• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Melissa Harris Perry (MSNBC) Star Wars is racist, 'cause Vder is black

MSNBC’s Melissa Harris Perry: Star Wars is Racist Because Darth Vader Is a ‘Black Guy’

MSNBC host Melissa Harris Perry, in addition to comparing black people to the bestial Wookies, complained Saturday that Star Wars is racist because Darth Vader totally looks like a black guy.

“I know why I have feelings — good, bad and otherwise — about Star Wars,” Perry explained. “…I spent the whole day talking about the Darth Vader situation.”

“The part where he was totally a black guy, whose name was basically James Earl Jones,” she said. “While he was black he was terrible and bad, awful and used to cut off white men’s hand, and didn’t actually claim his son. But as soon as he claims his son, goes over to the good, takes off his mask and he is white — yes, I have many feelings about that.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-m...is-racist-because-darth-vader-is-a-black-guy/

Oh boy ! I've heard Fox News hosts saying stupid things but none of them ever something that stupid :facepalm:

1) It's A COSTUME. Under the helmet, Vader is white

2) Yes James Earl Jones is black. But David Prowse was white. The had Jones to do Vader's voice 'cause they wanted a very deep voice

3) In Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, after being called Vader for the very first time by Sidious/Palpatine, Vader, who'se white -he doesn't have the costume he wears in the first 3 movies- goes tyo the jedi temple and kill all the kids around. Vader is white.

4) Vader's costumer is black but the Stormtroopers are dressed in white. And they're all bad guys.

5) The Rebels are from many races, many planets : humans (blacks and whites), sullustans, Wookies, Mon Calamari. On the other side, every characters part of the Empire and whose face is visible is a white human. The Empire is racist. The Allaiance aren't and they are the good guys.

The worst part is that people like Melissa Harris-Perry calling raciost some things that are clearly not racist diminishes the credibility of those who fight against real racism. It's totally counter-productive.
What an idiot she is...

"The Empire is racist"

Darth Maul was a Zabrak and, while not part of the Empire, he was a Sith so the bad guys don't seem that hostile to other races.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Stormtroopers, at least in the prequel trilogy, are all brown guys since their clones of Jango.

By elisting them into the galactic army and putting them in white suits, clearly George Lucas was commenting on the whitewashing of Latino culture in modern day America.

#racist

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Lando Calrissian was the only black guy in the Star Wars universe in Episodes V and VI but there were tons of brownish folks in the prequels. So was there some kind of ethnic cleansing?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
What's with all ther damn aliens in that movie? If you wanted to be racist, you had to get rid of THEM first!

Star Wars ain't racist at all

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I agree that Melissa Harris Perry is a One Trick Pony Race Card Waving Mongoloid.

I have a question about The Star Wars. I've never seen any of the films but am interested in picking up the blu-ray box set containing all 6 of them. I've seen mixed reviews but wanted to know from you guys if it is worth getting.

Do it, but take episodes 1-3 and give them to that guy asking for money at the end of the higway exit ramp. Maybe he can hock it to score some booze or meth. Either way, they'd be put to better use than actually watching them.

I agree that Melissa Harris Perry is a One Trick Pony Race Card Waving Mongoloid.

I have a question about The Star Wars. I've never seen any of the films but am interested in picking up the blu-ray box set containing all 6 of them. I've seen mixed reviews but wanted to know from you guys if it is worth getting.
You should see one of them -I suggest Episode IV ; A New Hope- to see if that's the kind of movie you like. Some people don't like Star Wars at all...

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement

Yeah, they're worth it. The series wouldn't be a cultural phenomenon if they weren't. The prequels are definitely of a lower quality (Attack of the Clones is truly awful) but they are entertaining and have some good in them. Once you hit Episode III, you're golden.

Just purchased The Star Wars 9 disc Blu-ray set from Best Buy. Looking forward to seeing Burt Reynolds as Darth Vader, Christopher Walken as Han Solo, Walter Matthau as Obi One Kenobi, Jack Lemmon as Chewbacca, and Richard Dreyfuss as C3PO.

Just saw The Star Wars Episode: For A New Hope. Good stuffs and even better than Star Crash and Battle Beyond The Stars. I recommend this film. The only thing racist was a mention of Sand People.

Just finished watching Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi this week. Great films. That blu-ray set is definitely worth getting. Melissa Harris Perry sure is a horse's ass for poo-pooing Star Wars. I wish her a lifetime of eating Wookiee dingleberries.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I just watched "The Force Awakens." The spoiler my brother's daughter spilled was fucking true. I'm gonna shit in her lunchbox.

Just a heads up; The Star Wars Force Awakens is available on Blu-ray/DVD today. Pick up a copy and watch Melissa Harris-Perry sneer and cleverly insinuate you are a racist. She'll be the cashier at Best Buy.