• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MySpace: Was the World Not Ready for It?

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I only had one for a couple months before I was over the drama of social media, but, looking back, I have a few thoughts.

Everyone remembers Tom, right? He was everyone's first friend!

download.png

From what I know, MySpace was started in 2003. It was a huge deal. You could customize your page, people were learning how to code just to do cool things with it. Theme music would play for one, that was cool. Sure, there was regular people drama because, well, people are people, but never did Tom and his crew sell your personal info, get involved in politics and influence elections, or lobby against privacy laws and legislations. Imagine that.

The little that I know is good ol Tom here sold his share of the company for over 500 million so he could go enjoy his life in peace. Looking back, wow, what a dude. I think he's into photography now and just travels and chills.

Sure, MySpace still exists (sorta), but its owned by some megacorps or something now. It's changed a lot of hands. Who knows. Anyway, it sucks that Facebook has gotten so many people tie to and addicted to it. They promote all sorts of terrible things, they have a strong political agenda, and they don't care one bit about your privacy, but no one seems to really care too much about that.

MySpace was pure, it was about fun, and you can't fault Tom for being like, alright, I'm spending way too much time in board meetings, I want to live for me, I'm out. Social media isn't my cup of tea, but I gotta respect the guy for having so much power, but didn't abuse it.

I don't know all the details but I know one thing: Fuck Facebook.

Did you have a MySpace? Did you like it? Share your stories!

CrimsonBolt

I AM A SLUT FOR RYAN GOSLING
I had Myspace back in the day but I have closed my account, Why? In my country Myspace is not popular at all, I didn't had a real friend who got Myspace, everyone is on Facebook.

So I decided to close it, but yes the custom thing was pretty cool.

I don't have a social media presence (outside of THIS site; aren't you blessed?) - but I think the big thing about Facebook was it started at colleges and universities. Which of course expanded to the students' parents, siblings, and friends back home. But that was the "original" target audience.