• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Nintendo Switch worth keeping?

I bought a Nintendo Switch about 9 months ago. I played Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. I still have Zelda: Breath of The Wild, Mario Tennis Aces, and Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle but haven't played them yet. I've been too busy on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 that I hardly have any time for my Switch. I know there are some good games that were announced like Pokemon Shield and Sword, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3, Animal Crossing, Bayonetta 3, Zelda: Link's Awakening, etc. I really can't keep up with these games and consoles. I have to let one go. I use XB1 the most, PS4 would come in second, and I haven't used my Switch in the past 2 months. Would the obvious choice be to sell it? I'm leaning towards that right now.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I didn't buy a Switch because I played BotW on Wii U. But I've always been curious. I'm playing PS4 which I opted for instead and am pretty happy with it for the most part. Xbox never was my jam.

Whatever you play the least, that's your best bet. Check if there's anything good coming out first.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Nintendo is kinda like a movie on your favorites list ~ you know its a good flick, but you gotta be in the right mood to watch it.

I havent had a handheld (that isnt a phone, at least) since 2009 ~ I simply find no use for them.
The switch is just a gaming tablet. It isnt anything special on your HDTV and it isnt anything special as a portable.
Some people like playing the same games over and over. (Kart, Metroid, Mario) You arent one of them? Dump it.

Nintendo is kinda like a movie on your favorites list ~ you know its a good flick, but you gotta be in the right mood to watch it.

I havent had a handheld (that isnt a phone, at least) since 2009 ~ I simply find no use for them.
The switch is just a gaming tablet. It isnt anything special on your HDTV and it isnt anything special as a portable.
Some people like playing the same games over and over. (Kart, Metroid, Mario) You arent one of them? Dump it.

I sold it about 2 months ago. I had no time for it and was way too busy with my Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Nintendo is more for kids and family and none of my friends have a Switch. They are either on XB1 or PS4. It wasn't worth keeping. Don't get me wrong Nintendo has some pretty good games but it just can't compete when it comes to Microsoft and Sony.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I sold it about 2 months ago. I had no time for it and was way too busy with my Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Nintendo is more for kids and family and none of my friends have a Switch. They are either on XB1 or PS4. It wasn't worth keeping. Don't get me wrong Nintendo has some pretty good games but it just can't compete when it comes to Microsoft and Sony.

Absolutely right, and even the fanboys past the age of 20 will be constantly reminded,
(In case they are in denial)
That the games are for kids and they'll hold your hand and use that childish mindset for EVERYTHING.
I like a pokemon game as a time-waster, JRPG type grindfest.. but fuggin HELL every game explains the basics to you every chance they get.
I dont think a 5 year old, even, doesnt KNOW THAT TO CATCH A POCKET-MONSTER YOU BEAT IT AND THROW A RED/WHITE BALL AT IT!

But yeah, not an adult game to be found. Not a worthwhile online service. Not a cheap, powerful system ever made. (SNES, 64, wii, game boy color-advance-GBA-NDS, etc.. man their hardware SUCKS)
The games are fine, but they just rehash the same shit over and over.

/end of le ranting

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I love my Nintendo Switch. My favorite thing about it is that I can play a bunch of NeoGeo games portably. Sega Ages has some great games and there are a lot of other indy titles worth getting from the eShop. I also just got the Contra and Castlevania Collections. I hope there is a Castlevania Collection Part 2.

freeones_regina

Administrator

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
The design reminds me a bit of a PSP actually.

Is this supposed to replace the DS?

Seems like it to me. I think the DS is on its way out. I say if they knock another 25 bucks off this thing, I could be tempted. I love handhelds. I always just play them at home or in the hotel room.