• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Museums. Yay or nay?

Do you like museums?

• Yes

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • No.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • moar liek mushitums amirite?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you enjoy going to museums? I went to the Henry Ford Museum for the Titanic 100th Anniversary exhibit today. I love this stuff. I feel like a kid getting my picture taken on the grand staircase, or sitting in the seat of an old combine. I probably look ridiculous sitting there as 7 year olds are waiting in line, but fuck them.

The same goes for science centers, aquariums, zoos, etc. Whenever a cool exhibit comes through I'll try to see it. Titanic, Harry Potter was at the ROM last year, The Human Body a few years earlier. It's all awesome.

So do you like museums? Or are you too cool?

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
i like em.

i also like art exhibits. like the norton simon in pasadenda. that place is awesome. had a wonderful date there once.

i really like seeing renaissance art. and the progression of things like perspective. when i went there, it was laid out perfectly. a great show i must say.

ps. harry potter?! nu uh! i want!

i think museums are pretty awesome...some bore me but i find many very interesting

SpexyAshleigh

Official Checked Star Member
Love em. I plan on going to Toronto around my birthday to hit up the ROM and the AGO.

I am fortunate enough to be near enough to drive to many, many excellent museums. I also am pleased to say that my four year old takes great delight in coming to the museums with me. We don't sit and look at a slow, thoughtful pace, but he just loves to see the different paintings, sculptures, and what not. We talk about how the artist did whatever we're looking at, and he comes home and tries to do similar things.

I loved museums when I could just go and take all the time I wanted to. I love museums when I go with my kid. They're good for everyone.

In addition to typical museums, I also love things like the Field Museum, and the Museum of Science and Industry. And, even more different, the Shedd Aquarium is as good as a museum.

I like museum presenting exhibitions and exposing real stuff (aka classic museums). I don't like new museums in the "interactive style". Museums are supposed to be boring so they should stay that way!

I like museum presenting exhibitions and exposing real stuff (aka classic museums). I don't like new museums in the "interactive style". Museums are supposed to be boring so they should stay that way!

yeah i agree...i want to see real things, not obvious replicas, displays and video screens.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
It really depends on the museum, but I think my favorite by far is being able to get into castles, forts and palaces. I love the architecture as much as the stuff.

Though lately we've found ourselves touring churches and cathedrals as much as other types of museums. Many of them over here have art exhibitions from famous painters from the area, like the Cathedral of Our Lady in Antwerp has pieces of Rubens.

Yes, I like them.
I went to three castles on my last trip to Stockholm.
I guess they count as museums too.
The Royal Palace has several museums in it's building anyway.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I was lucky to grow up with parents that both were very much into taking us kids to a lot of cultural events and places, museums, concerts, etc.

My father worked for the government, and he got all-year free tickets :)

I love every kind of museums.

Living 25km (15 miles) from Paris I hve the chance to be close to some of the greatest museeums, such as the Louvre or the Musée d'Orsay.
My favorite things to see are antiquities, Renaissance stuff and paintings from the late 19th-early 20th century.

I like them. I haven't been to one in years though. I'm lucky enough to live very close to many of the more famous ones in London, but I'd probably be more likely to visit a museum in a foreign country than any of the ones here. Mainly because these places were school-trip fodder for many years.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
There are no good museums within at least a day's trip of where I live, but overall...

Me likey. I especially like museums about the physical sciences. In the Bay Area there are the Exploratorium and the Academy of Sciences, and in Mexico City there's El Papalote. I have spent hundreds of hours in those 3 places over the years.

in pasadenda.

It's Pasadena, you fucking vaginal belch.

wottle

I'm so horny, even the crack of dawn isn't safe
I Love them as well. I was a docent at the State Museum Of Louisiana. The building on the left of 3, as you face St. Louis Cathedral,French Quarter,NewOrleans.
I used to do 45 min tours for 5-8th graders. They have some amazing stuff in that building.

Lurker is right!The Museum of Science and Technology in Chi-Town is amazing. I took 2 days and did it right, last time I was there.

Living 25km (15 miles) from Paris I hve the chance to be close to some of the greatest museeums, such as the Louvre or the Musée d'Orsay.
My favorite things to see are antiquities, Renaissance stuff and paintings from the late 19th-early 20th century.
How about the Versailles palace?

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I love museums. One of the biggest downsides to where I live now is that there are no (large) museums within a short driving distance. :(

That makes me think... I should take a day or two off this summer, take a mini-vacation/road trip and spend some time at a museum.