the anti-abortion ballot initiatives. But it is sad that America chose to reveal a nationwide homophobia as well. The homophobia reached into all racial segments too.

Massachusetts took the first step to decriminalize marijuana possession too. If you get caught with 1 oz or less in Massachusetts, you get your pot taken away and you pay a $100 fine. I don't smoke or use so I don't know if 1 oz is a "realistic" amount?

The town of Beaver (which is nearby us here in Wisconsin) narrowly voted to allow the use of All-Terrain Vehicles on all town roads. The measure passed in a real nail-biter by a vote of 318-300. :tongue:

Seriously, though, good thread and run down No Man.

well they are ALL terrain vehicles, right?

@Trock- an ounce is a pretty typical amount of pot for the average joe to have for "personal use". I wouldn't really be walking around with it though, if I was inclined. you only need 2 joints.

and WTF conneticut is more "liberal" than california?

Very interesting development happening....Colorado has both senators democrat for a first time in a long time. The dems became very bold as Barack was the heavily poll favorite and they were not hidding their intentions, so the country wants to go to the far left. Interesting four years

Finally. This place has been waaaaaayyyyyy to conservative for too long. Nice to see people loosening up a bit.

Now if we could find a way to make Focus on the Family disappear from our great state.........

All three states that had ballot issues banning gay marriage have banned it (Arizona, California, Florida), and Arkansas has banned adoption by gay couples.

I was just reading about this more and felt like I should clarify my original post. The major news networks characterized the issue as a ban on adoption by gay couples, mainly because that's what incited it. However, the actual ballot item is a ban on adoption and fostering by any unmarried couple. Since Arkansas also has a ban on gay marriage, this makes it impossible for gay couples to adopt. But, to be complete accurate, it is also now illegal for straight couples who live together to adopt as well.