• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL’s social justice messaging sparks anger in every direction

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Black athletes make up about 60% of NFL player rosters. How's the NBA dealing with this? Black athletes over in the NBA make up about 95% of the player rosters. Now we're going to have President Trump complain again and no one will watch football. Professional or college. College football has gone by the wayside because of the Pandemic which leaves us with just baseball and hockey.

I don't like rl bs crowding into sports it's supposed to be a escape to fun but I thought the NFL gave things the right amount of weight with all the uniform messages and all that they can express their feelings but still play ball.

I honestly don't know what the fuss is.
They want to do something during the anthem? Why not? I don't even tune in until the game is underway.
Signs on the court/field/rink/etc? Is it any different from the other ads they have?
Armbands, badges, etc. I can barely see them.
Cancelling a game? Just give me notice at least 24hrs ahead so I can plan accordingly.

As long as it doesn't impact the game itself, I don't see why activism is such an issue. I think the only people who take issue with it are people who don't agree with the message. That's a totally different thing altogether IMO.

Last edited:

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
The NFL became a Sellout Pussy BLM Puppet.

I heard jackass Tony Dungy comment regarding kneeling or doing whatever during the Star-spangled Banner, "It's not about the flag. It's about making the world a better place." Or something along those lines as far as the 2nd line goes.

EXCUSE ME!! It's not about the flag? REALLY? Actually, dumbass, the playing of the Star-spangled Banner IS exactly about the FLAG. Are you and all the rest of the Kneelers and Kneelers Supporters 1st grade dropouts? Which part of, "Everyone please stand for our National Anthem" do you not understand? Do we need to get several 2nd graders to explain to you all what that phrase means? It does not say, "Everyone please stand, kneel, raise your fist or engage in whatever antic you want and promote whatever agenda you have stuck in your craw."

It's the Star-spangled Banner ... not the BLM-spangled Banner or the Agenda of Choice-spangled Banner.
It had up to recent times always been the time to show our respect for our USA Flag and patriotic pride for our country.
It's now been turned into a BLM Open Mic Platform ... or even an ANYTHING Open Mic Platform.

They should just shitcan that whole pre-game Cluster Fuck. They're disrespecting ... treating the USA Flag like a bottom of the totem pole, secondary Carnival Freak Sideshow with their fake playing of the National Anthem when everyone knows what agenda the NFL is now really supporting at that time.

I'd hate to see what Kneeling BLM Circus would have happened at the Olympics Medal Podium during the Star-spangled Banner. I guess we'll find out next year.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
I honestly don't know what the fuss is.
They want to do something during the anthem? Why not? I don't even tune in until the game is underway.
Signs on the court/field/rink/etc? Is it any different from the other ads they have?
Armbands, badges, etc. I can barely see them.
Cancelling a game? Just give me notice at least 24hrs ahead so I can plan accordingly.
Let's take for example the FreeOnes Forums.

Why do you think the specific topics of 'Politics & Religion' are separated from the FreeOnes Talk section and we're given a specific WARNING about what to expect if you post in those forums? It's that just like in real life, those two topics are nuclear topics in forums as well and will always generate extremely passionate opposing sides and the discussions are guaranteed to get scorchingly heated.

So, now for all of a sudden the NFL, NBA and whatever other sports to just up and nonchalantly decide to create an unavoidable BLM atmosphere in pre-game and during the games ... shoving their POLITICAL beliefs, followings, endorsements, agenda down our throats has no business in sports.

Ads for this, that and the other are definitely NOT the same thing, not in the same league as Politics & Religion.
Seeing Budweiser or whatever other product ads splattered around in stadiums is NOT remotely the same thing as seeing Political Propaganda splattered around the stadiums.

There are people who take the flag and anthem seriously. Fair enough. To those people, I'm sure kneeling is a huge deal.
That's not me. Like I said, I can't be bothered to sit through the anthem watching a game, let alone actually stand and sing for one.
There are far worse things you can do to disrespect the flag, and there's no law stating you must stand any time your anthem is played. So my view is that you do you, and let others do others (so long as it's not illegal or universally over-the-line, say, burning a flag).

But here's one thing I'd like to ask: Why is it "Political"? I can see something like Right to life as decidedly Conservative, but why does being anti-racist make you Liberal or Conservative? If an action isn't universally left or right wing, then is it really political?

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Lucky they're not federal employees.....

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
But here's one thing I'd like to ask: Why is it "Political"? I can see something like Right to life as decidedly Conservative, but why does being anti-racist make you Liberal or Conservative? If an action isn't universally left or right wing, then is it really political?
There is just no way that being for or against the BLM movement is NOT political. Why do you think Trump / Pence, Biden / Harris, Republicans, Democrats have a position, a stance on this very heated, controversial, polarizing subject?

