• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

New Software

:bowdown: :bowdown: Hey Everyone, I was thinking of getting some photo-editing software, and I would like some suggestions from anyone, I am running windows xp, Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

pitino

are you talking to me?
i work photoshop for best results, and acdsee for simple edits!!! they are both great
to me! :computer:

If you still got the Kzaa Do a quick search for photoshop 7, it works. dled it a few times. Not the most current, but hell its got alot.

I worked in the printing industry for eighteen years and owned a service bureau for six of those years. So, you know I'm going to stand by Adobe any day of the week. However, if price is a concern and you don't mind the lack of CMYK support, check out The Gimp. If you're doing stuff for home and/or Web you don't need CMYK anyway. This is GNU General Public License software that IMHO is outrageous for free.

Note: To use The Gimp you must first install GTK+ Runtime Environment 2.4.14. Then install The Gimp.

I use this on XP and it works great!

QBall1970

Banned
Boo Radley said:
I worked in the printing industry for eighteen years and owned a service bureau for six of those years. So, you know I'm going to stand by Adobe any day of the week. However, if price is a concern and you don't mind the lack of CMYK support, check out The Gimp. If you're doing stuff for home and/or Web you don't need CMYK anyway. This is GNU General Public License software that IMHO is outrageous for free.

Note: To use The Gimp you must first install GTK+ Runtime Environment 2.4.14. Then install The Gimp.

I use this on XP and it works great!

So, I'm guessing by your ringing and enthusiastic endorsement, that it DOES indeed compare favorably to Adobe's products, B.R.?

Hmmmm... >bookmarks the site< I just may have to install this later myself. Thank you for the link, sir!! Very much appreciated on my end.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Q

QBall1970 said:
So, I'm guessing by your ringing and enthusiastic endorsement, that it DOES indeed compare favorably to Adobe's products, B.R.?

Hmmmm... >bookmarks the site< I just may have to install this later myself. Thank you for the link, sir!! Very much appreciated on my end.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Q
No problem QBall. The interface is similar in some ways...maybe a bit more cumbersome. Some may not like this program, but it's definitely the most impressive freeware I've tried so far considering it has layering, filters, scripted plugins, batching, etc. I had never seen these features in freeware before. Hope I didn't make it sound like a total replacement for Photoshop. Adobe Postscript is, and will always be the shit when it comes to hi-res film output. Just thought I'd throw out a freeware alternative. I always try to do a thorough search on freeware in regards to adware/spyware. So far I haven't found out anything bad about it. :thumbsup:

QBall1970

Banned
Ah, now see... I like THAT... honesty!!!!

Cool... I'll take a look at it anyway... can always use more photo-imaging software.

I've also got MGI's PhotoSuite and another package called called North Coast's PhotoMorph... both are cumbersome as well.

Wanna always keep a back-up editor just in case... y'know

Cool! Thank you for the info, sir!! Much appreciated!

Q