• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Need advice on buying a washer/dryer

SpexyAshleigh

Official Checked Star Member
I'm going to be buying a washer/dryer for the first time evar, and have no idea where to start. Front or top loading? What brand is good? What size should I go with? etc etc etc. I've always had washer/dryer provided for me when renting but I"m moving into a house that doesn't have them so I need to buy this week...eeek.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
My LG washer and dryer are epic. They're front loading, quiet as hell, and haven't failed me yet in ridding my clothes of various stains or smells. I highly recommend them.

I feel like I can pack more clothes into these than I can with a top loading washer and dryer. Maybe that's just me though.

(click to enlarge)

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
You can't get any better than Miele. They also invented to washer. :thumbsup: Thing is they're not cheap. At least in Germany.

SpexyAshleigh

My LG washer and dryer are epic. They're front loading, quiet as hell, and haven't failed me yet in ridding my clothes of various stains or smells. I highly recommend them.

I feel like I can pack more clothes into these than I can with a top loading washer and dryer. Maybe that's just me though.

(click to enlarge)

whats the model number on yours? I'll check it out :)

Front loading for sure. Most all brands today are worthy. All come with a warranty as well. But, NEVER let the salesperson talk you into an Extended Warranty. They are rarely needed and or used. Shop around.. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

And, if it's only going to be used by you, I wouldn't concern myself with getting the top of the line... "holds BIG loads" etc. Somehow i just don't see your laundry basket full of heavy work jeans with grass stains, dirt, mud, blood and all that guy stuff.

Good luck, and let us know what you ended up buying.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Washer: WM2016CW
Dryer: DLE2512W

They're a few years old now, so LG might have upgraded and improved. :dunno: I agree with Sam about the extended warranty. It's a scam. Glad I didn't bite when the salesman offered it. I've never had a single problem with this set.

another vote for the front loader and avoid the extended warranty lol...i've heard good things about the LG's as well

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i recently purchased a pair from craigslist.

got quite the deal. 200 for the set.

brand new ropers. xl capacity. i think roper is made by GE or someone. had em deliver it and everything. not EVERYONE is a complete loon on CL.

I bought a Zoppas Class A 5 Kg. quite cheap and I paid only 350 € before I've got an Candy ... but I don't have idea which brand there are in Canada, in any case the better washing machine is Bosh also Miele it's Ok but more expensive for sure ... I prefer front loading, top loading its ok if you have problem of space.

Last edited:

(click to enlarge)

I JUST donated mine and they were almost like that! Sorry Ash! If I had known, you could have had mine!

You're buying a washer and dryer? Why would a woman need those? :confused:

:ban:

SpexyAshleigh

HOLY FUCK! guys the Miele washer ALONE costs at least $2500....do ya think I'm a fucking millionaire? lol. Please, I appreciate the advice but no heart attacks please...budget friendly..lol.

(click to enlarge)

cubgayguy.jpg

HOLY FUCK! guys the Miele washer ALONE costs at least $2500....do ya think I'm a fucking millionaire? lol. Please, I appreciate the advice but no heart attacks please...budget friendly..lol.

Kenmore front loads are reliable, and they're something like $700 for the base models.

First thing, If you buy quality brands you should never buy an Extended Warranty. I've grew up with Kenmore (Sears house brand) which I think has always been made by Whirlpool. Great quality, they will last for decades.

Know any techies? (Auto, computer, etc) Washer & dryers are/were very low tech, but most get replaced needing only a small fix. I have at least three fellow techie friends that got their washer/dryers used for under $50, needing maybe another $50 in parts to fix them. So if you're on a tight budget, it might be a way to go.

Unless you have a lot of clothes you need to wash all the time or some other special reason I would just go with the cheapest ones that are still brand name. All the more expensive ones always seem to give you diminishing returns for the extra cost even if they technically work better. :dunno:

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
my roper is a whirlpool product. i just looked. its awesome. we were using an old stackable from like the 70s until i got those off of CL.

(click to enlarge)

Not powerful enuff to get the cubs logo off that jersey!

Just Kidding...I like the cubbies.