• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Marvel Comics Kills Off Spider-Man, Replaces with Half-Black, Half-Hispanic teen

Well, looks like they decide to kill 3 birds with one stone. Not sure what the big deal is though. There have been multiple renditions of Spiderman, Batman, and the Green Lantern(Though this one is much more understandable since there are thousands of Green Lanterns anyway). They almost always fail to live up to the original so I typically respond to these sort of things with a yawn.

They should have made him 25% latino. 25% asian, 25% african and 25% "undetermined"-then he could be EVERYthing to EVERYone.

Another alternative universe? Marvel have too many already, which gets confusing if you don't take the time to lookup the info.

Spider-Man will never truly die though, because he's been killed many times over within the Marvel multi-verse. :cool:

To be fair that might be the case if this came about organically and was just a natural part of a plots progression and the best way a story should do, but it's not.

It's pretty much blatant political correctness that is brutally pounded in there in a matter so obvious that a blind man could see it. Race is a part of the discussion on this because Marvel made it that way by it's own doing, and not because other people are overreacting to it.

I wouldn't know honestly. I haven't been following it.....

What would you consider an organic evolution arriving at this point though?

Besides, Green Lantern! Now THAT'S races.:kettle::facepalm:

Careful now, your bud meester was just proclaiming race should be irrelevant to a discussion.

Be interesting which weigh he would have wade in on this if I hadn't tipped him off with this post...Oh well....maybe next time...(I'm sure there will be..:o)

Who exactly are the ones injecting race into this American comic hero?

I hate to break it to some of you, but the country is changing. By 2042, minorities will be the majority. The group predicted to post the most dramatic gain is the Hispanic population. It is projected to nearly triple, from 46.7 million to 132.8 million, from 2008 through 2050.

According to the Census Caucasians are still at least 63% (roughly 190 million). "White" persons are over 70% (or 210 million).

"Minorities" will no doubt grow as a populace during this time but Caucasians aren't going to just disappear. "Minorities" broken down by "race" will still be far behind Caucasians.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

I wouldn't know honestly. I haven't been following it.....

What would you consider an organic evolution arriving at this point though?

Besides, Green Lantern! Now THAT'S races.:kettle::facepalm:

:facepalm:

Deepcover

Closed Account
I hate to break it to some of you, but the country is changing. By 2042, minorities will be the majority. The group predicted to post the most dramatic gain is the Hispanic population. It is projected to nearly triple, from 46.7 million to 132.8 million, from 2008 through 2050.

Really? Well i'll be dead by then.

Who exactly are the ones injecting race into this American comic hero?

Stories are written in various incarnations all the time. Batman and Dark Knight have duel story lines.

The storyteller decided to vary the story....happens all the time. Just so happens instead of writing the superhero gets married to a MiLF or something...they simply wrote some kid got inspired by Spiderman to replace or become or whatever...

I mean, isn't the elephant sized clue in the room the fact that it's apart of a different series with different origins and predictably different stories, etc.?

The person who injected race into the discussion was whoever wrote the story in manner that depicts race as the principle feature of the story.

Of course, that was picked up by the usuals on FOs...:dunno:

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Pathetic. Surely it would be more progressive & interesting to create a new superhero who is Half-Black, Half-Hispanic rather than just take an existing one & reboot him!

:clap: That's what I was thinking.

Why kill off, Spidey? They should've just made another SuperHero (as PC as they like) and then people can follow whoever they want too.

Yes, this is Earth-1610. Ultimate Marvel. The regular, main continuity Earth-616 Spider-Man that we've all known for years is still alive and well.

Ultimate Spider-Man is now half-black, half-hispanic and possibly gay? Now Asians, Arabs, Jews and Bi-sexual's are gonna be left out.:facepalm: