• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lucas to ressurect dead movie stars on screen.

http://www.collider.com/2010/12/06/george-lucas-digitally-resurrect-deceased-actors/

Heralds a new high or a low in the movie business?

Stars from the golden era of Hollywood might hold considerable clout in the mindspace of the current generation but no technological advancement especially of the nature of trying to revive in artifical form can ever be a substitute for real acting. It undermines the very basis of what is film and patronizes an era that should be left alone and not made a spoof of.

Animation and 3D does require suspension of disbelief and pulls a few strings as far as being able to remotely associate with whats being portrayed but this seems a little to far-fetched. It has the real potential of becoming the biggest joke ever.

I'm being a little skeptical here though we all know George has the technical vision which can pull him out of his lack of story telling and character building skillz. I just hope its in good taste notwithstanding how degenerate the idea sounds.

They'll end up looking worse than Ted Turner's colorization attempt of classic B&W films during the late 80s. Very zombiesque.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
If this means I get to see Audrey Hepburn in Step-Up 4: Dis Shit B' Real, I am all for it.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
They'll end up looking worse than Ted Turner's colorization attempt of classic B&W films during the late 80s. Very zombiesque.

yeah i remember when they started doing that.
the 80's was it?
wow, its been that long.

the early real color movies however, wizard of oz, gone with the wind ect. look awesome.
something about the film they used just made the colors look so vivid.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
Hilarious.
Try resurrecting your own credibility, Lucas, before committing digital necrophilia. Remember when you used to be good? Remember when you managed to permanently alter the landscape of future fiction with a perfectly crafted, honest, inspired idea?
Help us Obi-Wan. You're our only hope.

feelfree

Closed Account
If he actually does this then I think I'll be done with motion pictures forever and get a new hobby. I'm so disgusted with films these days. Maybe I'll start reading books again.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
This is a big no-no.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
I also thikn this is reprehensible. Surely you get a break from working when you're dead?

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Did he steal a copy of the Necronomican from Sam Rami?

So I take it that Lucas the Hutt's dick must have twitched when he first watched Forrest Gump? Especially with the JFK and John Lennon scenes?

:dunno:

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I take it that it wasn't enough that he (and Spielberg, though I know that Spielberg has much more talent and I hope wasn't as present for the filming as Lucas was) raped the Indiana Jones franchise with the last movie and butchered The Return of the Jedi by inserting Hayden Christensen into the scene with Yoda and Obi-Wan?

Goddamn you Curious George.