• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

McMahon Upset...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
McMahon Upset With Lack of WWE Stars.

It seems as if Vince McMahon is groing increasingly more frustrated with WWE's inability to create more stars. It's being reported that he has been openly pissed off during creative meetings as of late and really wants WWE to develop some new main event material. Ironic that he then institutes the guest host concept which places all the TV attention on non-wrestling personalities.

Article

He should just sell the WWE. :yesyes:

His past is catching up with him, he should have left the WCW and ECW alone. And, not messed with Brett Hart like he did.

Who wants to work for someone that acts like McMahon?

Oh, and TNA has been beating WWE in ratings. :hatsoff:

TNA has been beating WWE? That's awesome!
How many years has it been since Vince bought the WWWF from his Father? Sure, there have been some awesome times, but I think Vince has become outdated. I'm sure the PG-13 rating on USA doesn't help. Maybe the WWE needs to focus on the 2nd W more and not so much on the E. I kind of wish that Shane McMahon would take over and they'd send Vince off to pasture. Also, since Vince bought up the competition, there isn't really anywhere to purchase/steal talent from now is there? I have said it before and I'll say it again. it's time to bring back the territories in pro wrestling. The WWE can be the minor leagues, but let the minors show what they can do.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I'm sure the PG-13 rating on USA doesn't help. Maybe the WWE needs to focus on the 2nd W more and not so much on the E. I kind of wish that Shane McMahon would take over and they'd send Vince off to pasture.

It's PG. WWE's PG Rating

The person who wrote that article is nuts. It would be greed if they went to an R, NC-17, or Triple X rating.

All the McMahon's have to go. The world of wrestling would be better off.

Also, since Vince bought up the competition, there isn't really anywhere to purchase/steal talent from now is there? I have said it before and I'll say it again. it's time to bring back the territories in pro wrestling. The WWE can be the minor leagues, but let the minors show what they can do.

He shouldn't have bought the competition. That was a bad idea.
Now he should sell the rights to ECW and WCW.

I've been saying that for a long time now. Bring back the wrestling territories!

Classic Pro Wrestling Territories :thumbsup:

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
like the stock market and real estate, sometimes the market turns down. McMahon needs to take a deep breath, swim in his pool of diamonds for a while and realize he has it real good. He took a dying form of entertainment and turned it into a cultural phenomenon.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
like the stock market and real estate, sometimes the market turns down. McMahon needs to take a deep breath, swim in his pool of diamonds for a while and realize he has it real good. He took a dying form of entertainment and turned it into a cultural phenomenon.

I'll agree with McMahon has it good, very good.

But, he turned wrestling into entertainment and took wrestling out of wrestling.
It's all about the "product" now and not wrestling and how marketable the wrestler is and that's not right.

For example: Hogan and Stonecold, they couldn't wrestle, but their merchandise made money and they were marketable personalities.
They weren't wrestlers.

Wrestling wasn't "dying."
The news and newspapers used to report on wrestling, like all other sports.

:hatsoff:

Wainkerr99

Closed Account
His pushing has driven some of the best wrestlers he had over the edge - although they are to be held accountable for their own actions. It is just I used to think he was pushing too hard.

He can't expect certain characters to 'carry' WWE, not John Cena, not anyone. It should always be a collaborative effort.

Maybe Vince should focus on movies more.

His pushing has driven some of the best wrestlers he had over the edge - although they are to be held accountable for their own actions. It is just I used to think he was pushing too hard.

He can't expect certain characters to 'carry' WWE, not John Cena, not anyone. It should always be a collaborative effort.

Maybe Vince should focus on movies more.

God no, the movies are shit. Worse than the product coming out of WWE lately. Every time Vince is on the cusp of making a new star, creative buries that star. Look no further than The Miz, Evan Bourne and a host of others to see that. They need to overhaul creative and sit down with their "big" stars (Cena, Triple H) and instruct them that they do NOT always need to come out on top in a feud. That's how new stars are made. A good worker (see: Undertaker, Chris Jericho) can make just about anybody, but has to shove the ego out of the way and do a job now and again to elevate that star.
Hogan couldn't wrestle for shit, but Austin could. He was actually booked at one point as the Ringmaster, for those with short memories. Austin's character didn't need to wrestle, as he got that over...it's a shame that happened, but remember what match put him over...a 60-min iron man match with Bret Hart...where he "wrestled" for a good long time. It's about character development as a compliment to physical abilities. You can't have one without the other. Jeff hardy's more over than he's ever been because somewhere along the line, someone taught him how to cut a promo. You have to market the whole product.
The much-vaunted TNA used to have the same problem - a dearth of talent they brought in to sell tickets, and no character or story development. Half the guys got lost in the shuffle. They're getting smarter and actually focusing on some storyline and character development and now the sky's the limit if they push it right and don't get too caught up in their own success. Still...beating WWE in ratings? What, Impact vs Superstars?

