• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Most Americans just don't want small cars

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Most Americans just don't want small cars

Americans don't really want these vehicles according to BusinessWeek.

Instead, they want vehicles like the Ford F150, a vehicle that saw its first year on year increase in sales since 2006 according to recent data. In fact, Ford is lifting production on these vehicles, despite the horrific 15 - 17 mpg fuel economy of these pickup trucks.

Sure the Toyota Prius has been a hit and the plethora of plug-in vehicles on the horizon sound compelling, but what about solutions for the majority of Americans that want vehicles like the F150?

Article

Americans Don't Want Small Cars!

Today I heard part of an interview with the EPA administrator, Lisa Jackson, which made my blood boil. During the interview, she threw out the tired lie that American automakers are building too many "large vehicles which the American public do not want to buy" (approximate quote).

If the American people don't want to buy large vehicles, then why is it that the top selling vehicles in the U.S. are as follows?

*Ford F - Series PU 37,549
*Chevrolet Silverado PU 31,728
*Ford Escape 18,005
*Dodge Ram PU 18,644
^Chevrolet Malibu 19,092
^Chevrolet Impala 16,290

Notice the * rows, which are large pickups. And notice the ^ rows, which are midsize or full size cars. 11 of the top 20 vehicles are midsized or large, and 8 of the top 10 are midsized or large.

Now explain this to me, if Americans don't really want to buy large cars, why aren't the top selling vehicles all small cars like the VW Jetta? Is someone twisting their arms into buying the F150's and the Impalas?

Obama and the EPA administrator need to drop the talking points. American's don't want tiny cars.

Article

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I drive an 05 Honda Civic. It's a relatively cheap car char that gets great gas mileage. There is nothing more tedious to me than people who drone on about their cars. I've never understood the fascination.

That is all.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
There is nothing more tedious to me than people who drone on about their cars. I've never understood the fascination.

You're a guy you should get this. :rolleyes:

You're in your vehicle a lot and that's a big reason people like their cars to be comfortable with room to move around in.

People that do not drive much or at all, do not have a voice on this subject.

I actually think the complete opposite is happening. I was just remarking to my wife the other day that out of the 20 or so cars stopped at the traffic light only about 7 were either a truck or an SUV. The rest were sedans or 2 door cars. I have been noticing that alot more cars are on the road lately which is great. As to the increase in truck sales, could this be due to the increase of possible contract sales to government agencies who are retooling thier fllet of worker trucks? Also, trucks will always be needed in the US, its just good to see the declinbe of the suburban, escalade and tahoe type vehicles. It really pissed me off seeing a soccer ball in the window of some little fake blonde thing tooling around talking on the phone with a starbucks in the other hand and no one but herself in the car.
I also see a rise back to the minivan since they are based off a car chasis and they have to perform to car standards unlike those big SUV's who function under the truck regulations.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I always like the idiots who drive a big truck (with a clean, untouched bed) who bitch about gas prices.

Americans just don't want small cars

You're a guy you should get this. :rolleyes:

Really? I am revoking your man card.

That would be a mid-sized or full size vehicle. Not a small car. So, you're wrong. :tongue:

So, if I am understanding this thread correctly, you, Will, have postulated that Americans don't want small, fuel efficient cars. When people disagree with you, you use antiquated, bullshit responses, such as, "you're a guy you should get this. :rolleyes: " (punctuate, please), and "I am revoking your man card."

So, to be entirely clear, are you telling us what Americans want, or what you want? Because the two opinions you just dismissed in a very impolite (near to flaming, one might say) way came from Americans.

Are you going to quote one article and then dismiss all other facts? You just posted an opinion, and two Americans disagreed with you. Now what? Should we possibly re-think the argument that all Americans want big, inefficient vehicles?

No. Clearly :rolleyes: and :tongue: make every argument that need be made.

Please, continue to disagree with Americans who tell you that your opinion on what every American wants is not quite right.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
So, if I am understanding this thread correctly, you, Will, have postulated that Americans don't want small, fuel efficient cars. When people disagree with you, you use antiquated, bullshit responses, such as, "you're a guy you should get this. :rolleyes: " (punctuate, please), and "I am revoking your man card."

So, to be entirely clear, are you telling us what Americans want, or what you want? Because the two opinions you just dismissed in a very impolite (near to flaming, one might say) way came from Americans.

Are you going to quote one article and then dismiss all other facts? You just posted an opinion, and two Americans disagreed with you. Now what? Should we possibly re-think the argument that all Americans want big, inefficient vehicles?

No. Clearly :rolleyes: and :tongue: make every argument that need be made.

Please, continue to disagree with Americans who tell you that your opinion on what every American wants is not quite right.
:stir: Awesome response.

Winning!/10

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I want a pickup truck! Must be a guy thing I dunno, just know I want one. Small cars look so damn girly. Sadly though, I'm sure the day will come when the only options are small cars or walk.

I want a pickup truck! Must be a guy thing I dunno, just know I want one. Small cars look so damn girly. Sadly though, I'm sure the day will come when the only options are small cars or walk.

How about a well-functioning public transit?

That shit works in most of the world...

Facetious

Moderated
How about a well-functioning public transit?

That shit works in most of the world...

It doesn't work in America because our cities aren't as interconnected as the rest of the world.
Take a hike in one of the many available regional parks or preserves sometime, get away from all of the people for a change, you might like it.

I want to want a small car. I really do. I'm bad though. Is liking American Horse Power bad?

I like my Grand Prix GTP, my CTS, and I really really want a Camaro.

I guess it is selfish. Maybe I'll consider a Volt.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
No. Will E is essentially correct. The Japanese eventually beat the hell out of us because they know that everybody except dumbass, sheepish Americans want fuel efficient cars. While Joe Bob and Susie Soccermom are being brainwashed by Madison Avenue, the Big Four in Japan are making cars the rest of the planet wants and/or needs. The only time the US of Ads starts buying smaller cars is when the gas prices peak. But like a hypnotized ferret, they always return to FordChevy-itus. Of course, Tokyo is smart enough to take advantage of dumb Americans by offering their versions of big, family-friendly, beer-toting large bed vehicles...which, surprise, have better mileage and often have a longer reliability.

The self-hating American angle drips from every page of BusinessWeak.

Did they notice that Ford has put the ecoboost twinturbo v6 in it's F150 and that it's selling so well that they plan on expanding production of it?

No, they can't do that because their journalists hate America, and they wonder why the business environment is so toxic and why Americans are so pessimistic on the economy and Obama's chances at reelection. They are hurting their own candidate.