• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Ndamukong Suh gets love from NFLers, but not as much as Tom Brady

Zippide-do-dah, Zippide-aye... Mister boo bird on my shoulder....

Around whom would you rather build an NFL team: Tom Brady or Ndamukong Suh?

A poll of 272 NFL players in the latest Sports Illustrated gave the edge to the Michigan Man, but Suh earned the distinction of being the only defensive player in the top 10.

Brady led the vote at 24%, followed by Colts quarterback Peyton Manning at 18%, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers at 14%, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson at 7% and Eagles quarterback Michael Vick at 6%. Suh received 4% of the vote.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110922/SPORTS18/109220512/Ticker-Ndamukong-Suh-gets-love-from-NFLers-not-much-Tom-Brady

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
I'd rather build it around Rob Gronkowski the Gronk.

I am not sure how to feel about this. I recognize the QB position as the most important on the field, but sometimes I just wanna ram my head into the wall at how much people ride their nuts. So much so that they seem to forget all the other peaces of the puzzle. They are by far the most "bust" suspect group out of all the other positions. Not to mention, whenever you build your team around a rookie QB, it usually takes a very long time for that to manifest into an awesome team. Besides that, if you don't have any decent O-linemen, then your QB is gonna spend half his time running and the other half on his back(*cough*Jay Cutler)

If only titsrock was on more often lately. Then him and Hot Mega could decide to meat up somewhere and have a Tom Brady man crush party for themselves. :1orglaugh

:tongue:

I don't get why anybody would want to build a team around Manning or Brady. It's easy to forget they are both nearly their mid 30s. It wouldn't be unreasonable (assuming Manning comes back fully from his injury) to think that neither of them have more than a couple of elite years left.

Given the question it's amazing how high a defensive tackle could get. If you make adjustments for position he is practically blowing everybody else out of the water.

If only titsrock was on more often lately. Then him and Hot Mega could decide to meat up somewhere and have a Tom Brady man crush party for themselves.
Apparently nearly 300 NFL players too. Listen Brady is a UM alum but I'm objective. I really don't care about the comparison debate until some offer their distilled:beer: reasoning why Manning is 'better'. Then of course comes a counter from me
I don't get why anybody would want to build a team around Manning or Brady. It's easy to forget they are both nearly their mid 30s. It wouldn't be unreasonable (assuming Manning comes back fully from his injury) to think that neither of them have more than a couple of elite years left.

Given the question it's amazing how high a defensive tackle could get. If you make adjustments for position he is practically blowing everybody else out of the water.

I think they were talking in abstract terms...meaning...having some clue of what are these players' potential..who would you then build a team around in their primes.

At least that's what I take the question to mean.

Who would try to build their franchise around QBs who may have their best behind them?? Especially in light of some of the younger QBs who theoretically have more tread on their tires.

Personally I would build my team around a stud left tackle. It doesn't matter who your QB is if he keeps getting blind-sided on every pass attempt. Football games will always be decided in the trenches. It's the same no matter what type of offense you run. Of those mentioned, I would go with Suh for the same reason. To build a defense you need studs on the D-line. I don't care how good your corners are, if you don't get to the QB you are going to get picked apart.

I'm surprised Vick got any votes. That's silly.

Suh is a beast. I'd choose him over Manning or Brady. It's going to suck to play the Lions for the next 10 years.

I'm surprised Vick got any votes. That's silly.

Suh is a beast. I'd choose him over Manning or Brady. It's going to suck to play the Lions for the next 10 years.

Suh is great..but he just doesn't have enough chances to score for me to build a team around him. The name of the game is still to score points foremost.

But back to the Brady/Manning thing. Here's the truth;

I fucking can't stand Manning. Pure and simple...Reasoning? I hold an intense grudge on the guy for not being able to beat Florida ONCE while he was at UT.

