• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

McDonald’s Worker Spits in Tea: How Gross is Fast Food?

:mad: :drool2:

Police in South Carolina say that a McDonald's worker spit in two customers' cups of iced tea after they returned them because they weren't sweet enough. A video shows the employee,19-year-old Marvin Washington Jr., leaning over the open cups before giving them back. The fast food chain patrons claim they discovered phlegm in the drinks when they removed their tops. He was arrested Wednesday and charged with malicious tampering with food.

Eating out can be an exercise in suspended disbelief. Wide eyed, we assume the food is fresh and wholesome and that workers have followed the "employees must wash hands" decree posted in the bathroom. Nevertheless, the McDonald's incident is so sickening because it actually bears out the urban legend that a disdainful waiter can and will contaminate your food if you tick him off.

yahoo.com http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/mcdonald-8217-worker-spits-tea-gross-fast-food-185600556.html

Fast food dangers

Not to single out one business, an undercover NBC Dateline investigation revealed that 60% of restaurants in the nation's top 10 chains had received critical health code violations in the year-and-a-half prior to the report. Caroline Smith-Dewaal who works for the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a food safety watchdog group, explained, "A critical violation is something that happens in a restaurant that may result in the food becoming contaminated."

Some of the recurring problems at franchises such as McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Burger King were rodent droppings, insects, food borne illnesses, debris and grime on counters and in prep areas, and poor employee sanitation. Given that about 25% of Americans eat fast food everyday, that's millions of opportunities to be exposed to something nasty, or worse, a pathogen that could make you sick.
The Huffington Post catalogs a revolting list of items reported to have been found in customers' fast food. Some of the gruesome highlights: maggots in Wendy's fries, saliva on a Whopper, a bloody band-aid in a Pizza Hut pizza crust, and a fried mouse in a basket of Popeye's chicken.

As for independent restaurants, Bourdain claims that kitchens are more sanitary than when he was working on the line. "Things are much better now—with fish markets, with the quality of food handling in general," he told WebMD. "There is a sense of pride and raised expectations in kitchens now that didn't exist when I started out." The availability of restaurant inspection reports online may also be pushing owners to clean up their acts.

Nevertheless, restaurant report cards have no control over the impulsive nature of human beings. Maybe it would be better just to sweeten that tea yourself.

ive worked in enough food establishments to know what not to eat, and how to talk to the people making your food.

ive seen buckets of coleslaw on the floor at the end of the cook line with no tops... after a while, they either mix it up, or just peel off the congealed layer on top, or spit in it first.
ive seen subs fall face first on the pizzeria floor, and get wrapped up for the customer... chicken that was pulled from the oven at 7am sit on a counter and still being served at 3pm... i could continue.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
That's what they get for being picky little douchebags about their sweet tea. Don't mess with the people that make your food. There have been plenty of people that have pissed me off to no end during my job as a manager at my current place of work, but I've never spit or done anything nasty to anyone's food. As for the people that have done it, they've probably taken so much bullshit from customers that they're fed up, and that's their way of fighting back. Unfortunately.

Seriously. Don't mess with people that make your food. We're real people, we have feelings. Treat us as such. Don't be snotty, picky little bitches about your food. Give food workers a break, whether it's fast food or fine dining. Fast food workers, I'd say, work pretty damn hard and stand for a lot of bullshit day in and day out for very little money.

Steak n Shake has the best fries, bar none!

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I would rather cook at home. There are scant few places I'll eat at in my area. No fast food, for sure. Pink Slime Is A Crime!

Seriously. Don't mess with people that make your food. We're real people, we have feelings. Treat us as such. Don't be snotty, picky little bitches about your food. Give food workers a break, whether it's fast food or fine dining. Fast food workers, I'd say, work pretty damn hard and stand for a lot of bullshit day in and day out for very little money.

I'm not saying these guys were right to complain about sweet tea, but if the order is wrong a paying customer shouldn't be afraid to want it corrected. We all work hard and deserve the sandwich, drink, etc we asked for. I don't think the problem is employees putting up with customers shit all day. It's a lack of respect for their employer and no pride in their work. Most fast food workers are high school kids who don't give a shit about their job or the consequences of getting fired. They're 19, they'll find other jobs. Everybody puts up with shit at their jobs. Only punk ass kids use it as an excuse to fuck with other peoples food.

you know how many times ive eaten at mc donalds? i cannot tell you the exact number but it has been a lot.
how many times did i get sick after eating or did my stomach hurt? .. none, zip,nada and never.
even in good restaurants the quality is sometimes worse then at mc donalds.

you know how many times ive eaten at mc donalds? i cannot tell you the exact number but it has been a lot.
how many times did i get sick after eating or did my stomach hurt? .. none, zip,nada and never.
even in good restaurants the quality is sometimes worse then at mc donalds.
Exactly
McDonald's has very strict policies about hygiene and food security, checked very often. I wouldn't say so about every restaurant.
TThe thing is, McDonald's is a very famous worlwide know brand so everytime something happens, the medias tell it but this kind of shit happend in every kind of restaurant but since these restaurants aren't has famous as McvDonald's the medias don't tell it because no one cares.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
That's why I bring my own chef with me.

I don't eat at any restaurant until I go into the kitchen. You can tell everything by a quick walk through of the kitchen, and any restaurant will let you do that. And I don't eat fast food.

Now, do stupid things like spitting happen even in clean kitchens? Yeah, you know that's going on. I think the best line of the article in the OP is, "Eating out can be an exercise in suspended disbelief." That's entirely true. If you want complete control over your food in order to ensure no shenanigans, make it yourself. Otherwise, deal with the risks.

I do believe that anyone who does this should be prosecuted, and harshly. And, I can guarantee that this shit never happened in the kitchens I've been in charge of. If anyone did anything even remotely inappropriate with the customers' food, they were fired on the spot. And STDiva is entirely right, too. Customers order food, get them the food they order. If they don't like what you made, remake it until they are happy. You're not doing them a favour by producing what they're asking for, you are doing your job.

That said, people are rude as fuck to employees in the food service industry. They're not your servants, people. They are working for a living, just like you do, and you prove yourself an asshole when you're rude.