How can it be that ONE thing is happening in Portland, Chicago, New York ... and all those cities being victimized by violence, arson, looting, city occupying, etc. and yet there are TWO very distinctive, very different versions, POVs as to what exactly is happening, who started it and who is perpetuating it depending on which 'Political' side is talking about it?

So oh yeah ... it IS political.
And as such, it has no business being inserted / shoehorned into sports, which is supposed to be an ESCAPE --- an escape like from all the political BS.

Last edited:

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
OK, this is being moved to politics seeing as though nobody is talking anything remotely sporting here, nor coming up with any arguments as to how kneeling during the stupid national anthem is affecting actual games.

There is just no way that being for or against the BLM movement is NOT political. Why do you think Trump / Pence, Biden / Harris, Republicans, Democrats have a position, a stance on this very heated, controversial, polarizing subject?

How can it be that ONE thing is happening in Portland, Chicago, New York ... and all those cities being victimized by violence, arson, looting, city occupying, etc. and yet there are TWO very distinctive, very different versions, POVs as to what exactly is happening, who started it and who is perpetuating it depending on which 'Political' side is talking about it?

So oh yeah ... it IS political.
And as such, it has no business being inserted / shoehorned into sports, which is supposed to be an ESCAPE --- an escape like from all the political BS.
I have to disagree. Just because twump or joe have a stance on a topic doesn't make it political, especially since we know that their viewpoints aren't even representative of their respective parties.

PLENTY of Right wing voters don't agree with twump. Just look at how many republican candidates distanced themselves from him during the 2016 election. And there was a virtual coup within the party when he was thinking of attacking Iran, and he backed down.

On the left side, it's the same story. Look at all the candidates for the nomination and the disparity in their positions. joe's viewpoints don't necessarily align with Bernie supporters, etc. This disparity was so great that enough Bernie supporters didn't vote for hilary that she lost.

The point is, just because a political leader has an opinion in and of itself doesn't make it political.
I feel we can go in circles about this, and it's better suited for another forum anyways.

--

On topic though, pre-game shenanigans, signs, etc... if you can't ignore those enough to enjoy the game, then you're might not be that big of a fan of the sport. When I'm watching the action, I can tune out the distractions because what's going on is that much more interesting. It would be one thing if they plastered someone's face in the corner of the screen for the entire broadcast, or mentioned their names with every break in the action. THAT would be shoving it down our throats. But I've yet to see it go that far. If I can enjoy the game, then IMO I don't care what the athletes, leagues, owners etc do, whether it's for or against the movement.

And if anything, I'm agreeing with you in that respect, in that I'm watching sports for the enjoyment, not for the politics. I guess the difference is that I can tune it out in favour of enjoying the game.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Wait a minute...I'd swear I was just in the Sports forum....but here I am, magically transferred to the political forum!

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Wait a minute...I'd swear I was just in the Sports forum....but here I am, magically transferred to the political forum!

tenor.gif

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
tenor.gif

As long as you're not calling each other bastards, argue away.

Can't call me a bastard. This one time my mom got really mad at my dad(after they were married) and started chasing him around the house. My dad was firmly against having children. She finally was able to corner him where she inserted his penis into her vagina. Everything took hold and 9 months later I came out hollering through her meat curtains. Anybody that calls me a bastard I wave a dictionary at then call them a fool. I may be a lot of things but I'm not that. I don't steal either unless someone steals from me then I outsteal them by 100 times without being detected because I'm a 275 lb ninja.

What was the original topic? Oh, that's right. I started it. The NFL. Still ain't watchin'. Good year to take off anyway. I got plenty of pro wrestling to watch. One day I'd like to see this teeter-totter. On one side is Roger Goodell's balls. On the other side is Vince McMahon's. Vince's balls would fall like an anvil and Goodell's would shoot up in the air like a catapult.

tenor.gif
KindAdventurousIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif

Can't call me a bastard. This one time my mom got really mad at my dad(after they were married) and started chasing him around the house. My dad was firmly against having children. She finally was able to corner him where she inserted his penis into her vagina. Everything took hold and 9 months later I came out hollering through her meat curtains. Anybody that calls me a bastard I wave a dictionary at then call them a fool. I may be a lot of things but I'm not that. I don't steal either unless someone steals from me then I outsteal them by 100 times without being detected because I'm a 275 lb ninja.

What was the original topic? Oh, that's right. I started it. The NFL. Still ain't watchin'. Good year to take off anyway. I got plenty of pro wrestling to watch. One day I'd like to see this teeter-totter. On one side is Roger Goodell's balls. On the other side is Vince McMahon's. Vince's balls would fall like an anvil and Goodell's would shoot up in the air like a catapult.

tenor.gif
KindAdventurousIcelandichorse-max-1mb.gif
Dino your beautiful don't you ever change