• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Muslims appalled by the truth of ‘perfect man’ billboard in Indianapolis

muhammad-truth.jpg

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- A billboard on the east side of Indianapolis is catching the eyes of drivers, along with the ire of local Muslim groups.

You can spot the sign from the southbound lanes of I-465 near the Washington Street exit. It claims to list the “perfect man,” but opponents say it degrades the Muslim prophet Mohammad.

http://fox59.com/2017/06/05/controversial-billboard-pops-up-on-indys-east-side/

You know what this billboard lacks ? Historical context.
A lot of the things that are listed were very common at that time and still were hundreds of years after

Actually, when you say "Islam is evil", you're 100% buty you should add that every other religions are equally evil.

You mean for instance that slavery was still legal in the united states 1230 years after his death?
Or that 1250 years after his death the age of consent in the United States was 10 or 12 in most states, and 7 in Delaware?

You mean for instance that slavery was still legal in the united states 1230 years after his death?
Or that 1250 years after his death the age of consent in the United States was 10 or 12 in most states, and 7 in Delaware?

Or that in Germany, killing Jews was legal 1320 years after his death?

You know, for historical perspective and all.

Or that in Germany, killing Jews was legal 1320 years after his death?

You know, for historical perspective and all.

Yeah sure, there's that too.

Polygamy has also long outlasted Muhammed, and was not uncommon in his time. It can also be found in the Bible. Jacob. Abraham.

Yeah sure, there's that too.

Polygamy has also long outlasted Muhammed, and was not uncommon in his time. It can also be found in the Bible. Jacob. Abraham.

Or Solomon's hundreds of wives. But Christians don't claim that he was a perfect man, nor Abraham, Isaac, Jacob or David - who the bible says was "a man after God's own heart" yet who schemed and had murdered one of his loyal soldiers to cover up that he had slept with and impregnated that man's wife.

And slavery was an established institution throughout the world at the time it was practiced in the United States. Shouldn't that be taken into account by those who want to take down Confederate war memorials?

If it was up to me I'd leave those memorials up.

Actually, slavery had been abolished in France in 1848, England in 1833, Spain in 1811 - so we were a bit behind the curve. Plus those three countries didn't have to engage in horrific civil wars to see its end.

Actually, slavery had been abolished in France in 1848, England in 1833, Spain in 1811 - so we were a bit behind the curve. Plus those three countries didn't have to engage in horrific civil wars to see its end.

Those countries weren't newly formed either.

But there was slavery in the United States the same time as it was practiced in those three countries. But I had the Ottoman Empire more in mind where slavery was commonplace up to as late as 1908.

My point is, slavery is an evil practice regardless of the norms of the time. And it's not something that would be engaged in by the "perfect man."

A lot of the things that are listed were very common at that time and still were hundreds of years after

Actually, when you say "Islam is evil", you're 100% buty you should add that every other religions are equally evil.

is muhammad's buraq horse in your historical context too?

My point is, slavery is an evil practice regardless of the norms of the time. And it's not something that would be engaged in by the "perfect man."

As I understand it, "perfect" in this context does not mean invincible.
Muhammed saw himself as very much human and therefore capable of erring/making mistakes.

The Christian Bible also has quite a bit to say about slavery and its acceptable parameters.

As I understand it, "perfect" in this context does not mean invincible.
Muhammed saw himself as very much human and therefore capable of erring/making mistakes.

I'm guessing you meant "infallible" but auto correct. Muhammed did say that he's a man as in he should not be worshipped, as Christians believe Christ to be God incarnate, but there are a significant number of Muslims including scholars who believe that Muhhamad was indeed infallible, in not just his message, which as a prophet he'd have to be, but also in all his deeds.

The Christian Bible also has quite a bit to say about slavery and its acceptable parameters.

It does acknowledge that it was an unfortunate reality of the world at that time, but in many cases it also referred to bond servants. Either way, God repeatedly tells the Hebrews to treat their slaves humanely and with kindness as "You yourselves were once slaves."

Fast forward to present day and arab muslims in Northern Sudan are enslaving black Christians from the south and the Darfur region with islam's sanction.

WWMD
What Would Muhammad Do?