• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Major DC Comics character to come out...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Is Batman gay? Major DC Comics character to come out of the closet

DC Comics plans to reintroduce a character as gay in a future issue, it has been revealed.

Co-publisher Dan DiDio previously said that the company would not change the sexual orientation of an existing superhero and would bring in a new one altogether.

But at Kapow Comic Convention in London on Sunday, he revealed that an existing character - who was previously assumed to be straight - will become ‘one of our most prominent gay characters’

Article

Another DC comics marketing ploy fail. :facepalm:

I don't have a problem with a homosexual character as long as it's an organic part of a plot, makes sense, and isn't some marketing or PR gimmick, but with DC bringing in gay people has been well past played out.

They have numerous gay people already from what I thought so this isn't breaking new ground or anything.

(Heck, now that I think about it it seems pretty much half the women in the Batman family of comics throughout the last couple of decades have either been lesbian, bisexual, or at least hinted at being somewhat bi-curious if not more.)

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Basically what D-rock said. Turning a character gay just so DC can play up how modern they are is stupid, but if it makes sense go for it.

My money is on The Flash. Or that little boy who turns into Captain Marvel.

The DC Universe has plenty of gay characters. Oh, I see those gay characters are minor characters. So I'm assuming that this major character is/was a member of the Justice League. Come on, make it turn out to be Aquaman.

Basically what D-rock said. Turning a character gay just so DC can play up how modern they are is stupid, but if it makes sense go for it.

My money is on The Flash. Or that little boy who turns into Captain Marvel.

Can't really see the flash being gay. He is a hit with the ladies. My money is on Robin.

batman6-1.jpg

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I... guess that's a big deal? :dunno:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I want more of the female superheroes and superfoes to turn gay ;)