I was as big an anti-UF bastard as could be and I sat and rooted for Manning's choking ass for four years against Spurrier. Not only couldn't the sorry bastard man up once...he would have some of the most absurd collapses possible against them.:facepalm:

Now as if that wasn't it...when Charles Woodson won the Heisman over him...he and his family acted with the incredulity of someone who felt it was ordained for him to win.:confused: Never mind the fact that EVERY SINGLE region voted for Woodson leaving the only one not to...Manning's southeast region.

Then he carried his choking ways over to the pros for years and years...doing the exact same thing he did at UT. Rack up tons of stats while falling flat when it mattered most. In spite of having EVERYTHING a QB of his seeming stature and talent should need to win multiple championships..yet the bridesmaid act continued.

Now I simply laugh at people so blindly enamored with the guy's stats (as he'd won no championships previously) that they want to claim he's somehow better than a guy who has gotten it done when it mattered most...in spite of odds or circumstance.

For Brady's part...it is nearly the polar opposite of my case against Manning.

I wasn't always a Brady 'fan' per se. The guy sat for 3 years behind Scott Driesbach and Brian Griese...then when he finally started, I along with many other UM faithful couldn't believe it and wanted Henson to start for no other reason that Henson was the top blue chip QB in HS. Brady's first two starts couldn't have been worse...0-2 getting us beat like a drum against Syracuse and Notre Dame..then the guy still persevered to lead Michigan to a 10-3 season IN SPITE of NEARLY everyone but Lloyd Carr wanting him benched for Henson.

The next season he led UM to a 11-2 record (nearly undefeated) all the while fending off calls for Henson and splitting time with Henson (who showed promise but couldn't get out of his own way for trying to 'win' the job in stead of just letting the game come to him).

His last game at UM was against Alabama where in spite of zero running game and getting absolutely pounded and sacked relentlessly...the guy led Michigan to overcoming 14 point leads twice in the game for an O.T. win.

In that game I saw the potential for greatness as if there was ever a zone a QB could be in, he was. He was playing so well that we could have actually come back and beat 'Bama by more but for a goal line fumble by A-Train.

I wasn't surprised he went late in the draft as the guy just wasn't in NFL shape for a QB (Belichick admits as much). While he had amazing pocket presence and an uncanny ability to buy time with a slight step here or there...he was boney, very slow and at times seemed clumsy...but the guy could read the shit out of a defense.

So although I could see him going late..I wasn't surprised when he got a chance and did well.

So there! "Now you know the rest of the story" and it's not just blind lust for Brady.:rolleyes: I have followed these two guys since their college careers (WATCHING the games).

Brady deserves everything he's gotten and getting.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
^^ TLDR. Simple version:

Manning > Brady

[/thread]

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I'm sorry, I can't read anything you post. The sound of Peyton's awesomeness is just too goddamn loud to concentrate on anything.

I know it burns you up that most people (including the ones on this board and per the article that I posted above) think Peyton is a better QB than Tom. Maybe one day you'll be able to remove your mouth from his ball sack long enough to see it as well. I like how you were so insecure in Tom's supposed superiority that you felt it necessary to create this thread. That's fine. Keep building your illusion.

But remember:

Peyton > Tom.

:stfu:

I'm sorry, I can't read anything you post. The sound of Peyton's awesomeness is just too goddamn loud to concentrate on anything.

I know it burns you up that most people (including the ones on this board and per the article that I posted above) think Peyton is a better QB than Tom. Maybe one day you'll be able to remove your mouth from his ball sack long enough to see it as well. I like how you were so insecure in Tom's supposed superiority that you felt it necessary to create this thread. That's fine. Keep building your illusion.

But remember:

Peyton > Tom.

I created the thread because the story was NEW(s). (Sept. 22, 2011:stfu:)

Tom Brady 3 rings, 2 SB MVPs

Now if you want Archie's pup to have a crown...there's always the bride's maid tiara for best regular season stats and fantasy football HOFer. That seems to fit quite well with Manning's career.:dunno: