• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '09/'10 Season Thread

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
IZZO WILL STAY AT MICHIGAN STATE.

Please click and paste this onto the NCAA Basketball thread. Thank you.:wave2:

The Celtics were awful tonight, but I don't think they're automatically doomed without Perkins. If they want that 18th championship I think they can bounce back and get it.

^
It will be a different Celtics team on Thursday....:yesyes: What I saw was a team that was sleepwalking through a game. They basically ran up the white flag in preparation for Game 7 :yesyes:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
The Celtics were awful tonight, but I don't think they're automatically doomed without Perkins. If they want that 18th championship I think they can bounce back and get it.

Did you actually type "If they want that 18th championship..."?

Do you think they are playing for the fuck of it and hope they win? Of course they are trying to win the championship. So are the Lakers. It is the beauty of competition. One team has to lose.

Comments like that drive me crazy. These guys want to win everything from the NCAA Tournament bracket pool to a game of H-O-R-S-E to the NBA Championship.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
^
It will be a different Celtics team on Thursday....:yesyes: What I saw was a team that was sleepwalking through a game. They basically ran up the white flag in preparation for Game 7 :yesyes:
You think they were just warming up and reserving their energy to lay the smack down in the final game?

I gotta say, the Celtics seem to be the only team that's able to keep the Lakers in check.

Yeah I honestly think they're done.

Every time I think the Lakers are done the last two years they come up with a monster effort.

so...... in hopes of keeping that streak alive, I'll just go ahead and say that despite their win tonight I'm absolutely sure they're done :wave2:

^

Either one of two things is true; the Celts don't want is as bad as the Lakers or they are good enough to turn it on and off.

I couldn't believe my eyes watching this game. I felt like someone deserved their money back because I didn't see a championship effort by the Celts. Both teams have played below their average here and there in this series but at least every game the Lakers appear to be putting forth maximum effort.

Rivers is saying things like, the Lakers are playing harder, etc. But what he's not saying is, make sharper passes, snatch the rebounds, value the basketball, stop beating yourself.

Perkins' loss hurts the Celts only in terms of depth. Davis is a better rebounder, much, much better scorer and actually plays better defense (and drools better :1orglaugh ). The only thing the Celts are giving up is Perkins' height (which doesn't matter all that much for the above reasons) and depth.

I said in 7 and will stand by it ...atleast now its a fun one for the NBA fan who isnt a fan of either side ...it has a nice feel to it...Lakers on their home court..Celtics just got run up on ..but have one the previous two..Game 7 title on the line ..its as good as it gets...I hope its a close one!

lbloodojunkieg

Closed Account
Perkins' loss hurts the Celts only in terms of depth. Davis is a better rebounder, much, much better scorer and actually plays better defense (and drools better :1orglaugh ). The only thing the Celts are giving up is Perkins' height (which doesn't matter all that much for the above reasons) and depth.

Glen Davis is NOT, I repeat NOT a better defender than Perkins. Perkins is one of the best defensive centers in the league. I don't think you are giving Perkins much credit. Yea, when you look at the box score, nothing stands out at you, but the best thing he brings is his defense. Now with Perkins out, Sheldon Williams will be getting burn, and that is never a good thing. Sheldon being on the floor hurts the Celtics.

Glen Davis is NOT, I repeat NOT a better defender than Perkins. Perkins is one of the best defensive centers in the league. I don't think you are giving Perkins much credit. Yea, when you look at the box score, nothing stands out at you, but the best thing he brings is his defense. Now with Perkins out, Sheldon Williams will be getting burn, and that is never a good thing. Sheldon being on the floor hurts the Celtics.

I said it hurts the Celts mainly depth-wise. Perkins is a good, physical presence on defense (down low). Davis plays good interior defense and his feet are surprisingly quick enough to have played good defense on Odoms at the perimeter.

Perkins does nothing for Boston on the offensive end IMO. Davis gives them another offensive option. A few years ago the Celts went to Davis for a game winning shot....cut your wrists if Perkins ends up with the ball at the end of a close game.

lbloodojunkieg

Closed Account
The major flaw with Davis' defense is he is better suited to guard a player like Odom. He isn't nearly as effective guarding back to the basket players such as Bynum and Gasol. Not to mention he is only 6 foot 9, while Bynum and Gasol are 7 footers. They can just shoot right over him. Odom likes to drive the ball, which Davis is better at defending because like you said, he has quick feet. But yea, I do agree with you that Perkins being out hurts the Celtics depth the most.

The major flaw with Davis' defense is he is better suited to guard a player like Odom. He isn't nearly as effective guarding back to the basket players such as Bynum and Gasol. Not to mention he is only 6 foot 9, while Bynum and Gasol are 7 footers. They can just shoot right over him. Odom likes to drive the ball, which Davis is better at defending because like you said, he has quick feet. But yea, I do agree with you that Perkins being out hurts the Celtics depth the most.

Perkins is 6'10.:dunno: Fair enough though. Davis is just a more skilled, smarter player and does just about everything Perkins doesn't and everything he does except for being an inch shorter.

lbloodojunkieg

Closed Account
Perkins is 6'10.:dunno: Fair enough though. Davis is just a more skilled, smarter player and does just about everything Perkins doesn't and everything he does except for being an inch shorter.

I guess an inch doesn't seem like much, but Perkins is an inch taller plus has longer arms, so it does make a difference. It's also much harder to back Perk down than Davis. Perk is stronger, Davis more nimble.

The Nba wanted to see a game 7 and now they got one but i still say Boston will win with or without perkins then we can start Lebron watch