• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Marine Le Pen refuses to cover up for diplomatic meeting in Lebanon

Beirut (CNN)France's Marine Le Pen canceled a meeting with Lebanon's Grand Mufti Tuesday after refusing to wear a headscarf.
The far-right presidential candidate is on a two-day tour of Lebanon where she is courting Franco-Lebanese votes ahead of the first round of French elections on April 23.

Le Pen told reporters that she was surprised by the requirement. But a spokesman for the Grand Mufti said Le Pen had been informed of the need to wear a head covering before the meeting.

Le Pen said she had met the Grand Mufti of Al-Azhar during a visit to Egypt in 2015 without covering her head.
"I met the grand mufti of Al-Azhar," she told reporters. "The highest Sunni authority didn't have this requirement, but it doesn't matter."
"You can pass on my respects to the grand mufti, but I will not cover myself up," she insisted.

Le Pen has been outspoken in her opposition to the headscarf and has stated that she would ban all religious symbols in public places.
A spokesman for Lebanon's Sunni religious leader, Grand Mufti Abdel Latif Derian, told CNN that Le Pen had been informed of the need to wear a head covering prior to the meeting

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe/marine-le-pen-headscarf-lebanon-grand-mufti/

Now if Marion Maréchal-Le Pen would refuse to cover up so we can see her grand muffti that would just be ooh lah lah.

The Eurotards had a hissy fit when I mentioned this the other day.

It needs it's own thread.

Le Pen is looking good going into first round voting.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Religion should only exist in books and in people's minds, and eventually cease to exist when human civilization evolves past the need for primitive religious beliefs.

Religion should only exist in books and in people's minds, and eventually cease to exist when human civilization evolves past the need for primitive religious beliefs.

you know that the goal of communism right? the same people that want to eradicate religion are the same ones that want to eliminate private property, abolish the family, etc

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Religion and all other ideologies should only exist in books and in people's minds, and eventually cease to exist when human civilization evolves past the need for any ideologies.

The laws of nature explained by science are the only things we need to believe in.

It was, indeed, a pretty clever publicity stunt : Her and/or her staff knew she would be required to wear a headscarf if she was to meet the Grand Mufti. Still they arranged and maintained that meeting, only to have her refusing to do so and to publicize it her refusal. But the sad fact is that the medias don't see that (or maybe they don't want to because that kind of news is the kind that bring them audience).

It was, indeed, a pretty clever publicity stunt : Her and/or her staff knew she would be required to wear a headscarf if she was to meet the Grand Mufti. Still they arranged and maintained that meeting, only to have her refusing to do so and to publicize it her refusal. But the sad fact is that the medias don't see that (or maybe they don't want to because that kind of news is the kind that bring them audience).

and what evidence do you have? provide some evidence

After meeting Christian President Michel Aoun - her first public handshake with a head of state - and Sunni Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri on Monday, she had been scheduled to meet the Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Latif Derian

[...]

The cleric's press office said Le Pen's aides had been informed beforehand that a headscarf was required for the meeting and had been "surprised by her refusal".

And even if you claim the cleric lied and Ms Lepen had not been informed of this requirement, it would demonstrates how much her staff is incompetent, not even able to be informed about PR protocol issues...

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
If I may weigh in on this:
Johan is probably correct . She probably knew she would be expected to wear it.
That doesn't mean the whole thing was staged but it seems likely she would have known and had made her decision prior.
But it isn't her rule or custom so if she used this to gain publicity good for her.
Its a custom that is obtrusive and she does not need to abide by it and nobody should.
If she visited a nunery would she have to dress like a nun?
If she visited India would she be expected to put a dot on her face?

Its not her faith, not her custom.
I read that Michelle Obama Soetoro also refused the same when in a similar situation.

Again I will say just as I said hundreds of times during the US 2016 election regarding Trump. There is no way La Pen can lose an honest, unrigged election.
But it will be rigged, the bad guys will use the media will do all they can to hurt her.
Lets hope enough people show up to vote for her to overcome the election fruad just like we did in November.

I feel this way because Europe is going down. Thousands of years of beautiful cultures are coming to an end swiftly.
But mostly a lot of innocent people are going to get hurt and killed if things continue the path they are on.
They got the guns but we got the numbers.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
She's cute. I would fuck her....provided she isn't one of those wierd French chicks that doesn't shave her pits or legs...or snatch.