God no, the movies are shit. Worse than the product coming out of WWE lately. Every time Vince is on the cusp of making a new star, creative buries that star. Look no further than The Miz, Evan Bourne and a host of others to see that. They need to overhaul creative and sit down with their "big" stars (Cena, Triple H) and instruct them that they do NOT always need to come out on top in a feud. That's how new stars are made. A good worker (see: Undertaker, Chris Jericho) can make just about anybody, but has to shove the ego out of the way and do a job now and again to elevate that star.
Hogan couldn't wrestle for shit, but Austin could. He was actually booked at one point as the Ringmaster, for those with short memories. Austin's character didn't need to wrestle, as he got that over...it's a shame that happened, but remember what match put him over...a 60-min iron man match with Bret Hart...where he "wrestled" for a good long time. It's about character development as a compliment to physical abilities. You can't have one without the other. Jeff hardy's more over than he's ever been because somewhere along the line, someone taught him how to cut a promo. You have to market the whole product.
The much-vaunted TNA used to have the same problem - a dearth of talent they brought in to sell tickets, and no character or story development. Half the guys got lost in the shuffle. They're getting smarter and actually focusing on some storyline and character development and now the sky's the limit if they push it right and don't get too caught up in their own success. Still...beating WWE in ratings? What, Impact vs Superstars?

Well, they beat ECW and Superstars.

In Britain, they are actaully beating WWE, i think.

Vince's crazy and often over the top story lines are what had him on top for so long, but he has run out of gimmicks. He has cycled thru them way too quickly and it has become mundane and boring. I stopped watching quite some time ago.
He doesn't want stars to "work" for him, he wants to "own" them, so they are just staying away!

I miss G.L.O.W. hahaha

Wrestling anymore seems to be nothing more than a soap opera in a wrestling ring.

The only place that TNA is beating WWE in viewership, is the UK, and the only reason for that is becasue TNA is shown on a "free" channel, wheras if UK people want to watch WWE shows they have to pay up to £50 a month.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Jericho Says WWE In "Crisis" Over Talent Development.

WWE In Crisis: "We’re in a crisis period in WWE and we need to build new guys. When Shawn Michaels came back to Raw, he said, “Whose been built since I left?” On Smackdown we’ve built [John] Morrison and [Dolph] Ziggler and Cryme Tyme. The Intercontinetal title has been rebuilt now with Rey Mysterio. But I can’t tell you on Raw who has been built over the last six months. They better do it soon, because when this generation of performers is gone, who will replace them?"

Article

A good worker (see: Undertaker, Chris Jericho) can make just about anybody, but has to shove the ego out of the way and do a job now and again to elevate that star.

Undertaker, good worker? The guy hasn't even wrestled in a match where a rookie is given a moment to shine. Undertaker is one of the reasons why WWE is killing itself. WWE has given long title runs to middle aged veterans (Taker, HBK, HHH, Jericho, Big Show) who by now should be giving way to young stars. The Jeff Hardy-CM Punk feud is a step in the right direction. DX losing to the Legacy will be another. Undertaker's losing at the next Wrestlemania to a very good young star will definitely put more emphasis on this new direction.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
WWE To Launch Cable TV Channel Within 2 Years.

On the heels of last night's SummerSlam pay-per-view, The Los Angeles Times has an article on World Wrestling Entertainment today. There is a lot of focus on WWE's "family friendly" image, but there are some other interesting notes as well.

Vince McMahon said he hopes to launch a cable network "within two years." He feels confident they will be successful because WWE has "a lot of clout" in the entertainment industry, noting their vast video library will help create content for a cable channel.

McMahon also added he's not a big fan of agents. He gave the following quote: "I'm not a real fan of agents," acknowledged McMahon. "As long as you are fair with everyone, why would you have an agent?" he wondered, adding that his top guys pull in "several million dollars a year."

Article

The WWE can't produce new stars and he wants to start a new channel?

Also, Vince treats people fairly? :rolleyes: :1orglaugh

He doesn't like agents because he might actually have to treat people decently. Oh, like Bret Hart. :tongue:

Undertaker, good worker? The guy hasn't even wrestled in a match where a rookie is given a moment to shine. Undertaker is one of the reasons why WWE is killing itself. WWE has given long title runs to middle aged veterans (Taker, HBK, HHH, Jericho, Big Show) who by now should be giving way to young stars. The Jeff Hardy-CM Punk feud is a step in the right direction. DX losing to the Legacy will be another. Undertaker's losing at the next Wrestlemania to a very good young star will definitely put more emphasis on this new direction.

You're kidding, right? You've watched this stuff before say, last week? Undertaker has worked with and made the best of them. John Cena and Kurt Angle would be just a couple from the luminary list. How many times has the Undertaker been "bumped off" by the next rising star? How big would Mankind have been if he hadn't had a huge feud with 'Taker? Just because he hasn't tapped to someone in their first match doesn't mean the man's not a worker. Jeez, the man's even made Khali look like he can wrestle a tiny bit, and let's face it...Khali can't wrestle. Further proof lies in the opinions of his peers. Try reading any of the books by Foley, Edge and others to see their opinions. Long title runs? When exactly has the Undertaker had a long title run? Less than 6 months in any event, and he's been WHC what, 6 times in 20 years? Yes, the WWE needs to embrace a new creative direction and they need to develop some stars, but it will take veterans like 'Taker and Jericho to make that happen. When exactly was Jericho's last title run? Big Show's? Yes, I'm aware they're the tag champs, but who has that been used for thus far? Hmm...elevating Cryme Tyme to unheard of status and it would now appear that they're doing the same for Henry and MVP. DX have two wins against Legacy, but are turning them into a monster by making them look strong in defeat. The legends need to learn to pass the mantle, yes. Hell I've ranted about that here many times myself, but it's not without a cooperative effort that that's going to happen. Any clue as to why 'Taker chokeslammed Punk at the end of SS? Hardy's leaving the company for a bit, and now they're putiing Punk against the best. If he wasn't money before (and he was) he will be solid platinum after this.