• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Movies and websites in general loading slow...

Alright... so for the past I guess 3 weeks to a month my internet has been fairly slow when it comes to movies, and certain websites. I used to be able to load up a 15 second clip in about 3-5 seconds, now it's taking anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. I have done tons of virus scans and adware scans and nothing has gotten it to go faster.

I recently moved to Colorado to an apartment for school about 5 weeks ago and the internet was more than fine when I moved in. I play online games occasionally and the ping on those has not gone up or anything. Any help?

You've probably checked this already, but could it have something to do with your internet cache being full?

use ccleancer to clean out your cache as senob44 has suggested. then use spybot to clean your pc of any malware/spyware. make sure your anti-virus is up-to-date and do a full virus check: I use AVG Free Edition :thumbsup::)

Two others to think about.

You Might be on a share access internet connection. If a lot of people are on it the same time as you it slows down.

The other is if your computer is getting old and cluttered up. It might need a good overhaul and clean out of programs and such you don't need or use.

use ccleancer to clean out your cache as senob44 has suggested. then use spybot to clean your pc of any malware/spyware. make sure your anti-virus is up-to-date and do a full virus check: I use AVG Free Edition :thumbsup::)

also, if you are using wireless then make sure you have no conflicting channels :)

^What i mean is: if you see surrounding wireless networks on the same channel as yours, then it can be worth while changing your own channel. if everything is working fine, then don't worry about it... :):thumbsup:

my internet connection actually likes to stop working a lot, like, msn and any downloads I have going will carry on, but I can't get to any websites. Think that could be why? or is that something ridiculous my computer is doing?

^first of all: are you using wireless? is your anti-virus up-to-date? have you got spybot installed and 'cleaned' your pc? use ccleaner to clean out the crap from your pc. ccleaner and AVG and spybot are all free :):thumbsup:

it did in the past man, but for various reasons I'm now forced to use wireless :( that would be the route of the problem, since it was sweet before that, damn wireless!

you said it man :1orglaugh cheers for pointing out the existence of AVG and ccleaner to me :glugglug: you're a gent

you said it man :1orglaugh cheers for pointing out the existence of AVG and ccleaner to me: you're a gent

no problemo. correction: I'm a Gent who adores Big Boobs :1orglaugh

thanks yet again!

this must be the only place in the world you can make awesome corrections like that :1orglaugh couldn't say that at work!

I'm not at work:1orglaugh Hope the technical glitches get resolved, and have a great weekend also :)

Reading this it is quite easy to workout what is wrong. I don't use wireless for this very reason. As I know many people who's had this problem.

It's where your main connection modem is for your wireless. If there is anything that receives any form of radio wave in the area...TV, Radio, Telephone, etc. Then it is this that is causing your problem. Especially if it's switched on while your trying to use the internet. You have make sure they are well away from you modem when using the internet. Some I know even have had to move the modem into a area where there are not devices such as these.